• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

scoobs

Greens the dumbest player in the league, the shit he gets thrown out for is unbelievable. This is the same dude who literally cost his team the championship last year cuz he had to kick yet another person in the balls because he's too fucking selfish and hotheaded to control himself. I'm never surprised by anything that moron does.

TTG

I wonder how much that seat by Iggy costs? As close as those front row seats are, in Oakland there's one that's knee to knee with the end of the Warriors' bench, would love to have that seat for a game. I've seen him all animated with fans in that seat as well, having discussions and joking around.

You guys hate the best player on the Warriors far too much.

Hate Draymond, hate Boogie, etc. ???? Consistently the best while off the court, and the ones that drive their team forward on court

Hate Draymond, hate Boogie, etc. ???? Consistently the best while off the court, and the ones that drive their team forward on court
Terrible hot takes like this give me headaches

Green being a total dumbass, in other news water is wet. Dude just needs to dial it in and start acting his age at some point, doubt this will ever happen though.

TTG

The ones calling Draymond an idiot are the best. Dude is the best defensive "big" in the league at 6'7 and he should have had a DPOY by now. How do you figure that happens? Maybe he can secretly do 360s from the 3 point line, or are you buying into the he wants it so much more than everyone else narrative?

First pick here we come!

GO LAKERS!

It would take a hell of an effort to catch up with the Nets.

5FZ17Oih.jpg

scoobs

The ones calling Draymond an idiot are the best. Dude is the best defensive "big" in the league at 6'7 and he should have had a DPOY by now. How do you figure that happens? Maybe he can secretly do 360s from the 3 point line, or are you buying into the he wants it so much more than everyone else narrative?

You can be a good basketball player and still be a fucking moron. In fact, I imagine that is the norm.

We've all got that friend who's a genius, makes 6 figures, and got all A's in college, but the dude doesn't know how to work the damn dishwasher. He's a dumbass, but hes a gifted dumbass. Draymond is that guy.

Man I still can't believe the Nets are that trash AND they don't even have their pick lol. People can call the Knicks and Bulls the most dysfunctional franchises but that's a straight dumpster fire.

Man I still can't believe the nets are that trash AND they don't even have their pick lol. People can call the Knicks and Bulls the most dysfunctional franchises but that's a straight dumpster fire.

Billy King is due for another job somewhere where he can then leave the team in asset peril.

Terrible hot takes like this give me headaches

Green being a total dumbass, in other news water is wet. Dude just needs to dial it in and start acting his age at some point, doubt this will ever happen though.

I'm not saying he's their best player, but that I like him as a player more than any others...

Draymond is the most likable player on that Warriors squad by a wide margin

You can be a good basketball player and still be a fucking moron. In fact, I imagine that is the norm.

We've all got that friend who's a genius, makes 6 figures, and got all A's in college, but the dude doesn't know how to work the damn dishwasher. He's a dumbass, but hes a gifted dumbass. Draymond is that guy.

Any actual substance to that piping hot take?

scoobs

I'm not saying he's their best player, but that I like him as a player more than any others...

Any actual substance to that piping hot take?

He's kicked like 15 guys in the nuts in the last two seasons, and been top 5 in the league in technical fouls 3 years running? He was audibly hitting a bong in the middle of an interview on the Bill Simmons podcast. He kicked LeBron in the nuts in the NBA finals, got suspended for it, and blew a 3-1 lead in the process. He's an idiot. He's a dumb person. He's good at basketball though.

random25

Man I still can't believe the Nets are that trash AND they don't even have their pick lol. People can call the Knicks and Bulls the most dysfunctional franchises but that's a straight dumpster fire.

I'll categorize the Nets as "unfortunate" rather than "dysfunctional". They just threw away their future early on betting on the Celtics zombies, overpaid vets and Dud-ron Williams that just didn't work out, especially Williams who was supposed to be on par with CP3.

Think you might be the first non Warrior fan who likes Dramond the most lol.. He's not the most important player though, that's Curry and the difference is monumental. He's the only dude in the league that has Lebron-level impact but in different manners.

Dray is the GOAT glue guy though, and he has the DPOTY locked in unless people are sniffing glue when they vote. But he's a fucking idiot.

Surfinn

Battle for eighth seed continues to get tighter.

Who do you think will get the spot and who do you wish would get it?
KINGS

They've been working hard as fuck. They play with passion. If you look at their last like 15 games they've only had a few games that weren't decided by 5 points or less. They've been to OT a bunch this season. So many games decided by the last play. And they've done it through injury after injury, with lots of guys stepping up. They've beat the Cavs and the warriors, both of which went down to the wire.

And I've lost count of how many times they've come back from huge ass deficits.

He's kicked like 15 guys in the nuts in the last two seasons, and been top 5 in the league in technical fouls 3 years running? He was audibly hitting a bong in the middle of an interview on the Bill Simmons podcast. He kicked LeBron in the nuts in the NBA finals, got suspended for it, and blew a 3-1 lead in the process. He's an idiot. He's a dumb person. He's good at basketball though.

not to split hairs, but Dray didn't kick Lebron in the nuts.
Lebron hip tossed him to the floor, then stepped over him a she was trying to get up, Ref didn't call it, Dray then swiped at Lebron from behind, and Lebron didn't even know it happened till after the game. There actually wasn't even a foul called until several seconds later when they were fighting over a rebound.
Complaining to the press put a post game Flagrant which led to the suspension in play, and it was more a make up call for the non-suspension in the prior OKC series where he indefensibly kicked Adams in the nuts, and wasn't called for the knee in the nuts also to Adam as well.

But yes, that was a major reason that led the Warriors to not winning the very next game and wrapping up that series in 5.

and as a Warrior fan, Draymond can be an idiot at times. I honestly have no idea why he was soooo damn upset that Cousins made that toss up after he was clearly fouled by Draymond. why he pushed a single tech into a double tech ejection is beyond comprehension... and it will probably come back to haunt the Warriors in the post season again.

He can't get techs in the All-Star game can he?

But I'll be damned if his ejection didn't trigger what Kerr's on purpose ejection last time was supposed to. The Warriors woke the fuck up and served the Kings their last supper before All-Star break.

scoobs

Kick, hit, lick, whatever. It was a monumentally bone-headed move that actually destroyed his teams momentum in the NBA FINALS. Its not arguable, Draymond is an idiot.

Dray's playing the long game. He's making the Cavs think they can bait him into getting tossed in the Finals again and they're going to try so hard that they'll get one of their guys ejected instead.

Psychological warfare!

TTG

About kicking and technicals, it's almost as if people can be complicated and exhibiting bad judgement at times does not perforce mean low iq, basketball or otherwise. If you ran into Bill Gates at the mall tomorrow and he up and kicked you in the nuts, would that make him an idiot?

And again, since you idiots seem to be dismissing it: Dummies don't become the best big men defenders in the nba, not in modern times, and not at fucking 6'7.

Bonus round: Draymond lists every player drafted before him from memory, all 34 of them.

scoobs

Nobody is dismissing his basketball skills dude, we're saying he's an idiot, not a bad defender or something. Basketball IQ = good, Actual IQ = bad

Nobody is dismissing his basketball skills dude, we're saying he's an idiot, not a bad defender or something. Basketball IQ = good, Actual IQ = bad
Settle down. If you can make the distinction between basketball IQ and other kinds, you should be able to see that a lack of emotional control in competition doesn't make someone dumb. Otherwise, he'd be getting in trouble off the court all the time. He's a pretty sharp guy who loses control on the basketball court. I hate Dray but ya'll are so out of pocket I feel compelled to defend him.

Top Bottom