• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai X Tecmo Koei - New Musou Countdown [For PS3] (Rumor: One Piece Musou???)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pein

Banned
cw_sasuke said:
They fight against many marine fodders in OP....
Not to mention fodder ninja in naruto.

I hope its a one piece game though, leave CC2 to be the sole developer of naruto games for PS3/360.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pein said:
just too cruddy.
I could not disagree more. One of the few animes in the past 10 years that's actually unique and full of different characters that don't fit the typical cliches while still feeling like a homage to anime of the 80s and early 90s.

Pein

Banned
zoner said:
I could not disagree more. One of the few animes in the past 10 years that's actually unique and full of different characters that don't fit the typical cliches while still feeling like a homage to anime of the 80s and early 90s.
I just hate the character design. His fighting style is also lack luster, knife and fork are just don't do it for me. But I like the premise, so thats something.

Reknoc

Jonnyram said:
If it is a Musou game, how many of these anime options would really work?
The key ingredient of Musou is 1 (or few) versus many.
That formula probably wouldn't work that well for One Piece, Naruto, etc.

They fight lot's of fodder in One Piece (and Naruto) and a lot of the big fights are usually settled by a single special move (and Naruto). It worked well enough for Fist of the Northstar.

Thinking of it you could say the same about Gundam since most battles in that rarely push more than a squad of Mobile Suits.

Refi

Neo Member
Pink Steam = 2nd Gear Luffy

onepiecef8ah.png

Takao

Banned
yo dawg i heard you like kamen rider so destroy a billion cannon fodder enemies in a game that will never be localized

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Takao said:
yo dawg i heard you like kamen rider so destroy a billion cannon fodder enemies in a game that will never be localized
It's not like you need to understand English to play Dynasty Warriors.

Also, I am here to gloat.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Does it scroll the word "For Xbox 360"? If it's a Gundam Musou game, it will be weird to be for the PS3 only since all the Gundam Musous came to the X360.

The site also scrolls around the words:

Bond
Ambition
Dream
Endurance
Desire
Battle

Takao

Banned
ULTROS! said:
The site scrolls around the words:

Bond
Ambition
Dream
Endurance
Desire
Battle

COULD IT BE? DRAGON BALL MUSOU

They're not going to be announcing another Dragon Ball game until Zenkai Battle Royale's PS3 port.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
OP should ( and I repeat SHOULD ) be Nintendo exclusive... even if maybe it is because of Ganbarion, so titles done by other teams could be on other platforms, but Ganbarion is not owned by Nintendo and, however, Namco could have done titles on PS360 and PSP if they had the possibility with other teams such as with DB...boh!
Kamen Rider...?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Mpl90 said:
OP should ( and I repeat SHOULD ) be Nintendo exclusive... even if maybe it is because of Ganbarion, so titles done by other teams could be on other platforms, but Ganbarion is not owned by Nintendo and, however, Namco could have done titles on PS360 and PSP if they had the possibility with other teams such as with DB...boh!
Kamen Rider...?

?

Uh...

HXVLw.png

Reknoc

So doesn't this pretty much confirm it isn't One Piece or were people wrong about the Nintendo exclusivity thing?

Jonnyram said:
Seems like One Piece Musou is confirmed by someone on 2ch who got Jump early.

Playing with my heart.

Takao

Banned
Reknoc said:
So doesn't this pretty much confirm it isn't One Piece or were people wrong about the Nintendo exclusivity thing?

Well, both of Nintendo's successor platforms will have been released by the time this game will be.

I wonder if that now means we'll finally get a OP PSP game, since that's well overdue, lol.

Kaizer

Banned
If its One Piece, I just might die from excitement. One if my favorite game genres meeting my favorite anime? Hell.fucking.yes.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So...OP only on Nintendo platforms was probably a "limitation" due to good sales and Ganbarion.
Now that Wii is in its last period, while PS3 is really going upwards, Namco must have thought that it was the right time to bring Ruffy in HD.
However, WTF @ Namco's support for PS3, it's INSANE.

Reknoc

The best part is, if it is One Piece Musou, that there's a good chance it'll get a proper release in the west and not just mainland Europe.

Trevelyon

Chuck Norris said:
I wonder how this will even work. Are Musou games still connected by missions?

I think something like the battle of Marineford & Enies Lobby could be a large focus of this game, since it fits perfectly into the musou structure. But there's a whole mess of big open battles that they could create scenarios for.

So pumped to see screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom