• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(NA) June PSN Flash Sale Incoming 6/24-6/27 - Telltale Games, Mad Max, more

TFTB is legit amazing. I just beat episode 5 today and I absolutely loved the story, writing, characters, and humor.

I liked it WAY more than Telltale's TWD games.

wispsmoke

Neo Member
Let's go Firewatch and The Witness.

I, too, have been waiting on better sales for both. Shoulda bought The Witness while it was 10% off and saved a couple bucks. That said, I bought it at full price recently and it was worth every damn dollar. If you've got the cash, I say you should just go for it.

Lots of GoT hate!

Maybe I was *too willing* to look past some things wrong with the game :)

(I think it's pretty much universal that Tales from the Borderlands >>>>> Game of Thrones, anyway.)

El Jaffe

I'm a huge GoT fan, and I stopped playing it at Ep. 3 and have felt no need of buy the other Episodes. The only Telltale series that I stopped halfway. Tales of the Borderlands on the other hand is about an IP I could really care less about and consider it to be one of my favorite Telltale series.

Bikram

Lots of GoT hate!

Maybe I was *too willing* to look past some things wrong with the game :)

(I think it's pretty much universal that Tales from the Borderlands >>>>> Game of Thrones, anyway.)

I enjoyed GoT as well. Like other Telltale games your choices didn't matter a lot but still had more variety than their other games.

Chucker

I was so mad that GoT wasn't that great.

My last name is Forrester, do you know how STOKED I was to see House Forrester was allies with the Starks.

Then garbage...

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Get Mad Max people!!!

Incredible game!!

Put Borther in Arms while after a convoy, pure gaming bliss!!
If they don't like Ubisoft style open world games, then they should stay far away from Mad Max. Feels like an absolute chore after a few hours, in my opinion.

simmias

Yeah, GoT was disappointing. The characters were uninspired and forgettable. I honestly liked the somewhat crappy role playing game from a few years back much more than the Telltale game.

Rymuth

Yeah, GoT was disappointing. The characters were uninspired and forgettable. I honestly liked the somewhat crappy role playing game from a few years back much more than the Telltale game.
Yeah, that GoT RPG wasn't that awful. I enjoyed it far more than TT's game and I found it did a better job at sticking closer to the tone of the books.

MiTYH

Added Michonne Walking Dead (full) to cart, coming up as $5.99 there. Sale prices coming in!

EDIT: Mad Max $15.99

bender

What time is it?
But one get the second 20% off, I believe it's best if you buy two cards of the same value.

There is a better deal on Ebay. $15 off of a $75.00 order. $80 in actuality (4 x $20.00)

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/746393296465862656

If they don't like Ubisoft style open world games, then they should stay far away from Mad Max. Feels like an absolute chore after a few hours, in my opinion.

That saves me some money.

tebunker

Banned
Mad Max - 60% 15.99 when added to cart.

Sales slowly going up I think, heads up guys.
I'm in. i can handle that. I had seen it mispriced at Gamestop the other week for about the same price but didn't want to spend the cash. I happen to have plenty of PSN credit though .

Shin-chan

Have you watched the show lately? Easily as good as seasons 1-3 if not better.
I stopped around season 4. I found the changes too frustrating and the quality dropped.

In truth the only one I've really liked is season 1 which is the most faithful to the book.

Now I'm just waiting for the books to release and trying to avoid spoilers as best I can. I really love the books.

Wario64's been tweeting out stuff, small list so far:

• Batman - Arkham Knight 11.99
  • Mad Max - 16.99
  • Tales from the Borderlands - 4.49
  • Lego Jurassic World - 15.99
  • The Walking Dead: Michonne - $5.99

I'd wait just a little longer to buy anything. It doesn't look like the PS-plus discounts are working quite yet; if they happen to work with the sale, it'll be worth just holding on for a little while longer.

Elven_Star

I'd wait just a little longer to buy anything. It doesn't look like the PS-plus discounts are working quite yet; if they happen to work with the sale, it'll be worth just holding on for a little while longer.

Usually there is no PS Plus discount for Flash Sales.

I stopped around season 4. I found the changes too frustrating and the quality dropped.

In truth the only one I've really liked is season 1 which is the most faithful to the book.

Now I'm just waiting for the books to release and trying to avoid spoilers as best I can. I really love the books.
Season 4 had the sand snakes right? Yeah things have improved plenty since then and I'd actually say last season and the current season are probably my favourites, they're not without flaws (aside from the battle of bastards, which is probably the best thing ever produced for TV, seriously) but the story is actually going somewhere. Though if you don't enjoy the more supernatural themes it's probably not for you. There are still political power plays, manipulation and interesting things going on if that's more your thing too. But I'd say give the rest of the show a chance, there's a season and a half worth of episodes coming after the current season and it might be a decade or more before the books finish so you might aswel try.

I think TFtB is a bad game with horrid writing and terrible humor, but different strokes, I guess. I paid five bucks for it, and I regret it.

GoT stinks, too. Really, when it comes to Telltale, I endorse TWAU and TWD Season One wholeheartedly and am somewhat supportive of Tales From Monkey Island, but that's about it. They're more miss than hit, I think.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I think TFtB is a bad game with horrid writing and terrible humor, but different strokes, I guess. I paid five bucks for it, and I regret it.

That's a shame. I couldn't disagree more - it's easily among my top 3 games from last year.

Top Bottom