• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden UNS: Generations |OT| Why is Shizune support only?

hmmm played the demo.

Will single player just consists of anime screenshots with text and a fight against a comp with you handycapped?

And with this being my first time playing a UNS game... the demo is surprisingly tough o_O.

Does directional + O lead to different combos? Really hard to judge whats going on with naruto's combo attack =/

Is there only 1 'normal' jutsu and 1 ultimate jutsu per character?

hmmm played the demo.

Will single player just consists of anime screenshots with text and a fight against a comp with you handycapped?

And with this being my first time playing a UNS game... the demo is surprisingly tough o_O.

Does directional + O lead to different combos? Really hard to judge whats going on with naruto's combo attack =/

1 Ultimate jutsu, you can do more than 1 regular jutsu. Angling the directional stick when doing attacks changes combos.

I think you should be able to bring up the combo list for the character on the pause screen to see.

Mr. Fix

hmmm played the demo.

For the "story mode" yeah. It's like SF4's arcade mode. But keep in mind that there are cutscenes, that are supposed to be just over an hour in length.

hmmm played the demo.

Yeah, story mode has been a complete disappointment for me, I only had the chance to complete Naruto's story mode and it left me so lukewarm..

Anyway, the fights are awesome so I would recommend Generations to those who love the fightning genre not to those who love adventure games. I wish CC2 would take a different approach for their next Naruto work, maybe something similar to previous Ubisoft's Naruto titles.

Desmond

Yeah, story mode has been a complete disappointment for me, I only had the chance to complete Naruto's story mode and it left me so lukewarm..

Anyway, the fights are awesome so I would recommend Generations to those who love the fightning genre not to those who love adventure games. I wish CC2 would take a different approach for their next Naruto work, maybe something similar to previous Ubisoft's Naruto titles.

What are the Tournament Trophies like? Is it Online tournaments or some sort of Offline mode?

I would love it if CC2 took Ubi's route with the adventure mode with the pre rendered graphics of UNS2 and fighting engine of the UNS series. Have it go from the start of the series till the end of the war....keep in mind that this game will never ever happen.

Desmond

Can anyone translate the menu options for me? Just want to be able to change the difficulty. Thanks.
The main menu or the Options menu?
I'm googling it, but there only seems to be screenshots/vids of the other menus.

The main menu is

フリーバトル Free Battle
ストーリー モード story mode

I assume Options is written in Kanji or something. Sorry

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Is this game based on where the manga is at or where the anime is at? I really want to pick it up when it releases in NA for some silly fun, but I don't follow the manga.

Thanks!

Yeah, story mode has been a complete disappointment for me, I only had the chance to complete Naruto's story mode and it left me so lukewarm
So it's confirmed then, the story mode is just fights with anime stills in between. Really sucks. Are there any boss fights like UNS and UNS2?

Pein

Banned
Unraikyo is such a good looking stage, I really hope they add a stage that's stats set on water, like the bottom of the valley of the end.

I can't wait for a fully playable Darui, that black panther is so dope.

Gazzawa

I would love it if CC2 took Ubi's route with the adventure mode with the pre rendered graphics of UNS2 and fighting engine of the UNS series. Have it go from the start of the series till the end of the war....keep in mind that this game will never ever happen.

Agreed. Broken Bond's adventure mode was pretty good but was missing quick travel. It could be done(technically) tho!

Also is your name a reference to "Host Samurai" from Gantz. If so then awesome.

bubnbob

Banned
Since there doesnt seem to be any eye popping QTEs with hot visuals, I think I'm going to sit this one out. Will watch vids on YT I guess.

So no QTE's at all? Did that team make Asura's Wraith instead?

I'd take those over these 'tv budget' looking anime cutscenes. Get the movie team to do it, don't half ass it with your B-C team.

No adventure mode or QTE battles sorry I am going to have to sit this one out. The QTE mashing during the dramatic moments of the story was fun.

I knew there wasn't gonna much to it other than fighting when the big deal of it was going ZOMG HAKU!!! EVERYONES BEEN ASKIN FOR HAKU SO WE MADE THIS GAME!!!!

:\

Throw a big pile of characters at the screen and call it a day.

Saving the 'effort' for the next 'proper' one?

Gazzawa

Tried the demo. It wasn't nearly as good as UNS2 demo was. I'm not sure it'll be worth picking up at all now unless online is spectacular(CC2 will not get the balance right at the start). Glad im not too hyped for this one. The single player may be the downfall in this package. Extra cutscenes from the anime are cool but if they are in to replace the epic boss battles then I am out. Gameplay>Lore forever.

Come at me bro

Malo

Banned
Just tried out the demo and I'm loving the changes they've made, especially not being able to spam substitution jutsu.

Skilletor

Tried the demo. It wasn't nearly as good as UNS2 demo was. I'm not sure it'll be worth picking up at all now unless online is spectacular(CC2 will not get the balance right at the start). Glad im not too hyped for this one. The single player may be the downfall in this package. Extra cutscenes from the anime are cool but if they are in to replace the epic boss battles then I am out. Gameplay>Lore forever.

Come at me bro

You're such a rebel! You state your opinion and you don't care if anybody disagrees!

Such a stupid meme.

frequency

I really enjoyed the last one, even though I don't know anything about the actual show.
The "adventure" elements were nice. Too bad that's gone.

Is there still the quick time event things at the end of big fights? Those were by far my favourite part of the game.

I really wish CC2 went the Asura's Wrath route with this, but oh well. I'm not sure I want to get into a pure fighter for a series I don't know much about. Will the story from the game alone be enough for me? Or is it more made for existing fans of the series and wouldn't make any sense to someone who's only experience with the franchise is UNS2?

Top Bottom