• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS Zone Of The Enders News: Nothing In Development, Maybe 3-5 Years From Now

Erethian said:
As soon as Konami realised he was working on a new ZOE they asked him why it wasn't MGS-related, and had it cancelled.
Zone of Enders is much more niche than MGS. It makes sense why Konami wants more Metal Gear. Zone of Enders didn't sell well outside of Japan, and sold alright there.

ymmv

Banned
Stella-Maris-1918-2b.gif

Yeah, remember when Kojima tweeted right before E3 about that secret project he had been working on for the past year that was now cancelled? It was probably ZOE 3DS.

I was at the stage event today and the place was crowded! If it's anything to go by, at least in Japan there is a sizeable fandom for the series.

Also, "erect cockpit".

Yen

What is Kojima working on then? He isn't working on Rising or MGS3D. KojiPro are working on PW HD. I don't know what's happening with ZOE HD.
He should just break away from Konami and do whatever the hell he likes.

-Winnie-

Yenrot said:
What is Kojima working on then? He isn't working on Rising or MGS3D. KojiPro are working on PW HD. I don't know what's happening with ZOE HD.
He should just break away from Konami and do whatever the hell he likes.

There's that "Devil Project" and whatever the Fox Engine is for.

Omikaru

Let's be honest guys, we all had a good idea what the status of ZOE3 was long before today's news (though the fact that they were developing it is disheartening). Whilst it's disappointing that nothing is still happening, if you want a sequel, now is a better time than any to make Konami see sense.

As Kojima stated, he was surprised by the audience turnout. That's a good thing for starters. We also have the ZOE HD Collection coming next year, which will be a good way to show Konami that the series is worth their time and investment.

As a ZOE fan, I'm more optimistic now than I have been in years.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Vyse The Legend said:
Yeah, remember when Kojima tweeted right before E3 about that secret project he had been working on for the past year that was now cancelled? It was probably ZOE 3DS.
Pretty sure there was never a ZOE 3DS.

duckroll

But guys! ZoE 3DS definitely exists! It has to be announced at TGS!! You are all fools if you don't believe that!!!! LOLZ HAR HAR!

LOL WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT SHIT EH? Suck it up fanboys, no one wants to pay for a ZoE game because it's not worth the money. Just go watch Gundam or something. :p

closinglaptophulk.gif

What pissed me off the most is that the new fox engine game was teased for like ever (more than a year) to be unveiled at TGS11...and nothing.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
duckroll said:
But guys! ZoE 3DS definitely exists! It has to be announced at TGS!! You are all fools if you don't believe that!!!! LOLZ HAR HAR!

LOL WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT SHIT EH? Suck it up fanboys, no one wants to pay for a ZoE game because it's not worth the money. Just go watch Gundam or something. :p
He'll continually bring it up for the next 3-5 years, only to follow it up with a "I wish I could do it". Throw in a few, show your support, like this on facebook, follow the twitter, dozens of little stupid pictures to be a tease, etc. We have ourselves a carrot!

Just got to accept that it will never be made. It isn't financially valuable and both Koji/Konami are far too invest into MGS.

Nix

Banned
duckroll said:

Crush my soul and then drink the sweet nectar. CRUSH MY SOUL AND THEN DRINK THE SWEET NECTAR!!!!

Damn...DAMN YOU KOJIMA WHY!? Aw well, at least we know it's going to be coming out next gen. I mean, come on. PS4 graphics ya know? Great mock-ups for future battles. Oh, and Z.O.E HD will keep me occupied. Well, guess we'll just have to sit tight and wait a little.

shintoki said:
He'll continually bring it up for the next 3-5 years, only to follow it up with a "I wish I could do it". Throw in a few, show your support, like this on facebook, follow the twitter, dozens of little stupid pictures to be a tease, etc. We have ourselves a carrot!

Just got to accept that it will never be made. It isn't financially valuable and both Koji/Konami are far too invest into MGS.

oh yeah, I hate Kojima's tweet, snatcher, zoe, policenaults picture all year long...for what? nothing at all, that what.

same here, I was was so hyped for some NEW ZOE, will try to forget about it but i'll be difficult given the size ZOE games take on my shelf at home and the fact that I'll prolly play the shit out of the ports on 360 and Vita.

yurinka

EatChildren said:
Kojima Productions hasn't released a console game since MGS4 in 2008.

