• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN Holiday Sale Week 3 (Hotline Miami, Metro Redux, Child of Light, Duck Dynasty)

Bs. The stealth and atmosphere alone make metro better then wolfenstein. Metro is more a survival and stealth for. Gunplay was fine.

The stealth is broken as hell, and the atmosphere is broken, especially on the railcarts when you can magically turn your head 360 degree. A huge letdown.

Better than Wolfenstein? lol please.

Should have grabbed Conception when I had the chance... I was still holding out hope that we'd get a JRPG sale akin to those that Europe seems to get fairly often for Vita... Oh well, maybe during the final week... unless they do a lame "everything that was on sale is on sale again!" type thing.

The stealth is broken as hell, and the atmosphere is broken, especially on the railcarts when you can magically turn your head 360 degree. A huge letdown.

Better than Wolfenstein? lol please.

Baha aha haha , yes it is by miles, how us the stealth broken? Please that hyperbole. It has great stealth.

Cudder

Completely disagree. What made Wolfenstein awesome was the absolutely fantastic gunplay. Metro has terrible, terrible gunplay. They all sound like peashooters and there's no sense of impact at all.

I'd suggest anyone considering it to watch some videos first.

Wolfenstein might have more fluid controls, but that's not something that people will pick up watching videos of Metro. I didn't have any problems with the Metro games. I was simply stating that if someone is interested in slow paced, atmospheric story driven FPS games, they'd do well to pick them up.

Baha aha haha , yes it is by miles

Nice constructive argument smh. Moving on.

Wolfenstein might have more fluid controls, but that's not something that people will pick up watching videos of Metro. I didn't have any problems with the Metro games. I was simply stating that if someone is interested in slow paced, atmospheric story driven FPS games, they'd do well to pick them up.

I never said don't buy it, just to do research first. I watched the trailer before I bought it and it looked great. However on playing it it just lacked any kind of punch. For an FPS the shooting really is lackluster. I liked walking around the populated areas and seeing people chat to each other, but I never looked forward to the next shooting part. Apparently a lot of people complained about it but stated the sequel fixed a lot of the issues.

impact

Banned
Last week Metro Redux bundle was on sale for $16.99 on Steam

Today Metro 2033 Redux is $15 on PSN

Come the fuck on. These aren't sales Sony.

Huh. Why is CoD still showing as full price? I'm tempted to get it, seeing that this sale, combined with my free $15 of PSN money, would get me the game for 50% off.

I never said don't buy it, just to do research first. I watched the trailer before I bought it and it looked great. However on playing it it just lacked any kind of punch. For an FPS the shooting really is lackluster. I liked walking around the populated areas and seeing people chat to each other, but I never looked forward to the next shooting part. Apparently a lot of people complained about it but stated the sequel fixed a lot of the issues.

Hilarious how you ignore the post I responded too. I responded how his response deserved to be responded too.

Must of the game can be beaten without shooting.... And the gunplay is fine.

Ventara

Might pick up Child of Light and Gravity Crash Ultra. Maybe Counterspy, too, but that game screams PS+ to me.

Should have grabbed Conception when I had the chance... I was still holding out hope that we'd get a JRPG sale akin to those that Europe seems to get fairly often for Vita... Oh well, maybe during the final week... unless they do a lame "everything that was on sale is on sale again!" type thing.

Dude, no. DON'T pick up Conception. Probably the most boring game I have for my Vita. I totally regret buying it.

I think this is thread-worthy.

The news-article on the PS Blog does not contain a link to the online store.
If you click on the giant banner image, it takes you to a broken link on Flickr.

Absolutely fucking disgraceful.

Edit: Meanwhile the Rockstar sale banner on the web store is a broken link as well.

cakely

How does Hotline Miami play on a controller? Would it be better to wait for a Steam sale and get it on PC?

I've played both and I thought PS4 version was a little more intuitive. It makes good use of the touchpad for looking around the map.

Einbroch

Banned
I think this is thread-worthy.

The news-article on the PS Blog does not contain a link to the online store.
If you click on the giant banner image, it takes you to a broken link on Flickr.

Absolutely fucking disgraceful.

Edit: Meanwhile the Rockstar sale banner on the web store is a broken link as well.

A broken link deserves a new thread?

SerTapTap

Yes, Hotline Miami, Counterspy and Flower are all cross buy.

I love Flower (100%ed it) but I honestly didn't enjoy it that much on Vita. The controls seemed to work far better on a dualshock 4. And the game is even more gorgeous on a TV

Flower is highly recommended, but yeah the gyro controls aren't really meant for a Vita. Strongly recommend on PS4, but it's still worth a play if you can only do PS Vita or PS3.

marc9600

Neo Member
Last week Metro Redux bundle was on sale for $16.99 on Steam

Today Metro 2033 Redux is $15 on PSN

Come the fuck on. These aren't sales Sony.

Yep, I can get the bundle for $30 at my local store, which is the same price as the two games on PSN and significantly more than Steam. Seems that as long as the console makers have to keep their retail partners onside, digital prices on the consoles will not be competitive (at least in my mind). On a related note, I don't own an Xbox One, but looking at some of Microsoft's recent online sales, I am beginning to wonder if I made the right choice.

Top Bottom