• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Holy shit what a great trade for Portland. I don't get it for the Nuggets.

tbf, Nurkic wasn't pleased at all over being benched, Plumlee is a good passing center and so may keep consistency for the Nuggets when jokic goes to the bench (they're already one of the best rebounding teams, and so Plumlee's weakness isn't as painful for them), and they traded the grizzlies' 1st rounder

still, I can't believe nurkic wasn't getting better offers...

That pick would be in the low 20's...soo yeah. Shame about Nurkic, still wondering what happened there. Denver doesn't need to stockpile more young talent, they need to develop them more, folks need to stop thinking too highly of first round draft picks. This ain't the NFL

That pick would be in the low 20's...soo yeah. Shame about Nurkic, still wondering what happened there. Denver doesn't need to stockpile more young talent, they need to develop them more, folks need to stop thinking too highly of first round draft picks. This ain't the NFL

Nurkic isn't close to the talent jokic is, and he was pissed off about not starting

Nurkic isn't close to the talent jokic is, and he was pissed off about not starting

Reading up a bit more on the situation...it's a shame he just up and quit like that. I get being frustrated but guy just went as ghost as Birdman or Javale did in their last years here. Oh well, maybe a change in scenery will do him good

Reading up a bit more on the situation...it's a shame he just up and quit like that. I get being frustrated but guy just went as ghost as Birdman or Javale did in their last years here. Oh well, maybe a change in scenery will do him good

Worked wonders for Javale.
Temporary(?) starter, Warrior Fan and Player favorite center, and no longer Shaqtin a Fool weekly candidate regardless of how hard Shaq wants to force it to happen.

tbf, Nurkic wasn't pleased at all over being benched, Plumlee is a good passing center and so may keep consistency for the Nuggets when jokic goes to the bench (they're already one of the best rebounding teams, and so Plumlee's weakness isn't as painful for them), and they traded the grizzlies' 1st rounder

still, I can't believe nurkic wasn't getting better offers...

I thought he'd be a great target for the Celtics but upon second thought, he's kind of an asshole for dealing with being benched this poorly so I'm not sure he's a guy I'd want on my squad.

Still, Nuggets got a very small return for him. Maybe they just like Plumlee a lot.

FZZ

Banned
Develop what? Guys don't just become great defenders or rebounders. He's got slow feet and in a league that is becoming increasingly smaller/faster he is always going to be a liability. His ceiling is Enes Kanter or Al Jefferson.

I think he can develop into becoming a much better rebounder

his defense prolly not

idk seems like he just doesn't put in effort, dude needs someone to kick his ass into gear

jrmanimal

As a Nugget fan I'm okay with the trade. Plumlee has pretty good passing abilities to fill the court when Jokic is on the bench, and could fit with him too. Nurkic is just frustrating...Nice first season, horrible second season and after a nice beggining, he just got worse this year, super slow and not really the defensive player se thought he could be. He didn't fit with Jokic and really wanted to be traded. He has upside but it was clear that he wouldn't evolve here, and his value would be rock-bottom soon. Good luck for him in Portland, I still like the guy.

I not super fan of giving the pick but the Nuggets is not really trying to get picks for now and already has a better pick in the draft. Plumlee adds more than a 20-25 pick for now. It's a gamble, let's see how it pays off.

I expect more Denver trades until the deadline.

Tommy DJ

This is some of the worst basketball I have seen in last few minutes between the Knicks and Spurs.

Knicks 2nd unit is a joke.

The quality of the game wasn't helped by the Spurs' weak offensive this season. I dunno where they would be without Kawhi Leonard or David Lee because the rest of the team is pretty stale when it comes to scoring. Lamarcus Aldridge has been straight up trash for them this season.

The quality of the game wasn't helped by the Spurs' weak offensive this season. I dunno where they would be without Kawhi Leonard or David Lee because the rest of the team is pretty stale when it comes to scoring. Lamarcus Aldridge has been straight up trash for them this season.

And for my fantasy team. Wipes tears.

Love when Raptors play the Pistons, Stan Van Gundy bench reactions when the Pistons mess up is hilarious.

Lakers not interested in jahlil okafor after all. Read on hoophype.

Which is good with me..I know we need improvements but another un proven youngster isn't it. We need a veteran defensive anchor/captain.

Lakers not interested in jahlil okafor after all. Read on hoophype.

Which is good with me..I know we need improvements but another un proven youngster isn't it. We need a veteran defensive anchor/captain.

Lakers need to be focused on moving name players, not adding them. I hope they are shopping Lou hard. Silver Screen and Roll suggested Lou to Detroit for Stanley Johnson, who seems to have fallen hard out of favor with coach/GM SVG. I'd do something like that in a heartbeat.

So the Knicks beat the Spurs today huh...

Sounds like the Spurs were playing like shit today from the 2 comments in this thread.
That puts the Rockets 1 win back from the Spurs, but having still played 3 extra games more than just about anyone else in the league, they stay solid in 3rd in the West for now.

I think I would like to see SA fall to 3rd and face the Grizz i the 1st round of the playoff (boring low scoring series?), while OKC takes on the Rockets.

But 4th-7th seed are all still in scramble mode in the West, so who knows....

spyder_ur

I don't get why Denver threw in a pick. The trade was pretty much a wash.

Yeah, me neither. Nurkic is at least a usable player, and Plumlee is...well, a Plumlee. Can't believe you'd throw in a first round pick, though I get why they'd want Plumlee rotation and roster wise.

Lakers need to be focused on moving name players, not adding them. I hope they are shopping Lou hard. Silver Screen and Roll suggested Lou to Detroit for Stanley Johnson, who seems to have fallen hard out of favor with coach/GM SVG. I'd do something like that in a heartbeat.

Ha,I'm sure you would. I don't think that's gonna happen.

What happened to Johnson anyways? I thought he looked pretty good early. The Harris trade might have really killed his development.

VeeP

Yeah, me neither. Nurkic is at least a usable player, and Plumlee is...well, a Plumlee. Can't believe you'd throw in a first round pick, though I get why they'd want Plumlee rotation and roster wise.

Ha,I'm sure you would. I don't think that's gonna happen.

What happened to Johnson anyways? I thought he looked pretty good early. The Harris trade might have really killed his development.

He played well in playoffs last year, but this year he's hit a major slump. Recently he's been showing improvement, staying late after games for practice, etc etc.

I don't get why Denver threw in a pick. The trade was pretty much a wash.

They want to push for the 8 seed this year and get some butts in seats. The team is insanely young and three promising rookies on the team are already not getting minutes. Nurkic was racking up DNPs and playing like balls when he was on the court so his value was pretty low. It's a win/win for both teams I think: Blazers get a raw center with excellent potential and another first round pick in a pretty good draft while Nuggets get to kick the tires on a high energy offense with two elite passing centers and see if it pays dividends. If it doesn't work out, Nuggets can let Plumlord walk and will have tons of cap space for free agents.

TTG

Spurs playing like crap for the past like 10 games. Except for their win over Cavs

That's unfortunate. Obviously Durant took OKC out of it(and then they gave up Ibaka apparently out of spite), but if the Clips and Spurs aren't really competitive this year that's 3 contenders from the past year gone. Spurs still have 3 games against GSW left, let's see what happens then.

EDIT: Tony Parker had 0 points in 31 minutes.

That's unfortunate. Obviously Durant took OKC out of it(and then they gave up Ibaka apparently out of spite), but if the Clips and Spurs aren't really competitive this year that's 3 contenders from the past year gone. Spurs still have 3 games against GSW left, let's see what happens then.

EDIT: Tony Parker had 0 points in 31 minutes.

I just checked the schedule, and apparently they only play 3 times this year?
so they only have 2 games against GSW left. 3/11 & 3/29 are there last 2 of 3 regular season games. then it's playoff time.

ViciousDS

Banned
It's really sad the greatest move the front office did this season was not keeping Noah

Dude has been a bust since getting destroyed by nene that playoff series. You know the year he won DPOY

I just checked the schedule, and apparently they only play 3 times this year?
so they only have 2 games against GSW left. 3/11 & 3/29 are there last 2 of 3 regular season games. then it's playoff time.
Pretty sure it's B2B for both smh. If I was Kerr, I would just rest everyone for one of the games. Gives Pop basically 1 game to plan around them for the play offs.

What happened to Okafor this season? Surprised 76ers seem to want to give him away this quick.

Terrible defender, terrible rebounder, has zero range and can't pass....and he doesn't fit in well with their other bigs. It's hard to put a winning team around that kind of player. Better to get rid of him now before his value completely craters.

Top Bottom