• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

N++ |OT| Time is money

Novocaine

Having a great time with this. I haven't played N since the original flash game on PC.

Very well polished and complete, also has my favorite soundtrack of the year so far.

Wish there was online co-op. There's nobody that I can do the co-op levels with :(

I guess I can try but it's not thinking of game a random friend can just pick up and play. Takes lots of practice

Dang, Oceanographer is one nice color palette.

It is nice. I also like supernavy, orbit, galactic, and Bordeaux

Mikey Jr.

Wish there was online co-op. There's nobody that I can do the co-op levels with :(

I guess I can try but it's not thinking of game a random friend can just pick up and play. Takes lots of practice

It is nice. I also like supernavy, orbit, galactic, and Bordeaux

You can probably share play with someone here.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
In the Profile section, what does Total Score compile?

Total Score: 1336
Solo Score: 735
Co-op Score: 0
Race Score: 180

Is something else being added in?

This might be a bug, we'll look into it! (I think they should add up)
I did a quick check, my Total Score went up by 1 after grabbing fulfilling All Gold on a previously cleared level, so maybe the difference is points for All Golds after all.

Edit: Holy fuck, S-E-05-04 (tenfold crossing) was brutal. Insanity.

*Splinter

I did a quick check, my Total Score went up by 1 after grabbing fulfilling All Gold on a previously cleared level, so maybe the difference is points for All Golds after all.

Edit: Holy fuck, S-E-05-04 (tenfold crossing) was brutal. Insanity.
I liked that one, it's the first time I was forced to plan every movement to deal with those clones properly, rather than just avoiding them on the fly.

I also liked the first level in that episode. I wasn't really sold on push blocks before but going for all gold there was a really interesting little puzzle.

That is probably the hardest episode I've seen yet, especially for getting all the gold.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Fuuuuuuuuck, save file corrupt. :(

EDIT: And the only thing that has been uploaded is the "Attract mode data", whatever that is. Not the actual save. Man, screw Sony and their lousy tiny cloud storage.

epmode

Man, screw Sony and their lousy tiny cloud storage.

Right? It's awful. I also noticed that N++ wouldn't upload my save so I checked and found a 350 MB save file from my PS+ version of Driveclub. Christ.

N++ uses a ton of space as well. More than I'd expect.

Sony's to blame in any case. The space limit is ridiculous.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Right? It's awful. I also noticed that N++ wouldn't upload my save so I checked and found a 350 MB save file from my PS+ version of Driveclub. Christ.

N++ uses a ton of space as well. More than I'd expect.

Sony's to blame in any case. The space limit is ridiculous.

And you can't even see how much space you have left, can you? Have to add everything together yourself, except of course you only see your PS4 saves on PS4, so whatever space any PS3 saves are taking up is anyone's guess.

epmode

And you can't even see how much space you have left, can you?

Right. I just went through and deleted every save from PS+ games I don't play.

I didn't even realize that PS3, PS4 and Vita cloud saves all share the same gigabyte. Should be 1GB per game at least. Preferably infinite.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

I didn't even realize that PS3, PS4 and Vita cloud saves all share the same gigabyte. Should be 1GB per game at least. Preferably infinite.

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure you actually get 1GB per platform. But it's still super annoying that you can't easily tell how much you have left. And the error message when a save upload fails is just garbage. Tell me what the problem is instead!

baconcow

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure you actually get 1GB per platform. But it's still super annoying that you can't easily tell how much you have left. And the error message when a save upload fails is just garbage. Tell me what the problem is instead!

Sorry to hear. I had to delete my DRIVECLUB save, after mine first corrupted. DRIVECLUB, Minecraft, NHL 15, and n++ take up a combined ~800MB. That's 4 games and 80% of my PS4 space!

I still have not got back to where I was in progress, despite playing for hours yesterday. I've seen others, outside NeoGAF, mentioning the save corruption.

*Splinter

I just unlocked the 720 time bar, but now my game crashes every time I scroll to the time bar size in options (well only twice, don't want to risk it again while the save bug exists).

Not sure if relavent, but:
Was playing with the 630 bar, finished an episode with ~780 score, which I think should unlock 720 and 810 (if it exists?), but only unlocked the 720 (which I can't select).

