• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog receives 120 PS4 dev kits

Please, no Uncharted or TLOU.

While those games were amazing, a new generation of consoles should be seen as an opportunity to show off new ideas and new stories with new IP.

The_Monk

Thank you for posting fellow GAFfer, that is indeed amazing.

I can't wait for what they are cooking next, but I trust them. Story wise and Audio wise, really curious.

Ding-Ding

You got an article on this? That I imagine was a good read, who is ice team.

No article in afraid. The Ice team is a central technology group within Sony. They provide alot of Sony 1st parties with graphics technologies and debugging tools etc to 3rd parties.

It was only found out because Cort Stratton, an ice team & ND programmer told people he was working on the ps4's graphics driver & api on his twitter feed

JP

The next Uncharted game is going to be fucking rad.
As much as I'd be happy to see anything from Naughty Dog I think Sony would benefit from another Uncharted title if Naughty Dog are interest as there isn't a franchise out there with as much spectacle and "wow" as Uncharted.

Looking at inFamous on the PS4 which is out in a few months makes me drool at a new Uncharted.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
As much as I'd be happy to see anything from Naughty Dog I think Sony would benefit from another Uncharted title if Naughty Dog are interest as there isn't a franchise out there with as much spectacle and "wow" as Uncharted.

Looking at inFamous on the PS4 which is out in a few months makes me drool at a new Uncharted.

I think ND will do one more Uncharted themselves then let another team take over. One last hurrah from ND would let them dictate how the franchise would proceed and would be a gorgeous blockbuster title for early on in the PS4's life.

JP

I think ND will do one more Uncharted themselves then let another team take over. One last hurrah from ND would let them dictate how the franchise would proceed and would be a gorgeous blockbuster title for early on in the PS4's life.
I'm thinking along the same lines, I know it's one of the main games but the Vita version was handled externally with Naught Dog keeping an eye on stuff and that seems to fit on with the way Sony like to do stuff now.

Thinking about inFamous which is out in just a few months and how good that looks I just can't imagine the scale of the spectacle that an Uncharted game which was maybe due for release next Christmas would have.

jayu26

Lol, this thread is awesome. Folks are excited about a developer receiving dev kits. It also shows how much pressure is on Naughty Dog to deliver on their next game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
No sooner did they post that image when Arthur Gies replies with:

Arthur Gies ‏@aegies
@cbalestra @geoffkeighley those boxes look EXACTLY the same as the ps3 devkits. i do not know why that occurs to me.

https://twitter.com/aegies/status/379661789643800576

Ahahahahahahah. Gies isn't even trying to have any pretense of not being biased any more.

"And now with U....uh...I, uh, don't remember what game it was but it was test footage on PS4."

Smooth cover, North.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Hey, guys... Remember when MS bought Bungie?

Jezbollah

Why are the boxes that huge?!?!

Because the dev kits are large?

ps4-devkit-controller.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Bungie only bought themselves back because MS wouldn't give them enough freedom. ND can do whatever they want.

That must be why Bungie used their newfound freedom to make a game that was such an incredible departure for them.And committing to a huge amount of sequels was really something.

Truespeed

No sooner did they post that image when Arthur Gies replies with:

Arthur Gies ‏@aegies
@cbalestra @geoffkeighley those boxes look EXACTLY the same as the ps3 devkits. i do not know why that occurs to me.

https://twitter.com/aegies/status/379661789643800576

Nothing gets by the investigative journalism skills and keen eye of Arthur Gies. Not many people would have noticed the similarity between a brown cardboard box and a brown cardboard box.

Skeff

There are more than 120 Devkits there.

stacked 3x2 with a height of 5 per pallet, 4 pallets = 120 and some more stacked on top. It's all lies!

EDIT: I count 125 boxes, so 1 TB GDDR5 Da PoWaH!

Lonnie413

Nothing gets by the investigative journalism skills and keen eye of Arthur Gies. Not many people would have noticed the similarity between a brown cardboard box and a brown cardboard box.
Not to mention the fact every Sony electronic good ships in a box with similar printing from a$5.99 pair of headphones to a case of PS3s.

Gbraga

Naughty Dog is Sony, ever since the PS2.

Well, yeah, but the people working there are not Sony's property, and it's pretty much the thing that matters.

So I guess having a good relationship with them and making them happy could be one of Sony's priorities.

It most likely was not what he meant, but saying "ND is Sony, this doesn't matter" may not be exactly true.

Top Bottom