I'm pretty sure they're not making anything at this point.
Since then :

-Released MGS5 eeehhh Peace Walker.
-Helped -a bit- in Castlevania (and there is its unnanounced sequel coming too).
-Worked in HD porting MGS2, MGS3 and MGSPW to PS3, 360, Vita.
-Worked in 3D porting MGS3 to 3DS.
-ZOE 1 & 2 HD ports are coming to PS3, 360, Vita too.
-Worked in MGS Rising.
-R&D work for the new Fox Engine and its first game (confirmed for PS3, Vita).

So they have been busy.
BurntPork said:
So he was trolling. Typical.
Metal Gear Soda's sonyer carnivale:
-MGS hint using 360 colors -> iOS Duck Hunt clone
-MGS goes multiplatform with Rising -> it's a Raiden spinoff using other game genre
-MGS5 is coming -> it's a PSP game
-MGS3 coming to 3DS -> looks worse than PS2 version, PS Vita gets transfarring enabled MGS HD collection
-ZOE 3DS tease -> ZOE HD collection coming to PS Vita

Apath

4srQ1.jpg

Why have the Jehuty posed in front of a 3DS sign then >=[

duckroll said:

I've accepted this a long time ago, but the recent ZOE news (HD ports and the little hints they've been giving out) has given me new hope. Now it's all gone.

=[=[=[=[=[=[=[=[

Honestly I'm still amazed we're even getting ZOE1&2 in HD AND on Vita. It's one of those games I'd hope for, but never expect.

kuroshiki

I don't get this.

Why all negative reactions? This means that if ZOE HD editions are selling well, then we will see ZOE3. Of course if HD edition is selling like a crap then we won't see a thing.

It's a typical business. No one wants to throw the money away, especially corporate entity.

kuroshiki

Kenak said:
4srQ1.jpg

Why have the Jehuty posed in front of a 3DS sign then >=[

According to Kojima, ZOE has large following inside his team too, so people make random posters for ZOE. Apparently 3DS one was one of them.

Obviously, this means he's working on the next Snatcher game. That's the only logical conclusion to why he's not doing ZoE3.

Yep, I'm still gonna crush all my cynicalism with blinding, unrelenting optimism. WOOT LETS GO SNATCHER 2! I'M NOT DEAD INSIDE! YEAH!

kuroshiki said:
I don't get this.

Why all negative reactions? This means that if ZOE HD editions are selling well, then we will see ZOE3. Of course if HD edition is selling like a crap then we won't see a thing.

It's a typical business. No one wants to throw the money away, especially corporate entity.
So the HD edition is a test. I fucking hate tests. Fuck this generation.

Apath

kuroshiki said:
According to Kojima, ZOE has large following inside his team too, so people make random posters for ZOE. Apparently 3DS one was one of them.
So they make random mockup "What if?" scenarios for ZOE and then release them to the public without any explanation? Bastards.

kuroshiki said:
I don't get this.

It's negative because we, as the consumer, want to consume. Our meal of choice is currently Zone of the Enders. Going from "it will probably be announced soon!" to "could be announced in 3-5 years!" sucks.

Nobody is really mad (I don't think at least?) -- just a lot of disappointment.

yurinka said:
-ZOE 3DS tease -> ZOE HD collection coming to PS Vita
Ehhhhhhh, we kind of already knew the HD collection was coming to Vita before the ZOE 3DS tease. It wasn't 100% confirmed, but it was damn near to it.

jackdoe

ninj4junpei said:
So the HD edition is a test. I fucking hate tests. Fuck this generation.
Haha. ZOE 2 didn't sell nearly well enough for a sequel to be greenlit without a "test".

Kenak said:
So they make random mockup "What if?" scenarios for ZOE and then release them to the public without any explanation? Bastards.
The Anubis: 2 logo was a cancelled project, so ZOE: 3DS may well have been a cancelled project as well.

Kenak said:

Yeah, next tweetpics posters : ZOE 3 on MSX, Snatcher 2 on mobage/green :|

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
kuroshiki said:
I don't get this.

The same shit as Capcom, EA, and others pull. Show interest and buy these products and you'll get more! Basically be our little viral advertisers. It is just business, but its also clear there is no market for any large budget ZOE3. At best, we may get a handheld version years away, but nothing grand scale again. He's just pandering to the audience to keep them influenced. They don't have the development resources(Admitted in the other thread) and Konami hasn't been the definition of a well run company this gen.

Top Bottom