Can anyone tell me how to get the Gold on Triangle To Retry? I've watched the #1 replay on the leaderboard and I feel like I'm doing exactly what they're doing, but I keep triggering the walls every time I jump into the area.

*Splinter

Can anyone tell me how to get the Gold on Triangle To Retry? I've watched the #1 replay on the leaderboard and I feel like I'm doing exactly what they're doing, but I keep triggering the walls every time I jump into the area.
The trapdoor button is under the gold, but the gold is a tiny bit bigger than the button, so you can grab the gold if you just get the very edge of it.

It isn't easy, but this also works with gold on top of switches, mines and toggle mines

SerTapTap

It's 1GB per platform. It's just noticable on PS4 because it's the only one with completely insane safe file sizes

Steroyd

Yeah, the save limit was atrocious on PS3, and it's being exacerbated with PS4 save files, never knew Apotheon took up 350MB of space, jaysus fuck.

It's 1GB per platform. It's just noticable on PS4 because it's the only one with completely insane safe file sizes

It's that and there's no indication of how much space you have left till you're greeted with a big fat FAILED TO UPLOAD, doesn't help that N++ is the worst kind of game to get a corrupt save.

ike_

Doesn't help that N++ is the worst kind of game to get a corrupt save.

Yeah, sadly I've had to shelve the game so I don't lose my pithy 4-5 hours of progress.

On the bright side, as someone who hasn't really fallen in love with any 2D platformers probably since SMW, this game is drawing me in hard.

SerTapTap

If you have a USB drive you can just copy the save over (though it takes a couple minutes because due to replays the save is giant). I've been copying it over every once in a while just to be paranoid. I do hope Sony fixes the PS4 save size/storage issues but I don't have any hope it'll happen soon.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
If you have a USB drive you can just copy the save over (though it takes a couple minutes because due to replays the save is giant). I've been copying it over every once in a while just to be paranoid. I do hope Sony fixes the PS4 save size/storage issues but I don't have any hope it'll happen soon.

I should probably be doing this.

XaosWolf

Me and my brother have both noticed that rockets sometimes just stop tracking us and head directly diagonally towards the floor. (Usually down-right) It happens in single player too.

Is this a bug?

Yeah, sadly I've had to shelve the game so I don't lose my pithy 4-5 hours of progress.

On the bright side, as someone who hasn't really fallen in love with any 2D platformers probably since SMW, this game is drawing me in hard.

You don't need to shelve the game. I just backup a copy onto a USB. Plus it's not guaranteed that you'll lose your save

ike_

You don't need to shelve the game. I just backup a copy onto a USB. Plus it's not guaranteed that you'll lose your save

Yeah, that is probably the smart way to do it. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. I wish I knew if it was a per-save bug or some kind of a suspend/resume bug. Either way I am more than willing to wait for now.

Pjalj

I just did this level. cannot imagine getting all the gold.

got most of it though! getting back was such a rush but I made it on the first try once I successfully escaped the temple of doom

DirtyLarry

Got past the intro levels last night and am finally tackling the N++ levels.
Damn. Just Damn.
Whole different game now.
Nothing has stumped me just yet, but plenty levels have already given me some issues.
I eventually hit a brick wall in N+ and never pushed past it.
I know the same thing will happen in this game, and that is fine. I already feel as if I have gotten my moneys worth.
Such a well made game.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Just beat B-19 on the N++ tab... feel like I'm just about reaching my skill ceiling.

I tapped out around 25-26 in N+, maybe I'll go back and see what I was stuck on

XaosWolf

Just finished getting all Gold on N++ top row.

FUCK "Away in a Mangler" and every other lets-just-hang-loads-of-gold-in-the-sky-haha-you-can't-reach-it level. They are the AntiFun and a real sour point for me right now.

BashNasty

Just finished getting all Gold on N++ top row.

FUCK "Away in a Mangler" and every other lets-just-hang-loads-of-gold-in-the-sky-haha-you-can't-reach-it level. They are the AntiFun and a real sour point for me right now.

You shouldn't be obsessing about the gold, particularly on your first play though.

XaosWolf

I enjoy acing levels as I go, it is literally just the ones with floating gold grids that I groan at.

And not collecting the gold on these levels make it just a case of hopping through the gold, hitting a switch, then hopping back to the exit. Which is pretty lame compared to levels with gold "vaults" guarded by nasty stuff.

