• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NASCAR Heat Evolution announced - Monster Games - PS4, XB1, PC - September 13

prag16

Banned
The original NASCAR Heat from 2000 was pretty good. Nothing can beat iRacing at this point, though.

Yeah but screw paying a subscription for iRacing. Maybe if I was ultra serious and it was the only game I would play.

Sounds like the consensus is that this game is okay, but nothing special, with a few baffling design decisions (such as some kind of bizarre rubberbanding in the online races..).

Yeah but screw paying a subscription for iRacing. Maybe if I was ultra serious and it was the only game I would play.

Sounds like the consensus is that this game is okay, but nothing special, with a few baffling design decisions (such as some kind of bizarre rubberbanding in the online races..).

Yeah, I bought a month when they were having a big sale and while it is truly unmatched in terms of its driving model, it takes a level of dedication I don't and probably never will have.

Ah man, that's a shame. Just had a look on metacritic and some of the reviews are fairly positive about it, sounds like it could be a flawed but fun racer.

Just hope this isn't like what happened with Left Field Productions when going from Excitebike 64 to Nitro Bike -- publisher meddling can usually sour things. Same thing with Firebrand Games and their output under the penny-pinching side of Activision.

Branson

Ah man, that's a shame. Just had a look on metacritic and some of the reviews are fairly positive about it, sounds like it could be a flawed but fun racer.

Just hope this isn't like what happened with Left Field Productions when going from Excitebike 64 to Nitro Bike -- publisher meddling can usually sour things. Same thing with Firebrand Games and their output under the penny-pinching side of Activision.

They are working on this game and patching it. The AI seems decent. The driving model is ok. Just some things that are holding this game back. It's pretty barebones at the moment. Hard to beat iRacing like someone said above. F12016 this game is not.

gwiz210

The new dlc has Alan Kulwicki and Bill Elliott (specifically his Mac Tonight car) throwback paint schemes 🙏🏻💯❤️💛💚💜💙

NHale

I've watched some livestreams of people playing the game. Some hardcore Nascar fans that say this is by far the best NASCAR game on consoles for a while but with some faults.

They feel that like Eutechnyx previous attempts this one could be a solid foundation for years to come. They praise the handling and AI and from watching I'm definitely interested. If it wasn't for the heavy releases of games right now I would have bought it already to support the company.

prag16

Banned
They are working on this game and patching it. The AI seems decent. The driving model is ok. Just some things that are holding this game back. It's pretty barebones at the moment. Hard to beat iRacing like someone said above. F12016 this game is not.
Any word on adding local multi? If they do I'll buy it on PS4.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan

They need to add the Truck and Xfinity Series, and the tracks unique to those series, for next years game. I want to race the Eldora Truck race and the Road America Xfinity race, then I'll bite.

Branson

They need to add the Truck and Xfinity Series, and the tracks unique to those series, for next years game. I want to race the Eldora Truck race and the Road America Xfinity race, then I'll bite.
I think if given time Monster Games will do that for future games. They need to get Cup right first though. But I agree.

danowat

Banned
Picked it up this morning, as it's on sale on XBO for £23..........

Firstly, it looks like trash, it would look pretty poor on a previous gen machine, tons of aliasing, chuggy framerate, doesn't look nice at all.

The views are limited, would have preferred a proper bonnet cam, rather than the "top of the windscreen cam".

Only a few races through career at the moment, but despite all the failings, it actually plays pretty well, simulation physics are TOUGH, especially on pad, I've not finished higher than 20th yet, the AI are decent enough, but they have a tendency to stray offline, so you need to take that into account, but as for the racing, holy hell it's INTENSE.

I don't think I've had such a white knuckle ride from a racing game for a long time, it's exhausting!, the racing is really good, driving at 180mph inches from the 3 cars in front, and the 2 cars by your side is really, really intense, I reckon it plays better than the Nascar expansion on FM6.

Bottomline, if you like Nascar, and you can overlook the shoddy visuals, there is a game here.

xrnzaaas

nvm, I didn't see this is a bump ;)

I reckon it plays better than the Nascar expansion on FM6

That expansion sucks ass, I bought it and I regret it, the "career" mode is basically using NASCAR cars on all of the game's available tracks (the finale is on the Nordschleife), because there are only a few NASCAR ones in the game. In some cases it leads to hilarious conclusions like racing with GT cars on the Le Mans circuit

Fox Mulder

Just got this game on sale for the xb1. Figured why not for $20. Haven't played a NASCAR game since the EA days.

I really like how you can enter your age and get beer sponsors. That's great and I wish other games would do it.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Just got this game on sale for the xb1. Figured why not for $20. Haven't played a NASCAR game since the EA days.

I really like how you can enter your age and get beer sponsors. That's great and I wish other games would do it.

Yeah, but only Keslowski (Miller Lite) and Harvick (Busch) have beer sponsors now. It wasn't like the '90s, when Winston cigarettes was the main sponsor and there were cars sponsored by Skoal, Stroh's, Budweiser, etc. etc.

Top Bottom