• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto: PS3 Project site opens [2 images]

KurowaSan

searched and didn't find anything so... lock if old

http://www.cc2.co.jp/narutoPS3/index.html

naruto1.jpg

naruto2.jpg

old TGS trailer

http://stage6.divx.com/user/Parn1024/video/1700511/Naruto-Ps3-Project-TGS-2007

Ezduo

Banned
Looks better than the 360 version to me (at least the characters do anyway).

damn at the motion blur on Naruto's foot, that's pretty cool

White Man

Oh yes! Cyber Connect? Naruto? I am guessing that this is an adventure game akin to the current (awesome) 360 game? This is MINE on day 1!

calder

White Man said:
Oh yes! Cyber Connect? Naruto? I am guessing that this is an adventure game akin to the current (awesome) 360 game? This is MINE on day 1!
Wait, I haven't bothered to even glance at a Naruto game in, well, ever, but are you serious? There's a naruto adventure game, and it's good? For reals?

SpudBud

White Man said:
Nah-Ruh-Toe is awesome, am I right?

methane47

You sure these aren't screenshots from a 360 version of the game? Because I heard those graphics are unpossible on the PS3

methane47 said:
You sure these aren't screenshots from a 360 version of the game? Because I heard those graphics are unpossible on the PS3

Never make the mistake of underestimating CC2. Those guys fucking rule. Or should I say Fukuoka rule? ;)

White Man

calder said:
Wait, I haven't bothered to even glance at a Naruto game in, well, ever, but are you serious? There's a naruto adventure game, and it's good? For reals?

Yes, and I don't even like Naruto. Actually, it may have even gotten me into Naruto, so you may want to avoid it.

All combat is 1 on 1 fighting. The fighting engine is competent, not great. Kind of simple. Mashy. Moments of cheese.

The rest of the adventure is a neat little sandboxy thing with various sorts of missions you can do for money, more life points, and achievements. You use the money to buy ramen for health, and you use training points to learn more moves. It is all very competently done.

It also has a bit of a Crackdown collectathon element to it, where you are running around the village looking for the set number of gold coins. It's good in giving you variety. If you don't want to try the next line of quest missions, there are always a few types of side missions to try out.

The downside is that the main quest is apparently pretty short, and that the fighting engine is pretty basic. I'd suggest giving it a rent. I sort of love the game, but at this point I am wondering if I have gone insane. I mean, Naruto? Good game?

calder

Shit, now I'll have to go back to Blockbuster or something to rent it. :| I hate blockbuster, but there is nowhere else to rent games anywhere here anymore.

White Man

Dr. Strangelove said:
Holy shit dude. I'm going through the EXACT SAME FUCKING THING.

Maybe we're both going insane.

Well, I have to give a warning. One week ago, I barely even knew what Naruto was. Now, post-360 game, well, see for yourself. . .

chav+hooligan.png

The rabbit hole is deep, my friends. Be prepared to face dark parts of yourself that you may not have even known existed. I thought I was better than this!

White Man said:
Yes, and I don't even like Naruto. Actually, it may have even gotten me into Naruto, so you may want to avoid it.

All combat is 1 on 1 fighting. The fighting engine is competent, not great. Kind of simple. Mashy. Moments of cheese.

The rest of the adventure is a neat little sandboxy thing with various sorts of missions you can do for money, more life points, and achievements. You use the money to buy ramen for health, and you use training points to learn more moves. It is all very competently done.

It also has a bit of a Crackdown collectathon element to it, where you are running around the village looking for the set number of gold coins. It's good in giving you variety. If you don't want to try the next line of quest missions, there are always a few types of side missions to try out.

The downside is that the main quest is apparently pretty short, and that the fighting engine is pretty basic. I'd suggest giving it a rent. I sort of love the game, but at this point I am wondering if I have gone insane. I mean, Naruto? Good game?

im 90% sure you are insane. I like Naruto, but I didnt find the game that great at all, even compared to other Naruto games. Like, do you actually enjoy all the side missions, and by side missions I mean races.

this game looks pretty awesome, if I was to make assumptions off the pictures I would say it has more than two people fighting at once and is a free roaming adventure game.

but there isnt anything to make of it yet really.

jiggle

Nice cel-shading
Hopefully it'll have an up to date roster.
Pain in particular
. I think all the narutimate games were pretty up to date when it comes to that?

White Man said:
Well, I have to give a warning. One week ago, I barely even knew what Naruto was. Now, post-360 game, well, see for yourself. . .

chav+hooligan.png

The rabbit hole is deep, my friends. Be prepared to face dark parts of yourself that you may not have even known existed. I thought I was better than this!
I started watching it back in 2003. It's a good series. The manga is even better.