The rest of the levels are fantastic and I have no issue with. Maybe I just sucked at that level? =P

gocubs

This game is so freaking good and so badly want to buy the sound track but doesn't sound like that will be happening.

Matll

I enjoy acing levels as I go, it is literally just the ones with floating gold grids that I groan at.

And not collecting the gold on these levels make it just a case of hopping through the gold, hitting a switch, then hopping back to the exit. Which is pretty lame compared to levels with gold "vaults" guarded by nasty stuff.

The rest of the levels are fantastic and I have no issue with. Maybe I just sucked at that level? =P

You are absolutely right. I've currently gotten all the gold in about 500 out of 600 levels and the floating gold grids are definitely a pain. It took me quite a while to get all the gold in "away in a mangler". There are a lot of levels (even in the expert difficulty row) that basically have no point in them if you don't try to get the gold.

There's a secret trophy called
Achieve Enlightenment "Explore the Options menu". What do you guys have in the options menu? I'm still missing 3 options:
Timebar Size
???
Mysteriousness
Is it Art?
Gamification
Trigger Finger
???
???

Not a fan of those levels either. Comparatively speaking, they're not nearly as satisfying of a challenge to beat next to the more 'confined' levels.

For now I'm just ignoring the gold on those and book it straight to the exit. Plenty of other levels to wade through, thankfully.

XaosWolf

Fallen Angel Industrial Park is also pretty janky. And another non-level without the All Gold challenge.

Small angled platforms just make any sort of momentum building completely random due to the invisible curves on the edges of each platform. So you push off those and pray you go in the right direction with the right momentum gain.

Cannot consistently reach either corner without having rockets trailing right behind me to trap me in.

And to top all that off, thus level is bringing to light how random the Railgun seems to be. They are predictable when nearby, with their chasing reticule, but at a distance it all but goes off randomly regardless of the reticules location. =

On a POSITIVE note: The Legend of the Gold on That One Level, Pot of Gold, The Algorthm and Hella Quids are all fantastic, and exactly what I'm looking for in the gold levels. =D

cyba89

I'm at D-14 and this game is getting tough now. Had 50+ faults the past couple of episodes.
Got rank 07 in D-13, so that's cool.

I think it's fair to say that with 2,360 levels, everyone is going to have a whole bunch they don't like. But also that with 2.360 levels, there is going to be something for absolutely everyone.

I've finished the intro with all gold and the top three rows of N++ now, into the D-levels!

Lebneney

Banned
I think it's fair to say that with 2,360 levels, everyone is going to have a whole bunch they don't like. But also that with 2.360 levels, there is going to be something for absolutely everyone.

I've finished the intro with all gold and the top three rows of N++ now, into the D-levels!

I agree! I absolutely love Intro A-00-01. The others are growing on me though! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

XaosWolf

My complaints are only because I come straight off the game with frustration riding high.

Just dem levels tho. D=

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
You are absolutely right. I've currently gotten all the gold in about 500 out of 600 levels and the floating gold grids are definitely a pain. It took me quite a while to get all the gold in "away in a mangler". There are a lot of levels (even in the expert difficulty row) that basically have no point in them if you don't try to get the gold.

There's a secret trophy called
Achieve Enlightenment "Explore the Options menu". What do you guys have in the options menu? I'm still missing 3 options:
Timebar Size
???
Mysteriousness
Is it Art?
Gamification
Trigger Finger
???
???
My listing is:
Timebar Size
???
???
Is it Art?
???
???
In Plain Sight
???

I may or may not have gotten that one you don't have by beating all the regular N++ race episodes. I'm not real sure.

Lebneney

Banned
I wish there was a global leaderboard rather than a global ranking. To be honest I want to creep on those that get the high scores and learn their ways rather than hoping that someone posts a video on how to do a level.

Matll

I may or may not have gotten that one you don't have by beating all the regular N++ race episodes. I'm not real sure.

This leads me to believe that the last 3 missing options for me are unlocked by completing the races, co-op and legacy.

BahamutPT

My listing is:
Timebar Size
???
???
Is it Art?
???
???
In Plain Sight
???

I got

Timebar Size
???
Mysteriousness
Is it Art?
???
???
???
???

Still a few episodes away of
finishing the E row on Solo > N++

Top Bottom