• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN PAX Sale ( it's better the flash sale )

Eridani

Anyone played Blood Bowl 2? Just saw that was part of the sale ...

I played it on the PC, so I can't specifically speak for the PS4 version, but it's a great digital version of Blood Bowl. And since Blood Bowl is a really good board game, this means that the video game version is really good too. There's some pretty big negatives though:

- The single player modes are ok, but the AI is pretty bad, which makes them pretty boring. If you're not going to play online, you probably won't get all that much from the game.
- A lot of the teams are DLC, and they are all quite expensive. The Legendary Edition is coming out pretty soon and should include all of them, so it might end up being a better deal if you want all the teams, since the DLC is not discounted.
- I don't know how populated the online in the PS4 version is.
- It's a pretty complicated game, and the tutorial is basically non-existent, which means you'll have to look at external guides if you want to get any good at it. Luckily, there's a ton of them out there.

If the idea of a 1v1 TBS/tactical RPG/American football sounds appealing to you, I'd give it a try, just keep the above in mind.

Kugar77

It goes on sale like once a year. I got it last October for $7 or so. It's coming!

I think people get wrapped up too much with getting something while it's on sale. The old hunters retails for $19.99. All of the people complaining about missing the sale last year or waiting for it to go on sale again need to realize that $13 is nothing over the course of several months. It's one trip to mcdonalds, 2 trips to starbucks, etc. or taking it another way, people rave about bloodborne, they rave about the old hunters... surely paying $20 (or that extra $13 difference) for the dlc would be worth it, especially now with the base game being so cheap. idk maybe that's just my hot take for today.

Proc

Any of the final fantasy ports for PS3/vita worth grabbing?

I'm in for tactics ogre and parasite eve.

PrinceKee

I swear I’ve wanted Mad Max since release and never picked it up and it’s always in a sale on both the Xbox One and PS4 and I want to get it. But, my backlog is crazy and there’s so many new games I’ve bought and coming out...

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

FF Origins is arguably the definitive versions of FF1 and 2. Balance isn't nerfed like the PSP and GBA versions and the music is symphonic greatness.

FF5 and 6 are probably a pass. None of the cool new features of later versions(dated FMV aside), old and rough translations, and I think they had loading issues. Grab if these are your only option.

FF Origins is arguably the definitive versions of FF1 and 2. Balance isn't nerfed like the PSP and GBA versions and the music is symphonic greatness.

FF5 and 6 are probably a pass. None of the cool new features of later versions(dated FMV aside), old and rough translations, and I think they had loading issues. Grab if these are your only option.

FFVI is fine other than the loading times (especially versus the Steam or mobile version), but there's no way I can recommend FFV over the superior FFV Advance (+ music patch).

Storm Brewer

Neo Member

FINAL FANTASY® IV: The Complete Collection is probably the nicest looking version of FFIV, and has both a new soundtrack as well as the original soundtrack that you can toggle on the fly.

Only caveat is the game is easy as hell. I haven't played the DS/Steam/Mobile versions of FFIV which apparently are more challenging, but they have the weird chibi designs and opinions about the new gameplay are mixed, so there's no real definitive edition.

It also comes with FFIV the after years and a new interlude, but honestly I didn't bother with either of those.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
So I haven't seen the question posed elsewhere but how is dreamfall chapters?
It look like a cyberpunk adventure game skimmed a couple reviews but what say you gaf?

thinking xcom 2
but paranoid in thinking there might be a complete edition xcom2 + war of the chosen bundle later on and just wait for that sale
🤔

Top Bottom