• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natsume bringing Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town to the Wii U VC

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://nintendoeverything.com/natsu...of-mineral-town-to-the-wii-u-virtual-console/

Although it should hardly come as a surprise, Natsume has officially confirmed plans to release Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town on the Wii U Virtual Console. The original Friends of Mineral Town hit the North American eShop last June.

Natsume previously said in April that it had eight GBA games planned for the Wii U Virtual Console. Friends of Mineral Town and its sequel were practically shoo-ins once that statement was made.

In case people are unaware, More Friends of Mineral Town is a slightly improved version of the original Friends of Mineral Town, with the big difference being that you can play as a female character and romance males.

pa22word

Do gba games on the system have the same problems console oriented releases tend to have on the wii u vc? Such as the totally borked color palette thing?

If so then I'll be taking a pass on this.

Do gba games on the system have the same problems console oriented releases tend to have on the wii u vc? Such as the totally borked color palette thing?

If so then I'll be taking a pass on this.
As far as I can tell, the GBA is actually the best emulation on the system. It was programed by M2, and once you turn off the smoother option, it is pretty much pixel perfect.

Vandole

As far as I can tell, the GBA is actually the best emulation on the system. It was programed by M2, and once you turn off the smoother option, it is pretty much pixel perfect.

yep. Pretty much this. The Gameboy advanced emulator is pretty darn good. A few games are a little dark but that was mainly due to the ridiculously powerful background light of the SP. Nothing that you can't compensate for by taking two seconds to adjust the brightness on your screen.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
In case people are unaware, More Friends of Mineral Town is a slightly improved version of the original Friends of Mineral Town, with the big difference being that you can play as a female character and romance males.

Correction: MFoMT is the first Girl's version of HM localized and has only one playable character, so it's not like the later games where you have a choice. I believe the first non GB game where you could choose your gender and get married was...Magical Melody. Definitely the first one in the US.

For anyone interested, there's a romhack of this one called True Love Edition that allows for same sex marriage. Of course, you won't be finding it on the eShop.

Top Bottom