• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PS Store 99¢ Flash Sale (Braid, PvZ, SSHD, Tokyo Jungle, Back to the Future, more)

Jomjom

Banned
Is anyone else not able to purchase Crash 3 from the web store? It shows up as $5.99, even though its listed under the Flash Sale. When I try to purchase, it tells me I can't.

Got all the other Crash games, all the Spyro games, JP, Sam & Max, Tokyo Jungle

nbthedude

So if all I own is a Vita none of this really applies to me huh

Dammit Sony :(

Welcom to the club.

On the plus side, I already have Persona 4G and Dragon's Crown to keep me busy.

Also frankly I think PS+ on Vita is the best value of all of the systems. Can't beat free Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Wipeout, etc. I still have yet to finish all those either.

kmg90

So I've played about 20-30 minutes of sam and max game once (one of the episodic series) and never was apart of the 90's PC adventure game boom to have ever played a monkey island game...

Would I be totally lost or confused if I were to get the Monkey Island bundle or the sam and max Devil's Playhouse and jump into those games without have much/any knowledge of the series?

randomkid

Aww man, Echocrome 2 is apparently Move only.

It's very irritating that I can't buy Retro City Rampage permanently as long as I'm subscribed to Plus.

Drago

Holy crap these are amazing deals. All the Crash and Spyro games will be mine and I probably won't stop there :p

Eusis

Damn, if I knew Gex would be on sale THIS SOON I'd have skipped it. Though given the other games they could've at least put the other two games on sale.

May dive in for Crash and Spyro, maybe a few others I don't already have.

Slaylock

Pretty great deal.
Code:
Braid (Full Game)                                   $0.99
TOKYO JUNGLE™ (Full Game)                           $0.99
"Sam & Max" The Devil's Playhouse (Episodes 1-5)    $0.99
Tales of Monkey Island™ Bundle	                    $0.99
---------------------------------------------------------
Total:                                              $3.96

Kinyou

I want Tokyo Jungle, but when I buy it I wont have enough left for Persona 4 :/

Here's hoping that PSN EU will pull something similar.

btw. I can recommend Sam & Max and Tales of Monkey Island. Both really great adventure games

edit: oh just saw that amazon is selling $10 cards. Hmmm...

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Is Crash still showing up as $6 for anyone else? I'm just waiting for it to go down to buy everything...

bender

What time is it?
I'll probably get CTR, Crash 1-3 and Spyro 1-3. I've never played any of these and it's hard to pass up for a buck. Wish Tokyo Jungle DLC was on sale.

olimpia84

Of course this sale happens right after I purchased Best of PSN Vol 1 which includes Tokyo Jungle and Vikings Attack. Oh well, might buy all Crash games then.

Going to buy some of those PS1 games for sure (even though they don't work on Vita). I don't care about the other games on that list since I already own half of them or more on various devices and the other half I don't care about.

RE_Player

I bought all the titles I didn't already have:
- Braid
- Retro/Grade
- Everyday Shooter (PS3)
- Jurassic Park
- World Gone Sour

I got Crash 1, Super Stardust, Braid, and Back to the Future (already have Tokyo Jungle) .

This kind of sale gets me excited, think about all the PS1/PS2/PSP games they could put on sale like this. They just need to get Square Enix on board. Imagine FFIX/Xenogears/Vagrant Story for 99 cents.

Grabbed Braid, Super Stardust, and Tokyo Jungle. Might grab Monkey Island this weekend.

Would have loved for all these games to be on Vita or PS4 instead but I haven't exactly retired the PS3 yet so it's cool.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Whats the haps with Retro/Grade? Worth .99?

Played it on PC, it's pretty neat. Probably even better if you have an old Guitar Hero/Rock Band guitar, as the game works with those as well. It's basically a reverse side-scrolling shooter with a rhythm bent--instead of shooting enemies as they pop up from the other side of the screen, you're trying to "catch" bullets you've already fired because the flow of time has been reversed.

It's not a lengthy game but for a buck I'd definitely recommend it. There are nine campaign levels plus a bunch of challenges that occur in the same levels.

P.S. Sounds like I'll just get Stuntman Ignition anyways, but seriously, no GAF opinion on this one at all?

Roubjon

I've always wanted to try out the new Sam & Max. And I haven't bought any of the Spyros yet, and Retro City Rampage is definitely worth a dollar.

What a great sale yo.

mstevens

Am I crazy for buying all the Crash Bandicoots, Spyros and Gex (and Braid) even though I don't have a device that can play them (PS3 or PSP)?

I'm doing it anyway.

Drago

Does it matter if I get the Vita or PS3 versions of RCR or When Vikings Attack for cross buy to work? Sometimes cross buy only works one way so if getting the Vita version means not getting the PS3 I'd like to know

Top Bottom