• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

TTG

Nobody is dismissing his basketball skills dude, we're saying he's an idiot, not a bad defender or something. Basketball IQ = good, Actual IQ = bad

lol, this is mind numbing.

What do you mean no? What he said is a fact. Warriors win it if Draymond doesn't act like a complete fucking idiot. I don't see how it's even arguable at this point.

Yea, you're right, 2 time MVP playing like dog shit and the starting center going out with an injury are moot.

lol, this is mind numbing.

Yea, you're right, 2 time MVP playing like dog shit and the starting center going out with an injury are moot.
The 2 time MVP was playing injured all tournament, so he has some sort of an excuse for his shit play. It never gets to players getting injured if Dray plays in game 5 because it ends there. He fucked up royally because of his ego. Of course LeReferee doing his best bird call for Silver to oblige helps, but Draymond should have never put himself in a position when they are given that chance.

Settle down. If you can make the distinction between basketball IQ and other kinds, you should be able to see that a lack of emotional control in competition doesn't make someone dumb. Otherwise, he'd be getting in trouble off the court all the time. He's a pretty sharp guy who loses control on the basketball court. I hate Dray but ya'll are so out of pocket I feel compelled to defend him.

THIS.

That same sort of emotion is also what makes him the player that is constantly pointing, calling out plays, guiding the traffic, playing help defense, yelling at teammates when the team is playing sloppy, etc.

KINGS

They've been working hard as fuck. They play with passion. If you look at their last like 15 games they've only had a few games that weren't decided by 5 points or less. They've been to OT a bunch this season. So many games decided by the last play. And they've done it through injury after injury, with lots of guys stepping up. They've beat the Cavs and the warriors, both of which went down to the wire.

And I've lost count of how many times they've come back from huge ass deficits.

I'm a Pels fan and they've beat the Cavs and the Spurs in the same week this season :p

So if not for my team I think I want the Mavs to take the spot. Although I think The Kings will get it in the end.

Marz

The 2 time MVP was playing injured all tournament, so he has some sort of an excuse for his shit play. It never gets to players getting injured if Dray plays in game 5 because it ends there. He fucked up royally because of his ego. Of course LeReferee doing his best bird call for Silver to oblige helps, but Draymond should have never put himself in a position when they are given that chance.

Who calls the NBA playoffs a tournament? Lmao

rambis

Banned
This argument makes no sense at all. If Steph was injured "all tournament" then he would have still been injured and playing like shit if Draymond didnt get suspended. He got hurt almost two rounds earlier. When he came back he was fine.

People act like it wouldve been a done deal but it was far from it. While Dray came back and was there best player Steph and Klay were still as shitty as they had been for the majority of the 13 finals games those teams played. I don't see how this would magically change if they had Draymond game 5 last year

Gigglepoo

I had this crazy dream that David Stern was back and picked Carmelo Anthony to be an All Star. Good thing that could never happen in reality.

It would take a hell of an effort to catch up with the Nets.

5FZ17Oih.jpg

A good time to be a Celtics fan...if they draft good.

Edit:

Actually...if they draft bad it's still a good time to be one.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
After Ball's dad claimed he'll be better than Steph I went and watched some film. What am I missing here? His shot has a low release and he didn't seem all too impressive. He will get eaten up in the league.

Bread

Banned
After Ball's dad claimed he'll be better than Steph I went and watched some film. What am I missing here? His shot has a low release and he didn't seem all too impressive. He will get eaten up in the league.
He has great range and phenomenal vision. His game is closer to Kidd than Curry. But Kidd with range is a scary thought.

Only people that like Draymond Green are warrior fans and Stephen A Smith .

I remember plenty of Cavs fans, and NBA fans in general, saying that they respected Draymond way more after that game 7 performance.

Green on Houston Floods

Draymond coaching Zaza, friendly chat with Kyrie

Draymond gets award for helping community
In November, Green partnered with the Oakland Marriott to provide a Thanksgiving luncheon for families and youth from the Richmond Police Activities League to celebrate the holiday with the Warriors All-Star forward.
• As part of the NBA Cares Season of Giving campaign in December, Green joined his teammates and 3,000 season ticket holders to support the #hashtaglunchbag movement by creating and delivering 20,000 lunch bags to underserved youth and families in the Bay Area.
• In December, Green joined the Clorox Company to take 30 youth from Covenant House, an Oakland homeless shelter which serves at-risk youth between the ages of 18-24, on a surprise Holiday shopping spree.
• Also in December, Green dressed up as Santa Claus for a Holiday Caravan to surprise families throughout the Bay Area with gifts for the holidays including 8-year-old Vallejo youth Kumar Polk, who was critically injured in a drive-by shooting last year, and his family.. Green also visited a local Kaiser Permanente hospital to drop off presents for youth spending their holidays in the hospital and additional families in the Bay Area.
• In March, Green joined The First Tee of the East Bay at Oakland's Acorn Woodland Elementary School for a school assembly and to encourage Oakland principals to enroll in The First Tee's National Schools Program to promote character development and life enhancing values through the game of golf.
• Also in March, Green hosted 13-year-old Je'Kob Ruscheinsky and his family from Las Vegas, Nevada for a Warriors game. Green met with Je'Kob, who receives chemotherapy treatments for Pars Planitis, pregame and shared words of encouragement and inspiration with him.
• On April 13, Green invited three underprivileged East Bay high school students to the team's NBA record-breaking 73rd win against the Memphis Grizzlies.
• Green participated in a variety of additional campaigns this season, including #LeanInTogether, an ongoing public awareness campaign focused on the role men play in reaching gender equality; and Not In Our Town, an anti-bullying campaign to stop violence and hate and to build safe and inclusive Bay Area schools and communities.

