• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

spyder_ur

Nope. He is the person the Celtics would want to part with the most. Other teams know this.

Even if that were true, that doesn't mean he doesn't have value. Fortunately, the Celtics have a lot of relatively proven young assets. I think they'd give up Crowder more easily than him, though I agree they'd deal him quicker than Smart or Brown.

Tom Penny

Move Bradley for Noel then replace his scoring using the Memphis pick on Lou Willams for the bench. Smart starts. Maybe Bradley and filler for Vucevic.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Even if that were true, that doesn't mean he doesn't have value. Fortunately, the Celtics have a lot of relatively proven young assets. I think they'd give up Crowder more easily than him, though I agree they'd deal him quicker than Smart or Brown.

No way, crowder is a much better piece than Avery. I honestly don't think Avery has much value. His offensive game is limited and his defense is overrated.

Edit- Tom I sincerely doubt Philly parts with nerlens for ab.

Sanjuro

It is true though. Let's say we are talking with Chicago or Sacramento, they are looking for Brown/Smart/picks.

Bradley would be a higher value to a more established team dealing less. I'm not saying he is dog meat, but that is the way it is.

spyder_ur

It is true though. Let's say we are talking with Chicago or Sacramento, they are looking for Brown/Smart/picks.

Bradley would be a higher value to a more established team dealing less. I'm not saying he is dog meat, but that is the way it is.

Well I mean this is what I was responding to:

Avery Bradley's value is dick.

Having less value than Brown or Smart does not equal no value. Literally any team in the NBA would be thrilled to have Avery Bradley on their team, particularly the contenders. I agree for those particular suitors, he's less attractive.

Sanjuro

Having less value than Brown or Smart does not equal no value. Literally any team in the NBA would be thrilled to have Avery Bradley on their team, particularly the contenders. I agree for those particular suitors, he's less attractive.

I'm talking about the Celtics position though. We are trading to make a run. Teams making a run would be interested in Bradley. It makes less sense to trade him unless we are in some kind of future mode.

In that sense, his value is dick. Any team looking to fleece us is now looking at our other assets.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

But does a late first rounder really equate to much if that's what he could fetch?

spyder_ur

I'm talking about the Celtics position though. We are trading to make a run. Teams making a run would be interested in Bradley. It makes less sense to trade him unless we are in some kind of future mode.

In that sense, his value is dick. Any team looking to fleece us is now looking at our other assets.

But does a late first rounder really equate to much if that's what he could fetch?

They're not trading him for that, and they're clearly not trading him in a vacuum. All I'm saying is he's a valuable player. I agree that it's less likely he gets traded for all those reasons.

17 ppg scorer sits out 10 games after playing at a near all-star an all the sudden he's garbage...

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
They're not trading him for that, and they're clearly not trading him in a vacuum. All I'm saying is he's a valuable player. I agree that it's less likely he gets traded for all those reasons.

17 ppg scorer sits out 10 games after playing at a near all-star an all the sudden he's garbage...

To be fair I've been saying all year that his defense has been awful. Him and Crowder came in noticably sluggish. Crowder turned it around, Avery never did. Again they're advanced stats and don't tell the whole story but he is ranked wayyyyyyyyy down the list. He was terrible off and on the ball this year. He also doesn't move the ball well. He's not garbage, but I think his value is basically late first rounder. Take away the perception of "elite", defense and what do you really have? A good shooter, with a serviceable mid range game.

The stage is set for the kings to lose. Warriors coming off of a horrible loss and kings won 4 in a row.

But.. Believe.

Would be amazing/

Might even see half the fans at Oracle with crayoned over Kings jerseys by the end of the game

I wouldn't trade Smart for him.

Marcus has been playing great defense. Offensively, he can mold himself into a mini-Westbrook.

I don't think he will ever be a great point-man though.

I don't think he is overrated. I think he is injury prone and in the downtime you have seen that Smart is great defensively and Brown might be the best pick in his draft ultimately.

#Celticsfanstrades

Korver's fuck you 3 game is strong tonight

image.php

Korver and even Derrick Williams looking fantastic again. Hell, Williams threw a Love-esque pass to Korver who freaking Dunked it. Didn't even know Kyle could do that!

Sacramento weirdly keeping in the game, nailing 3s, Warriors looking sluggish, Boogie somehow makes a circus shot after he got a foul before Draymond does a double technical and gets ejected. Y'know, Draymond, the sort of player you DON'T want getting ejected when your team is looking sluggish and 2 of your bigs are out against one of the best centers in the game.

I have hope that Kings get this now

Man, Wiggins is literally the GOAT now that Lavine is gone. Holy fucking balls hes on fire.

RIP Jokic, you were going to be a great player too! Such a shame to lose someone with that kind of talent so early in his career. https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/832078187945459714

Lavine is still great, Wiggins is just in his natural position now

Top Bottom