• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog receives 120 PS4 dev kits

i hear bish coming.

tumblr_lunt92GhbX1r6984go1_400.gif

LOL. That samual l jackon avatar really is intimidating.

Bundy

Banned
Naughty Dog are the only developer that lights my underwear on fire when I think about them.

Combine that with the PS4 blowing my pants off...
I'm still scared as hell.....
Imagine there next PS4 game, then their second game, etc.
God, I love their games ^_^

I would assume these kits are for the Last of Us team, that is about to get rolling on their next game. While the next Uncharted is already well into production with it's own team.

Open world TLoU MMO with a heavy focus on PVP for supplies, safe houses, with a loose story system surviving against infected while you search for a potential cure/the last surviving groups of human civilization.

Options for gaining companions to help in keeping you and your group alive. Join up with other survivors to even the odds against other scavengers, hostile hunters, and infected in sprawling cities reclaimed by nature. Includes an updated crafting system, a barter system, and the option to go renegade and become a hunter yourself.

Persistent world moves even when you aren't logged in. Safe houses help keep you safe during downtime, but going it in the wilderness could mean simply losing supplies or becoming infected yourself.

I'm really thinking it could be something like Day-Z, but much much bigger and in the TLoU universe.
Hire this man! (also a n Uncharted along similarly fleshed out lines would also be fantastic, I gotta admit if ND'd next gen is super linear again I'll be a tad disappointed they didn't venture forth and conquer non-linear like they have with strictly-linear)

Five

Banned
That seems like... an awful lot. I would figure one for every developer, a handful for Q/A, and then a few more for redundancy since accidents happen and hardware dies. Unless they have artists and designers compiling the game too, this seems like excess to me. Hmmm.

They likely need more than others because don't they help design development tools for the system that then get passed on to other developers, including third party?

B_Boss

Naughty Dog:

8nDgBrU.gif

Sony:

Elv3LPG.gif

(.gif courtey of iceddoughnut@ reddit oh and errrmm.....Andy is caucasian but.....well know how .gifs can be lol)

That seems like... an awful lot. I would figure one for every developer, a handful for Q/A, and then a few more for redundancy since accidents happen and hardware dies. Unless they have artists and designers compiling the game too, this seems like excess to me. Hmmm.

Not if it speeds up development or QA testing by an order of magnitude.

Ein Bear

Nobody's worried they receive that just now... ?

Nah, I bet we'll see a new Naughty Dog game pretty soon. I imagine these will be for the team that just finished the Last of Us and will be about to start their PS4 project. The Uncharted 3 team, on the other hand, will have had dev kits for a good while, and their game should be pretty far along by now.

Five

Banned
Not if it speeds up development or QA testing by an order of magnitude.

I agree, but there's a limit to how many more a company can have before they're just sitting around taking up hall space. It's generally only the programmers and Q/A who need the dev kits, as everyone else can see what their contribution looks like with PhotoShop, Maya or whatever authoring tools they're using on the PC. So ND must have a fairly large Q/A contingent.

Top Bottom