Really, as long as you aren't watching the English dub, nothing is wrong with liking Naruto.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
White Man said:

Crackdown-esque? I might have to buy the 360 version and I'm pretty ambivalent about Naruto.

White Man

Linkzg said:
im 90% sure you are insane. I like Naruto, but I didnt find the game that great at all, even compared to other Naruto games. Like, do you actually enjoy all the side missions, and by side missions I mean races.

Yes I do. Actually, I'll probably play through all of them.

I think part of the reason I like it so much is because Naruto is 100% new to me. If you have been immersed in this world for a while, I would not be surprised if it's not the same.

White Man said:

I think part of the reason I like it so much is because Naruto is 100% new to me. If you have been immersed in this world for a while, I would not be surprised if it's not the same.

I can accept that, part of the reason why I am not that into the 360 game could be because I am a Naruto fan and know there are better games out there that satify my liking of the series.

and the racing missions were terrible for me, but mainly that was due to the camera, but I still did most of them. I only had like 4 more and I would have finished every race in the game, I actually got very close to getting 100% in the game despite not enjoying it that much.

Concept17

As much as I hate the cartoon, this looks quite nice. The environment in the first pic reminds me of TF2 in a weird kinda way.

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
White Man said:

Same here. I find running around Konoha and doing the missions to be quite fun. I, like you, am a Naruto newb, so the whole world and all of its characters are fresh and interesting to me.

Yep, I've lost my mind.

Spruchy

Well I guess im some sort of exception or just not jaded because ive been a naruto fan since like episode 20 in Japan and am currently caught up with shippuden and the manga yet I love the 360 game liek whut.

White Man

Yeah, before it sounds like I am heralding the 360 game as perfect or something, the game is not perfect. It is merely a really good game. Really, really good for a licensed property. Really really really good for a licensed anime property.

But on any sort of objective review scale, it's probably a 7 or an 8.

Trip Warhawkins said:

if that is what they are aiming for, I wouldent be surprised if the gameplay is like Phantom Dust where it is a big open area you can run around and fight the other guy(s) in.

White Man said:
Yeah, before it sounds like I am heralding the 360 game as perfect or something, the game is not perfect. It is merely a really good game. Really, really good for a licensed property. Really really really good for a licensed anime property.

But on any sort of objective review scale, it's probably a 7 or an 8.

I thought the game was a 6.5 or a 7 personally.

Awesome I love Naruto. I'm so happy to see these new adventure type games pop up
can't wait to save enough to experience them on a quality HDTV

Firestorm

BlackGoku03 said:
I started watching it back in 2003. It's a good series. The manga is even better.

Really, as long as you aren't watching the English dub, nothing is wrong with liking Naruto.

"As long as you don't understand the language they're speaking, it's fine"

Anyway, those don't look in-game. If so, holy shit. But they seem to be the same screens we saw when it was first announced.

White Man

Firestorm said:
"As long as you don't understand the language they're speaking, it's fine"

Anyway, those don't look in-game. If so, holy shit. But they seem to be the same screens we saw when it was first announced.

Eh, it's like a single notch above the 360 in every possible way. I think visuals of that quality will be very achievable by late next year. I wouldn't be shocked if it were sooner, either.

I am gonna start watching Naruto this weekend :D

Firestorm

White Man said:
Eh, it's like a single notch above the 360 in every possible way. I think visuals of that quality will be very achievable by late next year. I wouldn't be shocked if it were sooner, either.

I am gonna start watching Naruto this weekend :D

I just thought of how much less tarnished your opinion of the show will be considering you don't have to sit through episodes 136 - 220. Yes, all of that is filler. Painful, excruciating, I have no idea how many people actually watched it, filler.

Desiderus

White Man said:

I stopped reading around that shipudden junk. Enjoyed Rise of a Ninja very much. Much more then all the other naruto games me and my friend imported (besides ninja tensei 4 player) which were very shoddy anime titles, nothing special.

Oh and if it can reach those renders it looks ten times better then the anime. Horrible animation.

White Man

So when does the Naruto show "get bad?" And does it stay bad, or does it just go through a fillery period? Are there any blocks of eps I should just skip?

I'm a busy lad, so I'll cut the fat in order to maximize my enjoyment.

Firestorm said:
I just thought of how much less tarnished your opinion of the show will be considering you don't have to sit through episodes 136 - 220. Yes, all of that is filler. Painful, excruciating, I have no idea how many people actually watched it, filler.

The filler actually made me lose interest for the series. I'm not even watching Shippuden until the good stuff begins.

Desiderus

White Man said:
So when does the Naruto show "get bad?" And does it stay bad, or does it just go through a fillery period? Are there any blocks of eps I should just skip?

I'm a busy lad, so I'll cut the fat in order to maximize my enjoyment.
read the manga and you can skip all those bad fillers.

Top Bottom