• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN PAX Sale ( it's better the flash sale )

Does the PS1 version also have a shit localization? Or was that just FF5 on PS1?

VI is based on the SNES version so it should be the Ted Woolsey script. V's is borked though, yeah.

Honestly for V the GBA version is the way to go. VI has the original SNES version on Wii VC and the GBA port + some romhacks to fix the graphics and music. The PS1 versions of those two should really be the last resort if you can't play any of the others. All the other FF PS1 games are great though; Origins is IMO the definitive version of I and II.

I played a bit of Shadow of Mordor and was pretty bored, but never got to the nemesis system. I've heard enough people whose opinion I trust tell me it's worth playing though. Same goes for Trails in the Sky however, can't decide which to get.

Jb

Finally grabbed Thumper after months of being unsure if I'd find it frustrating or not.
Soooo glad I did. If you have any affinity for rhythm games you owe it to yourself to try it out. The controls are much more intuitive than videos had led me to believe.

I grabbed Darkest Dungeon.

This is me when playing the game

i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog-feat-1-620x400.jpg

Hwoar

Finally grabbed Thumper after months of being unsure if I'd find it frustrating or not.
Soooo glad I did. If you have any affinity for rhythm games you owe it to yourself to try it out. The controls are much more intuitive than videos had led me to believe.

Hmm you may have just convinced me.

Drakhyrr

I haven't started it up, but I have it on Vita. I imagine it's not too bad digitally with Disc Speed - Fast on. I might test it.

I don't recall the PS1 version of FF6 being great. Loadtimes being long and having a rough translation(SNES carryover?)

If the character sprites on the Steam version are unappealing, your best bet is probably finding a way to play the GBA port(lots of added content and a much improved translation).

Oh and FF7 on PS4 has undergone scrutiny for having a few bugs that Square supposedly never patched and ignored. Biggest being the music restarting after every encounter(meaning you hear the first 10 seconds of the environment tracks and never the rest of the song). May need correcting if this was fixed eventually, but many have argued that it is not the definitive version as hoped.

Unfortunately I think disc spees is not an option on PS3. Adding a bad translation to that, I might as well skip it and hope for another proper port. Maybe someday.

And now I'm also debating myself on whether I should get FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX on PS3. It seems neither Steam version got them right, so I might as well avoid all their problems and just go with the originals.

Squeenix does suck at making ports, it seems. Looks like only FFX/X-2 and Lightning Returns are alright.

LordOfChaos

I'm sure Gaf has represented plenty already, but Bloodborne was the best 20 dollars I've ever spent on gaming, it's DEFINITELY the best 7.50 you could spend. Do iiit.

Ogawa-san

I grabbed Darkest Dungeon.

This is me when playing the game
DD 101:
- Grind levels
- Lose most of those high level chars to RNG
- Become salt incarnated
- Repeat (at least until you realize that's the whole game)

Great game to watch other people playing, though. Schadenfreude and all.

jon_i634

Banned
Finally picked up Thumper! I don't have PSVR, but unique rhythm games like this are 100% my thing. The different time signatures between levels thing sounds incredible.

I love everything about darkest dungeon except difficulty. It pissed me off so much and there was so much bullshit I said fuck this. I had it on PC but won't bother on PS4 as it appears nothing has changed.

Man i can't decide, Bloodborne or Shadow of Mordor? are both RPGs?

I just finished Witcher 3 and I liked it a lot, help!

Shadows of Mordor if you want to beat a game with your eyes closed. Bloodborne if you want to be challenged.

Not saying Mordor sucks, it's just really goddamn boring. I found the Batman games to be a hell of a lot better, despite being just as simple.

Oh sure, but I'm sure he's just hamming it up for the video as well :p. Just a funny video to showcase the combat and how easy it really is. Dude closes his eyes and everything haha

But yeah Bloodborne is a masterpiece. Mordor is allright.

Easiest question ever - get fucking Bloodborne.

Shadows of Mordor if you want to beat a game with your eyes closed. Bloodborne if you want to be challenged.

Not saying Mordor sucks, it's just really goddamn boring. I found the Batman games to be a hell of a lot better, despite being just as simple.

I quite like Shadow of Mordor, but it isn't even a question here. Bloodborne is a masterpiece and must-play

Oh sure, but I'm sure he's just hamming it up for the video as well :p. Just a funny video to showcase the combat and how easy it really is. Dude closes his eyes and everything haha

I've seen some vids and Bloodborne looks dark af I'm gonna go with it, thanks GAF.

poodaddy

Completely agree. Bloodborne is probably one of the best works to ever be produced in the medium, Shadow of Mordor was a decent game that was hailed as a great game in a year devoid of heavy hitters. Anecdotally, even my 70 year old dad liked Bloodborne. He was totally into it when he was watching me lol.

Did XCOM 2 ever get fixed on PS4? Last I heard it performs horribly with long load times.

Nope, still not fixed. I just bought a Pro the other day, so I'm not sure if boost mode helps. But super long load times, though actual gameplay seems okay.

I hear War of the Chosen on PC is like a night and day difference, in terms of how well-optimized and quick it is. So hopefully that's the case for the console versions, as well.

I am a little frustrated at the total lack of info on the game's Pro benefits.

Grabbed 2064 and Valkyria Chronicles. This will be the 4th time I’ve bought Valkyria. Once on ps3, physical on ps4, and digital on steam. Never finished the game. Maybe this time?

Reposting just in case someone knows what's up?

I even checked on my Vita and it's $10.

fI1GX3H.png

Edit: This doesn't seem to match up. Blog says Ys: Oath in Felghana is $20 -> $8, but store says $15 -> $6.

Sega Genesis Collection is $40 -> $20 on the blog, but it's $10 -> $5 on the store. Who the hell sells PSP games for $40?

Late Flag

I finally decided to roll with XCOM 2. The expansion didn't sound like something I would prefer over the vanilla game, and I'm hoping I can just put up with the sub-optimal load times.

Of course, it's still the PSP version, except you're playing it on Vita.
What we mean is that the games work perfectly on the Vita, meaning they are 100% accurate to their original versions without any bugs or issues being introduced from playing them on the Vita.
Obviously any issues the originals had will still be present.

So it's "amazing *".
for certain values of "amazing"

Top Bottom