• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natal struggles to see Black people?

tfur

Shawsie64 said:
Thank fuck im not the only one that seen that.

It reeks of a commercial, i doubt they're even playing it at all.

Yeah, they are busted on this one. I had never seen this video just mentioned. I looked at it, and it is EXACTLY the same at those times.

Someone should take a screen grab at those times, and show both youtubes.

bigswords said:
Not really on topic but:

Ok Felicia Day sold me on that Natal ball game. Where do I buy this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYuJivFFa-c&feature=related
Screw Natal, you just sold me on Felicia Day.
2661998785_14922cc112_o.jpg

Tylahedras said:
Ah the desperation of gamers, Felicia day is as unattractive as they come, don't be fooled by 10 pounds of makeup.

I'll never understand the super high standards for women of the interwebs.

Apenheul

Natal also doesn't work well when there's too much light, or when there are too many people on screen. The tech, from the same manufacturer as the one Microsoft will be using, has been used with videogames for years already in physiotherapy and military training simulations.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Tylahedras said:
Ah the desperation of gamers, Felicia day is as unattractive as they come, don't be fooled by 10 pounds of makeup.

Dont be fooled by this post.

Tylahedras said:
High standards? The 35 year old lady who works at my nearest 7-11 is better looking.

More like bad taste amirite? 35 year old 7-11 lady..... :lol

Felicia is smokin. The guild is a awesome show also.

Alx

60_gig_PS3 said:
I'm thinking just the opposite. For driving you dont even need distance information, they can just use image recognition to track the position of your hands.

It would be MUCH easier to detect hands with depth information than with appearance. Since the player has both arms stretched forward, his hands will appear as two dots with low distance (for example if your body is 3m from the camera, just keep all pixels closer than 2.9m and you'll see only the hands... and that's assuming you don't use the whole body-matching functions of the device).
While appearance based... well it can get tricky. A hand is not a very big object, has no reliable recognizable feature... the better way to detect and track them would be to look for their colour, but that's when lighting, skin color etc come into play and will make it unreliable without a good initial calibration (which natal doesn't need).

What's more curious about why they are using stock footage instead of direct capture is why they are using stock footage of people crashing into walls and driving poorly.

Anyone capable of doing a frame grab on the part just after the footage where they pan away from the screen? I know it'll be blurred but I'm interested in seeing what's actually shown before they cut between footage.

I just downloaded and played it back frame by frame, the Zachary Levi / Josh Gomez one was the original.

/links to "Natal struggles to see black people" OP :lol

AniHawk

Son of Godzilla said:
What's more curious about why they are using stock footage instead of direct capture is why they are using stock footage of people crashing into walls and driving poorly.

My guess is that they needed something to match their reactions.

Alx

It wouldn't be the first time that a video is edited to input external footage... it's a communication vid, not a documentary (actually, documentaries are edited too...).
They wanted to illustrate that the players were crashing with a stock crashing sequence. Big deal.

DjFroggy

Neo Member
Alx said:
It wouldn't be the first time that a video is edited to input external footage... it's a communication vid, not a documentary (actually, documentaries are edited too...).
They wanted to illustrate that the players were crashing with a stock crashing sequence. Big deal.

Vagabundo

Tylahedras said:
High standards? The 35 year old lady who works at my nearest 7-11 is better looking.

She is fine looking you dink...

What the hell is wrong with you? I know tastes can differ and she doesn't do much for me but she looks very nice; takes care of herself, has good skin, nice symmetry.

Beauty in the eye of the beholder alright, how do you feel about this:

2r40nl1.jpg

Turn you on?

Iknos

Alx said:

I remember seeing this done in the documentary "The King of Kong" and at that point I had to throw the DVD out the window. They used footage of his first high score attempt during the montage where he went for it a second time.

Those bastards trying to mislead us by recycling footage in order to make a it a smooth viewing experience how dare they.

pswii60

Tylahedras said:
She looks alright to me, although I don't like girls wearing glasses, instant turn-off to me.

OnPoint

pswii60 said:
She looks alright to me, although I don't like girls wearing glasses, instant turn-off to me.

What? Really?

pswii60
He speaks, Capcom listens...
(Today, 05:52 AM)
Reply | Quote

So THAT'S why Capcom let Bayonetta get away...

neorej

ERMYGERD!
pswii60 said:

Think of the possibilities!!!!!!!!
Hint:
Manjuices released on her face

Dabanton said:
The last couple in this video are pretty chunky.:lol

Xbox Project Natal Hands On at E3

And that second chick in the video is pretty foxy.

Damn, there goes my idea for a 'Natal struggles to see Fat people?' thread.

I even found this article to show how near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) is less effective on fat people as "the change in optical density is significantly decreased and that the linearity of measurement characteristics clearly deteriorated by the presence of a fat layer"
http://spiedl.aip.org/getabs/servle...03257000001000156000001&idtype=cvips&gifs=yes

Top Bottom