• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nazi Airplane lands on Georgia Highway

shandy706

I suppose we need to just comment on what the guy said anyway...lol.

He doesn't even own the plane.

Trust me when I say these guys are fanatics. They make people on a gaming board look disinterested in their hobby.

Looks like that swastika was optional even in the original designs. If it's not a key elememt...you don't do it. Leave it off.

Skyr

Actually without the little swastika on the tail the paintjob would be fine as it is.
The iron cross is still the symbol of the german bundeswehr. Theres nothing wrong with it.
The swastika outed him tho.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Where's the Swastika? I see the Iron Cross, is it on the other side of the plane or am I just blind?

Edit: OH there it is on the tail.

E92 M3

It's just a modern plane made to look like a Nazi plane. It's not an actual historical plane, where yeah a lot of people would go for as much accuracy as possible.

Obviously, but some people are into recreating history and such. It's just unwise to starting accusing people before there is anything more than a painted plane.

Show me your collection.

I don't have any WW2 memorabilia.

it's a modern kit plane with a swastika on. If it were a real WW2 plane I'd be more willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He did what he could with limited funds.

finowns

bf109__g10_messerschmitt__antonis_s_work_by_whizzi_by_roen911-d9mft0o.png

That is a cool looking. How are you going to do this design job on a crappy little plane like that?

tkscz

It's just a modern plane made to look like a Nazi plane. It's not an actual historical plane, where yeah a lot of people would go for as much accuracy as possible.

Going with this. I'm not going to say he's a Nazi, might just be some doofus who thought "WW II plans were cook" and put that on there for shits and giggles. But if he were going for authenticity, he didn't really do it.

~Sorry officer. I was just flying my Nazi replica plane with iron star and swastika symbols that represents the genocide of 6 million Jews for fun.

~My bad. It's just part of my collection. I'm a big fan of WWII. It's all for fun.

Iron Cross is not a Nazi symbol, it was used by Germany before and after the war still, and even still makes appearances on some craft today.

KKK/ neonazis uses it as a "not Swastika" a lot. I see a lot of bikers sporting it and such. Outside of the Bundeswehr context, it is a dog whistle.

Generally you don't see it outside of historical planes. Recreations you are more likely to see four bars or not at all:

Mahonay

Banned
Obviously, but some people are into recreating history and such. It's just unwise to starting accusing people before there is anything more than a painted plane.
Places like Georgia have lost the privilege for reasonable doubt a long time ago. Sorry.

He painted it like a BF-109, that's fine, but he really didn't need to add the swastika. Lot of German planes never had the swastika on them, it's really unnecessary.
Pretty much all WWII German planes had a swastika on them :X. it was their vertical marking. Britain had the three colored square, Italy had the white cross. The iron cross was for the wings and tail and then Hitler changed it to just wings.

This happened in Georgia tho.

KKK/ neonazis uses it as a "not Swastika" a lot. I see a lot of bikers sporting it and such. Outside of the Bundeswehr context, it is a dog whistle.

Generally you don't see it outside of historical planes. Recreations you are more likely to see four bars or not at all:
Germany officially uses the Iron Cross to this day on its aircrafts... It is not a Nazi symbol.

darscot

I have no issue with the paint job at all. A nations current politics is not a reflection of every person or company in the country. It not wrong to be impressed with german aircraft from the period they were incredible in design and technology. This doesn't make you a Nazi in my book.

Mahonay

Banned
I have no issue with the paint job at all. A nations current politics is not a reflection of every person or company in the country. It not wrong to be impressed with german aircraft from the period they were incredible in design and technology. This doesn't make you a Nazi in my book.
It's a shitty kit job. It's not a historical plane.

Germany officially uses the Iron Cross to this day on its aircrafts...

And hey, if you're actually a German and particularly in the German military, cool.

If you're a redneck motorcycle rider in Alabama, maybe I'm less convinced you're just showing off your deep commitment to protecting Angela Merkel and peaceful German democracy, you savvy?

Karkador

Banned

You must have not spotted the swastika yet

darscot

It's a shitty kit job. It's not a historical plane.

Historical planes are not easy to get your hands on, I see this as an homage. Most of the companies that built and designed the technology from the period were around before the Nazis.

Nazi's had some beautiful equipment. It doesn't mean he was a neonazi at all.

Y'know I'm willing to cut some slack to someone who is really into military history having accurate reproductions or originals, even if they want to fly them from time to time... Whatever.

But... having a cheap, fake kit plane that is very obviously not some historic WW2 plane, but just a piece of shit that he painted a swastika on....... eh.

Teehee what a goof. It's just a symbol representing the murder and torture of millions guys, don't take things so seriously.

E92 M3

Y'know I'm willing to cut some slack to someone who is really into military history having accurate reproductions or originals, even if they want to fly them from time to time... Whatever.

But... having a cheap, fake kit plane that is very obviously not some historic WW2 plane, but just a piece of shit that he painted a swastika on....... eh.

The logical conclusion would be that he didn't have a lot of funds to go all the way.

Meadows

Banned
To be fair I kind of can't get mad at the livery being accurate. I have no idea what his political views are but historical re-enactments are pretty popular and I guess he just wants to make it look the part.

It's Georgia. It's not a stretch at all that maybe this person is cool with Nazis in general.

As someone from Georgia and who was raised here... I encountered way more openly racist people when visiting friends/family up north and out west. New Hampshire is racist as fuck. So is Orange County.

Aaand I'm pretty sure we voted more for Hillary than fucking Michigan or Wisconsin did... that's gotta count for something.

Top Bottom