• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Appreciation Thread: 15th Anniversary and Finale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frog-fu

Banned
The ending was legit terrible but that doesn't take away from how much I loved this manga. It's been part of my weekly routine for years. It's going to be an jarring experience next week onwards. Feeling a little hollow now. It was much, much worse in the days leading up and after the ending. I'm getting there.

I loved the ending I thought it was perfect.

Naruto saved Sasuke
Became acknowledged
Become Hokage

He achieved all his goals through passion, determination and never giving up. His kids even didn't got those disgusting veiny eyes, he got it all.

Ushay

The ending was legit terrible but that doesn't take away from how much I loved this manga. It's been part of my weekly routine for years. It's going to be an jarring experience next week onwards. Feeling a little hollow now. It was much, much worse in the days leading up and after the ending. I'm getting there.

It's going to be weird not reading Naruto weekly now :(

Lagamorph

Is it just me, or would Naruto have been a complete and utter pussy without the Nine Tails Chakra? He couldn't do a thing without having to borrow/steal chakra from the Nine Tails. Everyone else he was up against was fighting purely on their own steam, whilst Naruto had to exhaust himself and the Nine Tails to beat anyone.

Fj0823

Is it just me, or would Naruto have been a complete and utter pussy without the Nine Tails Chakra? He couldn't do a thing without having to borrow/steal chakra from the Nine Tails. Everyone else he was up against was fighting purely on their own steam, whilst Naruto had to exhaust himself and the Nine Tails to beat anyone.

Sage Mode and Rasenshuriken can one shot most of the support cast.

I don't agree mate. I think the genius of the Kyuubis power is how he used it with shadow clones. It was my impression that because he could train so much harder with many clones, all the clones had accelerated learning. combine that with his healing abilities and you got Naruto having a major advantage in accelerating learning in all of his jitsus.

After he goes berserk and almost kills Sakura in the battle with Orochimaru, there is a brilliant moment where Kakashi explains that he needs to stop relying on the Kyuubis power, and I feel there were many cases after that where he did not ask for the kyuubis power.
But its true that all of his skill and learning and jutsus were only possible. he would have been dead without the kyuubi keeping him alive.

Pein

Banned
Sage Mode and Rasenshuriken can one shot most of the support cast.

Yeah those things put him on a kage level, just check Naruto vs Kyuubi fight to see the things he could do with no kyuubi chakra. He also has access to all the frogs so he has 4 boss sized summons and Ma+Pa.

His Senpo Cho odama Rasengan is stronger than Jiraiya's which was a mountain buster attack.

Brickhunt

It does rub me wrong how a full realized Uchiha (up to Mangekyou Sharigan) could be all up to tailed beast power level. Susano'o, although not invincible, it's full of bullshit to take out. (And it still pisses me off how the Gokage lost to Madara, Oonoki could easily defeat it by himself just by touching it and increasing it's weight)

It feels wrong for a bloodline ability being essentially equal to tailed beasts.

Joni

He would probably have been a huge genius. He wouldn't be burdened with the Kyuubi. Just look at what he did during the Chuuning exam after Orochimaru sealed his power. He managed to use Kage Bunshin all night, managed to impersonate Kabuto, Sasuke and Sakura; and still beat Kiba afterwards. The Kyuubi was a huge power-up, but it was also a drain before it. And just look at Mito, Tsunade, Kushina, Karin. They all have super-duper special chakra. I believe they also explained once how Kurama was draining Naruto's chakra before they became friends.

VeeP

If his father and mother didn't get killed, and Naruto didn't have the Kyuubi in him he probably still would have been a beast.

He's a hard worker, a genius on the battlefield, has a crazy amount of natural chakra, etc. With a better childhood and work ethics he could've been one of the better students in the Ninja Academy.

abadguy

Banned
Kishi really botched the best villain in the series IMO. Gave him an uneventful death where he didn't fight all out in battle, got 1 paneled by Itachi....twice, came back than nothing. Orochimaru was such an epic character and I thought that he would be the final boss once they brought him back. I also wonder what happened to Kabuto? Is he in jail for war crimes?

Also Sauskes kid is catching feels for Bolt. I hope they show the wedding an birth of probably the most OP character lol

Shit the kid would have access to two kinds of eye hax and sage mode among other things. The Dr Manhattan of ninja.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Just read the last naruto chapter, powered through like what, 40 chapters? A chapter in my life has just basically closed, and all the endigns the full color page and the loves and the ships sailing while other ships are sinking and that
one piece reference at the end
and oh god
U2v0g.gif

It does rub me wrong how a full realized Uchiha (up to Mangekyou Sharigan) could be all up to tailed beast power level. Susano'o, although not invincible, it's full of bullshit to take out. (And it still pisses me off how the Gokage lost to Madara, Oonoki could easily defeat it by himself just by touching it and increasing it's weight)

It feels wrong for a bloodline ability being essentially equal to tailed beasts.

I agree, it's stupid how all that chakra pops out of their ass. Itachi for example, does not have a lot of Chakra, yet could summon a huge mass of chakra to envelope him and attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom