• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

N++ |OT| Time is money

SerTapTap

Embargo is over: Game is FANTASTIC, a crazy amount of polish all over the place, controls feel spectacular (and I HATE inertia in platformers), the difficulty curve is exquisitely designed, nice and slow for beginners but getting 100% gold provides a challenge for the hardcore from the outset. Here's my video

Will gather the reviews posted and toss 'em up in the OT

Embargo is over: Game is FANTASTIC, a crazy amount of polish all over the place, controls feel spectacular (and I HATE inertia in platformers), the difficulty curve is exquisitely designed, nice and slow for beginners but getting 100% gold provides a challenge for the hardcore from the outset. Here's my video

Will gather the reviews posted and toss 'em up in the OT

Put the launch trailer in the OP too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFl3zU56-e0
It sold me on the game

SerTapTap

Thanks

Yeah and with a good heap of local co op trophies.

Not really. There's two, both requiring you beat a single column's worth of levels. The race ones can be completed solo, though the missile one requires two controllers (or a Vita and a controller)

Steveo

Banned
I seriously wouldn't of bought N++ if I had known there wasn't online coop like the first.

My fault though... still feel like I wasted some money.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Devs, you might want to look at how the highscore lists look when positions reach 1000+. You get overlapping text, doesn't look great. Also, on the "Friends Highscores" list your own score is always displayed last instead of the proper position. You can see both issues here:

npp_friends_scoresossk7.jpg

If you're not sure how to get gold, you can watch replays of people running through episodes or individual levels. Just find someone who's got it all!

Oh man, Solo Level E-00-02 is killing me. "kinetic joy"

There's this one piece of gold past the exit in a tiny passageway and I cannot get it without activating the exit first!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Hmm, how do you get all the gold on C-00-00? You get trapped when you try!

EDIT: Ok, watched a replay. Not that that makes much sense (?), but ok.

EDIT 2: Ok, now I get it.

SerTapTap

Oh my goodness, the soundtrack is hypnotic

And there's SO MUCH of it! I'm still finding tracks I haven't heard, I've got like 6 hours of gametime

Oh man, Solo Level E-00-02 is killing me. "kinetic joy"

There's this one piece of gold past the exit in a tiny passageway and I cannot get it without activating the exit first!

I don't know the exact room, but sometimes not activating the exit will make getting all gold easier. Or you just have to jump slightly over the exit, a few levels make you do that.

I don't know the exact room, but sometimes not activating the exit will make getting all gold easier. Or you just have to jump slightly over the exit, a few levels make you do that.

This is the level:

CLBZuVTWgAAd0td.jpg:large

The gold is by the exit behind a door, and the only way to open the door is to open the exit because there's a switch behind the exit switch.

But the mine and the exit are so close together that I've found it impossible so far to get it.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Yes. Reading the Help pages is helpful, they explain all these basic rules and concepts.

What help page. Don't see a digital manual with this game.

If you're not sure how to get gold, you can watch replays of people running through episodes or individual levels. Just find someone who's got it all!

I've found this helps in how they did it, not necessarily in how YOU can do it. I watched a guys replay and I was like "No idea how you did that."

I've found this helps in how they did it, not necessarily in how YOU can do it. I watched a guys replay and I was like "No idea how you did that."

You can turn on button presses in the options, which I think shows you when the person jumped and stuff.

There's a help page on the main menu.

Uploaded some gameplay from last night and my video got muted cause of copyright violation.

This game is awesome. My first experience with this franchise so I'm terrible at it but I can see how fun it can be once you get better at it

Btw how do you unlock different colors?

SerTapTap

Uploaded some gameplay from last night and my video got muted cause of copyright violation.

This game is awesome. My first experience with this franchise so I'm terrible at it but I can see how fun it can be once you get better at it

Btw how do you unlock different colors?

I think it's completing the 4th row of a column in Solo (that isn't Intro) but I'm not certain. I've unlocked like 5 colors but only one row 5 level so I know it's not that.

Ieu

I've been playing the intro levels and turned on auto colour switching yet the colour remains the same after I complete an episode.

