• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN Holiday Sale Week 3 (Hotline Miami, Metro Redux, Child of Light, Duck Dynasty)

Does the PS4 versions of the Metro games both run good and have no framerate issues?

Perfect 60FPS

Eurogamer said:
So the question is to what extent the game fails to hit its budget. On PlayStation 4 running Last Light, we see a solid 60fps from start to finish (screen-tear is only evident on FMV cinematics, curiously enough). Across 26,000 sample frames, each is entirely unique

Is Terraria PS4 better/different from Terraria PS3?

Yes

The first thing to talk about is the scale of the PS4 version, which is almost triple the size of the original PS3 game. A truly huge amount of content and features have been added, with well over 1,000 new items including 10 new ores, 4 new wood types, 31 new brick types, 12 new wing types, 29 new tinker combinations, 50 new paintings, 8 new friendly NPCs, 15 new pets, over 100 new enemies, 4 new bosses … the list goes on, and on!

I notice Terraria PS4 is listed as well as the Bundle, I can't see this on the store at the moment, you can only purchase the bundle. Will this become a separate purchase when the store updates?

Hmm, wonder if this means Pier Solar will be around the same price during the steam sale as well. I think I'd rather just get it on PC

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I guess I will buy Child of Light on PS Vita.

As someone who has yet to play Don't Starve (Got it free on PS4 from PS+ thou) is Giant Edition worth the purchase?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Question for anyone that's played Metro Redux, how improved is the stealth, if at all, in Metro 2033?
As someone who just recently Platinum the game Stealth felt fine although you may want to play in Spartan Mode.

Links_fantasy

Nothing for me this week, one final sale next week. Still hoping for DanganRonpa 2 and Tales of Xillia 2/ Hearts R, not looking likely until next year now though.

Choomp

Banned
Hotline Miami must be snagged if you haven't already. Maybe I'll grab Pier Solar, like this sale quite some.

Flandy

I guess I will buy Child of Light on PS Vita.

As someone who has yet to play Don't Starve (Got it free on PS4 from PS+ thou) is Giant Edition worth the purchase?

Vita version of Don't Starve is free if you got the PS+ version. Just find it on the store and it should be marked as free

lfc11

Neo Member
Nice probably getting Hotline Miami and Terraria. Too bad Child of Light isn't cross buy or I'll definitely be getting it.

Xion_Stellar

Vita version of Don't Starve is free if you got the PS+ version. Just find it on the store and it should be marked as free
OK I will give the game a try once I get home from work but let's theoretically say I enjoy the game is Giant Edition worth it? If it is can I upgrade from Normal Edition to Giant Edition for a discount? Or would I be forced to buy the Giant Edition seperately?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I was waiting on a Child of Light Vita deal but now I'm not sure if I really want it. :/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyone wanna vouch for Gundam Reborn? I enjoyed One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 & Hyrule Warriors, and while I haven't seen a ton of Gundam, I do enjoy giant robots.

anddo0

Terraria is tempting, but what upgrades does it have over the Vita/PS3 version?

CounterSpy finally on sale, may bite.

Does Child of Light on Vita have it's own trophy list?

Flandy

OK I will give the game a try once I get home from work but let's theoretically say I enjoy the game is Giant Edition worth it? If it is can I upgrade from Normal Edition to Giant Edition for a discount? Or would I be forced to buy the Giant Edition seperately?

Vita version is the Giant Edition. Devs were nice and included the DLC with it at no extra charge. You'll need to pay extra though if you want the DLC for PS4.

The games I can recommend from that list:

Metro: Redux- 2033 feels extremely old school in gameplay and story-design, but it's a solid game. So many NPC's have the same voice and the same faces, the children in general are hilarious because it sounds like a deep voice man doing his best impression of a stereotypical russian accent and we're supposed to believe these are kids. Last Light, being decently modern, makes the over-all gameplay seem tighter. For the price they're offering it's definitely worth it.

Hotline Miami- I'm a strong believer that the game is something everybody should own, if not for the soundtrack alone. The gameplay is fun as all hell, it has quick restarts (As you'll be dying a lot) and it isn't that long so the $3 or so they're asking for it is a fantastic deal. You could beat it in a solid evening of gameplay.

If you don't like extreme violence/blood then maybe the game isn't for you, but it being a top down arcade game it doesn't have the same impact as say more gruesome 3d games. The killing happens in a hyper stylized fashion and the kick ass music is pumping really loudly as everything is going making you ignore it for the most part, but there are sections where you see your handiwork and it's fucking brutal to see all the dead bodies.

holy shit,nvm

eIVi4rD.png

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ndle/cid=UP0001-NPUB50236_00-B000000000001184

DLsahcL.png

Buy Terarria. Only $4.50 on PS4. A very under rated game. Very good game.

How is this underrated? It's sold like millions.

I thought it was rubbish on consoles, for what it's worth. Controller is just horrible to play with. They did their best, but it's so hard to enjoy this without a mouse. Does the PS4 version allow this as a control option?

Is NFS Rivals worth it?
I adore Most Wanted. I think I have over 50 hours across Vita and PS3. But I'm not interested in online play, I just want good races, good customisation and an interesting city.

Sabas

Banned
Got my $15 credit from that last promotion and uh...nothing I really want. Hope the last week has some better deals. :(

Xion_Stellar

Vita version is the Giant Edition. Devs were nice and included the DLC with it at no extra charge. You'll need to pay extra though if you want the DLC for PS4.
Well that's nice of them thanks for the information I guess I'm just getting Child of Light on PS Vita than.

Not everyone likes hyper-violent games, so I don't think not owning it or wanting to play it means there's "something wrong with you".

Hotline Miami is a must buy.

Theres nothing for me tho.
Its a fine list, but my standards are higher for which games I give my time to.

Top Bottom