• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

lmao OKC fans in the stands were like
full
after that three

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I'm a little taken back by the amount of hate directed at KD. I knew there would be boos and hostility but this seems personal. What exactly did the guy do besides choose to play somewhere else?

gutshot

I'm a little taken back by the amount of hate directed at KD. I knew there would be boos and hostility but this seems personal. What exactly did the guy do besides choose to play somewhere else?

That's all it takes to turn dudes into villains in today's NBA (see: James, LeBron).

salty ass fans who feel like just because their team drafted a guy they are entitled to control his entire life (unless of course he sucks or gets injured, in which case that loyalty proves to be a one way street).

What is so bad about this? I've heard far worse booing, this is standard booing for a player that left a team, especially for one that joined what was probably the only other team that was probably guaranteed to be be your competition next year.

KD didn't do something utterly terrible in leaving (although he made the Dubs a silly team).
OKC fans aren't doing anything bad for booing.
Chippy games with trash talk are a thing in the NBA. They happen sometimes

They didnt even draft him, Seattle did

Seattle fans smh.

That's all it takes to turn dudes into villains in today's NBA (see: James, LeBron).

Lebron also embraced the villain role more, and also famously had the finals game where he and Wade made fun of Dirk.

It's not enough to make him into villain still, but he took up the villain role a little more

Fjordson

Just fans that care way too much. It's silly, but what can you do.

The Seattle thing does make this all kinda interesting. OKC shouldn't even have a franchise lol.

The Seattle thing does make this all kinda interesting. OKC shouldn't even have a franchise lol.

This is the stupidest thing ever.

OKC fans have nothing to do with Seattle being screwed. And they aren't the first city to lose their team

jey_16

Banned

It's funny how when a player makes a decision regarding his future, he gets so much hate.

But when it's the opposite, and players get traded, cut, etc. They basically can't say anything or they get called out for it

Loyalty ain't worth it in this business

Fjordson

This is the stupidest thing ever.

OKC fans have nothing to do with Seattle being screwed. And they aren't the first city to lose their team
Who said they did...? Calm down. Just an interesting twist to the entire thing.

And they weren't the first, but it's unquestionably one the shadiest transfers of a franchise in modern sports.

TTG

They could have done what Miami did for Lebron and Wade, but it's fine. I saw some OKC Durant jerseys and there were plenty of people hanging around the tunnel entrance wanting high fives and cheering.

Credit goes to Oklahoma's arts and crafts game, those cupcakes were immaculately cut out.

salty ass fans who feel like just because their team drafted a guy they are entitled to control his entire life (unless of course he sucks or gets injured, in which case that loyalty proves to be a one way street).
I mean, moving to the bay area from the middle of Oklahoma is a move that anyone can be sensibly harassed and insulted for, right?

he took 3 steps after he last dribbled though....

That wasn't even close to a travel, that first step he wasn't touching the ball whatsoever

That's sports. It's stupid, it doesn't entirely make sense, but he's going to get booed. I would've booed him too, even though I don't care as much. It would've been weird for there not to be booing.

Top Bottom