Am I missing something?

VanEpoch

Neo Member
I think it's completing the 4th row of a column in Solo (that isn't Intro) but I'm not certain. I've unlocked like 5 colors but only one row 5 level so I know it's not that.

I just unlocked a color for completing the 5th in the first column (E-00), pretty sure I got something for the next one over as well.

LAA

Please...help... How the hell can you get all the gold in literally the 3rd level of the game? (Solo intro A-00 Level 2)

There has to be a trick I'm missing. Just not getting the top middle gold, can't jump far enough from either wall.

Please...help... How the hell can you get all the gold in literally the 3rd level of the game? (Solo intro A-00 Level 2)

There has to be a trick I'm missing. Just not getting the top middle gold, can't jump far enough from either wall.

Watch the replays of the top guys on the leaderboard. It's ramps and momentum!

Co-op mode is so incredibly fun, and I am a bit overwhelmed by how many levels there are. And that's not including player-made options.

Played couch co-op with my buddy last night for several hours. I do love how a lot of the co-op levels are asymmetrical and therefore require genuine co-op and not just one player carrying the other.

I also like how any player can press Triangle to kill themselves and then press it again to kill the others.

So troll.

"Screw you I died too early. Let's start over."
"But I'm just about to--"
BAM!

Brannon

Refusing to accept your limitations?

You could continue through the intros and gain the skills and knowledge or look at this spoiler and ruin the joy of discovery.

Jump at the slope then immediately jump off the slope for a speed/height boost

You need to learn to master using your momentum so that you don't die when you land. Also use the ramps for higher jumps

Thanks. I will try that
Maybe it's simply every 5 episodes instead of a complete column? I couldn't really figure it out

I just unlocked a color for completing the 5th in the first column (E-00), pretty sure I got something for the next one over as well.

So its the chapters in the fifth row? Or just completing columns?

Guess I'll just try to complete as many solo chapters as I can and see what happens. Was gonna do that anyways

LAA

Watch the replays of the top guys on the leaderboard. It's ramps and momentum!

Refusing to accept your limitations?

You could continue through the intros and gain the skills and knowledge or look at this spoiler and ruin the joy of discovery.

Jump at the slope then immediately jump off the slope for a speed/height boost

Thanks dudes, just did it now. I was getting success for the left/right sides by running up the edge on the left/right and jumping really quickly, but couldnt figure out how to jump to the top middle ones. Thaks again!

SerTapTap

I also like how any player can press Triangle to kill themselves and then press it again to kill the others.

So troll.

"Screw you I died too early. Let's start over."
"But I'm just about to--"
BAM!
You can turn that feature off...though if you're playing 2 player most of the levels are impossible if one player dies too early.

CLEEK

Did all the intro levels last night, then spent about 20 minutes trying out various custom levels.

The game is great. I wasn't expecting it not to be, as I loved N+ to bits. The DS4 is a wonderful controller for this, but I did find it way more comfortable to swap the jump to Square instead of X. Shame the game itself doesn't have button config option, rather than having to use the PS4 accessibility options. I was also finding I was having more success when using the d-pad instead of the analog stick.

Only negative is that I wish you could retry the last level again from the episode menu. Too many times I completed a level without getting all the gold, so wanted to retry and get them all, but pressed X to continue rather than Triangle to retry.

SerTapTap

I still don't know how to toggle high score lists

Did all the intro levels last night, then spent about 20 minutes trying out various custom levels.

The game is great. I wasn't expecting it not to be, as I loved N+ to bits. The DS4 is a wonderful controller for this, but I did find it way more comfortable to swap the jump to Square instead of X. Shame the game itself doesn't have button config option, rather than having to use the PS4 accessibility options. I was also finding I was having more success when using the d-pad instead of the analog stick.

Only negative is that I wish you could retry the last level again from the episode menu. Too many times I completed a level without getting all the gold, so wanted to retry and get them all, but pressed X to continue rather than Triangle to retry.

Go into Level Select mode to retry individual levels It's triangle or something, listed on screen

Top Bottom