Draymond on National Anthem kneeling
I don't think I need to come out and do this national anthem protest because it's already been started; it's already a conversation. But, like I said, the question is, is there gonna be something done about it? Like, you could continue to kneel and do all these things, but if nobody's really trying to make the change—I think the number one problem is the people who see a problem with what he's doing because that means you're trying to focus on what he's doing and not focus on what he's talking about. And that's the problem that we have as a whole anyway.

Game 7 Warriors:

Draymond on Zaza's All Star Votes

There's also all of what he does on court, where oftentimes the Dubs look like a very different team if he's sitting out (unless Curry is on at that moment). He's typically the one calling out their mistakes, getting on them about defense, etc.

I don't hold peskiness, being rougher, trash-talking, being cocky against players. It's a part of hyping themselves up, doing the most they can do to win, etc. Yeah, you're only supposed to trash talk if you can back it up, but you won't get any trash talk if you harp on a player doing it and then being wrong.

Draymond is the only Warrior where I struggle to think of games where he doesn't show up. He generally keeps it real, and is awesome off-court.

That being said, when he kicks, yeah, he is seriously annoying.

Maybe Beverley just gives me a soft spot for a Draymond type player. But honestly, between KD joining the Dubs, Steph not showing up for 2 finals, and Klay not shaking hands with the Cavs/celebrating earlier in the series, yeah, Draymond is the most likable.

I don't understand how one can dislike Draymond. You just want a bunch of proper posh players in the league?
^^^^^^^^

Draymond is effective but anyone who complains after every call whether it was good or bad isn't going to be liked by the masses. I've seen him complain about fouls he purposely committed to stop a drive or something, it's absurd.

The problem if you're a GS fan is that you can't complain about what any other player is doing on the other team because you have Draymond on your team lol. He does it all and then some.

I want to go see a UCLA game while he's there, that team is fun as hell to watch.

I think he's an awesome college player, I just think some of his flaws will be exposed at the next level, namely his shot mechanics and his average for a PG handles and explosiveness. His passing and vision are top tier though, but for a franchise PG you have to be able to attack the basket and score and I question how effectively he'll be able to do that.

Bread

Banned
Draymond is so so good but he gets away with so much complaining. Dude needs to learn to shut the fuck up sometimes.

I think he's an awesome college player, I just think some of his flaws will be exposed at the next level, namely his shot mechanics and his average for a PG handles and explosiveness. His passing and vision are top tier though, but for a franchise PG you have to be able to attack the basket and score and I question how effectively he'll be able to do that.
His mechanics suck but he is a great shooter, which will at least give him the ability to play off the ball and spot up. I don't see him as a guy that carries a team to the finals but I think his skill set would be an amazing fit in Boston.

Kind of like D'Angelo, Im not high on him anymore. Im cool if they trade him and Randall, I just dont think his size is gonna work, and he has not outside shot.

Those two are expendable to me. I'd package them for anything.

Id also like to fire Mitch, and force Jim to resign. Im done.

This argument makes no sense at all. If Steph was injured "all tournament" then he would have still been injured and playing like shit if Draymond didnt get suspended. He got hurt almost two rounds earlier. When he came back he was fine.

People act like it wouldve been a done deal but it was far from it. While Dray came back and was there best player Steph and Klay were still as shitty as they had been for the majority of the 13 finals games those teams played. I don't see how this would magically change if they had Draymond game 5 last year
That I am back example is one of the dumbest things I've seen this past year. He played like a D league scrub for that entire game until the last 10 mins of that game. His separation and off the ball game was hot garbage throughout the entire PS run and the dude got blocked twice by an slow dude in Adams. He was blocked once in 800+ FGAs on 3s by Danny Green last season.

Calling Curry shitty in the 15 finals is beyond idiotic and wrong.

Ronin Ray

He is a very dear friend of the entire planet.

Captain Planet

I don't understand how one can dislike Draymond. You just want a bunch of proper posh players in the league?

I honestly don't know what proper posh means but you don't understand how people don't like a player who kicks people in dick then acts like a spoiled baby. O yeah it was also great when he got suspend in the finals and cost his team. He is a great amazing glue type guy who can take over games in different ways but he will keep costing his team.

I love draymond

dude's one of the best defenders in the league

So is Kawhi leonard and he doesn't need to kick players in the dick and act like a dick to do it.

Top Bottom