• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 PS3 League | Season 1 | Real Money. Real Talk

6o32v6.png

Commish: viakado
Co-Commish: Diddybop

League Settings:
Opening night: Oct 19th @ 6PM
Difficulty: Superstar
Quarter Length: 10 minutes
# of Season Games: 30
Round Intervals: 7 days (Flex scheduling)
Playoffs: 4 rounds (best of 7 each)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2Ksports.com League site
Team Stats

Trades
Standings
Player Stats
Free Agents

Code:
[B][U][B][U]Gaf Handle             Team                      PSN                   AIM[/U][/B] [/U][/B]
1. viakado†           Lakers                    LeCorleones           viakado
2. Purexed†           Thunder                   ProfessaSkillz        professaskillset
3. Diddybop†          Celtics                   spgotnext             spgotnext 
4. rinse82†           Heat                      rinse82               rinse82
5. pistolpete2940†    Nets                      pistolpete294         kissmyairsbum
6. Dmncnby2k9†        jazz                      Dmncnby2k8            itzdaro13
7. thomasbk†          rockets                   TBKkiller
8. SamuraiX-          Kings                     SamuraiX-             SamuraiX780
9. 3rdamention        pacers                    Filth_Flannigan
10. Big Baybee†       hornets                   Big_Baybee            bigbaybee225
11. btothekw          warriors                  btothekw              btothekw
12. thauoftkidd       magic                     thauoftkidd           thauoftkiddPS3
13. Seattle6418†      Knicks                    FASJ6418
14. johnny_park       grizzlies                 johnny_park
15. MorisUkunRasik†   blazers                   Kursk
16. ecnaL             bulls                     ecnaL                 lanceleahy
17. RDreamer          Bucks                     RDreamer              r4dikaldre4mer
18. Smokey            Mavericks                 dbswisha              dboythagr8

† indicates paypal payment received.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Entry:
Paypal users: $20 Buy-in. Eligible for pot.
Non Paypal users: Not eligible for pot.
Refund: At the end of the 2nd week of the season
Prizes:
Season 1 Champion: $180 US
Finals loser: receives $20 US
Current Pot: $200 US
Sportsmanship Award: Receives a $50 Gift Card, courtesy of the Commish. Based on highest player feedback score. Feedback Form Here
Rules:

Points in the Paint PIP:
What we refer to as Dynamic points in the paint. League players shall not exceed no greater and equal to 50.9% of your total points.
Breaking this rule is an automatic loss.
i.e: if your total score is 100pts, your pip shall not exceed 50pts in the paint.
In the event both tams go over the 50% barrier, whichever team is closest to 50% wins the match.
Grace points: You are allowed 4pts above 50.9% barrier.

Manual Defense:
You must guard the ball handler at all times. If you are playing any type of zone, you must be the defender closest to the ball handler.

Types of Defense:
Any type of defense is allowed except for full court press.
Full Court Press is only allowed in the final 5 minutes of the game.
Let your opponent cross the midcourt line.

Trading:
No trading restrictions at this moment.

Scoring Average Cap:
Any player in the league shall not exceed his scoring average to no more or equal to 26.9PPG. You can still score 80pts in a single game. But if any single player on your squad exceeds the 26.9PPG barrier after the last game of the season, the team the player is on will forfeit his playoff eligibility. In the event this occurs, the team with the next best record in the same conference will take your place.

Game Forfeiting:
Communicating with your next opponent is vital. You MUST inform your weekly opponents when you are available by posting in this same league thread at least once. Failure to finish a game and not post in this thread is an automatic loss in any missed games. If both parties fail to post in this thread, i will have the duty of flipping the coin on who gets the loss.
Everyone has busy lives to live, please respect other people's time by giving your opponents the heads up on your availability.

Free Agents:
Free agents are not allowed to be picked up until AFTER end of the 3rd week.
team with the worst records gets first pick. 2nd worst record gets 2nd pick, and so forth
Click Here for the list of free agents.

Sportsmanship Feedbacks:
Everyone must fill out the feedback questionnaire. its only 6 questions. it'll take 10seconds to submit.
player with the highest rated feedback scores gets $50. you lose eligibility if you miss more than 4 feedbacks. if you dont miss a single feedback in a week. you are rewarded with 1 full point.

Challenge Rules
How it will work is the two participants will play a regular online game against eachother, 6 minute quarters using mirror teams. You will have to abide by the league rules for this game. After that BOTH players will be required to PM me some details of the game, including PIP and the final score. The better man will get to use that team!

Please note that you only get one challenge, and if you happen to lose the game you will get booted to the bottom of the list and will be required to wait until everyone is finished picking their teams. You will not have an opportunity to challenge for your 2nd or 3rd team. One game, one challenge.

Communication:

IRC Chatroom for both leagues.
use it for trade talks, smack talks. whatever
server: studio64.yi.org
channel: #nba-age

irc clients:
windows - use mirc or xchat
mac - colloquy

2K web irc chat (via mibbit.com)
Chatzilla(firefox extention)

Stream your games Live via Ustream:
2hdbsbm.jpg

ustream.tv/mobile/broadcaster

step 1:download app to your camera ready smart phone.
step 2: launch app in your smartphone and create an account within the app.
step 3: open your web browser and login to your ustream account page.
step 4: click on "go live" on the ustream app and your smart phone will immediately stream your content to your ustream web page. (i.e., http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/9831422 )

Controls:
13-page PDF Manual
Commissioner Notes:
N/A

DiddyBop

If any of you want to battle for a particular team the absolute deadline to do so will be sunday, october 17th

If your first choice is also someone else's first choice and you don't feel like playing for that team and will settle for your 2nd choice then feel free to do so. if you do feel like challenging someone then shoot me a PM and we'll try to get a match set up

Challenge Rules

How it will work is the two participants will play a regular online game against eachother, 6 minute quarters using mirror teams. You will have to abide by the league rules for this game. After that BOTH players will be required to PM me some details of the game, including PIP and the final score. The better man will get to use that team!

Please note that you only get one challenge, and if you happen to lose the game you will get booted to the bottom of the list and will be required to wait until everyone is finished picking their teams. You will not have an opportunity to challenge for your 2nd or 3rd team. One game, one challenge.

DiddyBop

Potential challenges so far:

rinse82 vs. pistolpete2940 for control of the Miami Heat

jonny_park vs. MorisUkunRasik for control of the Portland Trailblazers

thomasbk vs. Dmncnby2k9 for control of the Utah Jazz

thanks for the heads up guys.

DiddyBop said:
viak will be updating the OP with that list.
OP updated. please refer to the the player/team/PsID list. i will be updating accordingly.
if there is an error please let me or diddy know.

btw, i do believe thomasbk is challenging Dmncnby2k9 for the rights to play the jazz

[01:00] thecoldone: dude[purexed] slicked his way back in
[01:00] thecoldone: well tried to anyway
[01:00] viakado: He couldn't resist Gaf
[01:01] thecoldone: i still remeber his noble post banning himself forever
[01:01] thecoldone: he just came back with a mask on like it was the WWF
[01:01] viakado: Nacho Libre
[01:01] thecoldone: hahahaha

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ll-cool-j.jpg

You take a step because it's def and plus it's by CB.
Luke Smith on the fader, my right-hand man
We rock the bells so very well cause that's the name of this jam
Rock the bells

rinse82

PSN: rinse82

IN ON THE POT?: damn right.

pistolpete, when do you want to do this bro? i took friday off so i'm good all day that day.

EDIT: can I change my 2nd pick to the Wizards? No point having Orlando there, since someone has them #1 on their list with no challenge. Not saying I'm going to lose out on Miami, but just hedging :lol

Purexed

Banned
viakado said:
[01:00] thecoldone: dude[purexed] slicked his way back in
[01:00] thecoldone: well tried to anyway
[01:00] viakado: He couldn't resist Gaf
[01:01] thecoldone: i still remeber his noble post banning himself forever
[01:01] thecoldone: he just came back with a mask on like it was the WWF
[01:01] viakado: Nacho Libre
[01:01] thecoldone: hahahaha
:lol Slicked his way back in? I ain't got nothing to hide homeboy, viakado sent me an IM asking me to join and I accepted. He knew who I was from jumpstreet.

I took a year off from GAF and it was the best thing I ever did. Mods wouldn't reopen my account, so I had to make a new account.

SamuraiX-

viak, sorry to be obsessive compulsive, but I notice you keep forgetting to put the dash (-) at the end of my name. It doesn't matter on NeoGAF, but if you don't include that on PSN, then nobody will be able to add me. :lol

Just letting you know. :D

Amazon wasn't taking my card for some reason. Kept getting errors. Its fine now though. Game will be here Thursday. I need to get some time in with the full controls. Oh, and I'm paying to play. Why not?

Purexed

Banned
Here's my first and last post referencing the drama from Maddengate. In retrospect, what happened was an inevitability. When I joined started playing in that league years ago, my main objective was to win, decisively. Couple that with a brashness and confidence I exhibited, I didn't gain many fans. There were guys that really got under my skin, and I reacted childlessly and said some mean things that were out of character and out of line. As a result, I was asked to leave that league community and I accepted that. It was actually a blessing in disguise as I finally got off my butt and put in the work to get accepted into a prestigious university for grad school, something I put off way too long.

When I made the decision to come back, I knew some of the lifers here would notice my tag, and I'm fine with that. Needless to say, I'm not going to be a polarizing figure and I'm in the league that I want to be in. The feedback requirement will keep everyone honest, and the league will thrive because of it.

I hope i can get the game by october 19th. Store told me they are getting the game on friday and will ship it this day (Brazil).

PSN: FASJ6418

Since at first i thought classic teams would be avaliable, my list is incomplete.

So my preferred teams would be: Magic, Knicks, Mavs.

I´ll figure it out how to use those IRC things. I haven´t use it since... 1998 i think:lol

thomasbk

PSN: TBKkiller

Pot: I guess I can donate $20 to the winner!

I'm sure I'm going to be 0-30 since I havent played a basketball game in over 6 years (never played a 2k) and havent followed the NBA for more than that (I watch a few playoff games but thats it).

updated list. i've also sent out pms to those that haven't posted here yet.

seattle6418 said:
I hope i can get the game by october 19th. Store told me they are getting the game on friday and will ship it this day (Brazil).

PSN: FASJ6418

Since at first i thought classic teams would be avaliable, my list is incomplete.

So my preferred teams would be: Magic, Knicks, Mavs.

I´ll figure it out how to use those IRC things. I haven´t use it since... 1998 i think:lol
its real easy.
there's 3 ways:

1. one is via web browser by visiting mibbit.com. (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
and plugin in any name, preferrably your gaf name and clicking go.

2. using a firefox extension called. Chatzilla. once installed, just plug in this Url into the firefox address bar.
irc://studio64.yi.org/nba-age

3. the 3rd thing is using any traditional irc client like mirc or xchat for windows and colloquy for mac.
----------------------------------------
ps- im trying to figure out that stupid playstation site. its such a trainwreck of bloated coding.
is it possible to add friends via the website or only through the console?
for those who have it already. i'd like to to do some exploit testings with.
im usually home around 6pm PST

RDreamer

thomasbk said:
PSN: TBKkiller

Pot: I guess I can donate $20 to the winner!

I'm sure I'm going to be 0-30 since I havent played a basketball game in over 6 years (never played a 2k) and havent followed the NBA for more than that (I watch a few playoff games but thats it).
Im mostly in the same boat. Havent really played a basketball game since like Live 97.

And darnit i didnt want to have to play a challenge for the bucks :(

im exploring the option of doing a full 82 games for season 1.
in this case, the flex scheduling would move forward to the following week after 10 days instead of 7.
currently, a 40 game season + playoffs lasts about 2 months.
an 82 game season + playoffs would last well into February.

...or somewhere in between 40 games and 82 perhaps?
or is 40 games (2months) long enough for most of you?

what do y'all think?

rinse82

viakado said:
im exploring the option of doing a full 82 games for season 1.
in this case, the flex scheduling would move forward to the following week after 10 days instead of 7.
currently, a 40 game season + playoffs lasts about 2 months.
an 82 game season + playoffs would last well into February.

...or somewhere in between 40 games and 82 perhaps?
or is 40 games (2months) long enough for most of you?

what do y'all think?

I think 82 games would drag on a bit and end up feeling like a chore to complete. My vote's for keeping it at 40 and then maybe starting up a 2nd league if the 1st one is a success.

My .02

rinse82

One of the things to keep an eye on during testing is level of difficulty.

I'm finding it difficult to hit 3's at a realistic clip so far on Hall of Fame. I just went 0-10 with Gallinari with half of them being wide-open. Maybe I just suck at shooting though, I'll try it again with the shot feedback turned on in-game to see if it's my release.

rinse82 said:
I think 82 games would drag on a bit and end up feeling like a chore to complete. My vote's for keeping it at 40 and then maybe starting up a 2nd league if the 1st one is a success.

My .02
yeah, 82 games seems grueling.
rinse82 said:
One of the things to keep an eye on during testing is level of difficulty.

I'm finding it difficult to hit 3's at a realistic clip so far on Hall of Fame. I just went 0-10 with Gallinari with half of them being wide-open. Maybe I just suck at shooting though, I'll try it again with the shot feedback turned on in-game to see if it's my release.
try hitting a couple layups/dunks before chucking those 3s. i noticed the algorithm is pretty much the same from last year where your chances of hitting outside shots are greatly increased after one or two layups/dunks.

Also, i've been playing on HOF/8mins, and im only outputting in the 70s. will try 9-10 quarters. anyone else getting similar results?

EDIT:
added AIM column to the player list.
added how-to section for streaming your games with your smartphones via ustream

I am ready. Picking it up in 15 minutes. I would love to do some testing tonight with someone, I am the Pacers.

I am not going to pay with Paypal, cause I am not very good. First 2k Game since 2009 and I dont play a lot online. I am just participating to have fun since the GAF Leagues are legendary and people normally finish their games.

Have we found out if we can play less than 82 games? It would be nice to have 40 games or something and we could play a few seasons.

Add Me UP Yall, we can do some practicing/tweaking tonight. I am available after 9pm ET.

PSN ID: Filth_Flannigan

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
3rdamention said:
I am not going to pay with Paypal, cause I am not very good. First 2k Game since 2009 and I dont play a lot online. I am just participating to have fun since the GAF Leagues are legendary and people normally finish their games.
heh..... I stand corrected.. the last NBA game I played wasn't Lakers vs. Celtics.. it was NBA2K (the original) on DC... I seem to have about a 10 year itch on these games.. with that being said, $20 isn't the end of the world and I'd slap myself in the face if by some sort of luck I ended up winning and wasn't entitled to the pot.. lol

I'm not winning

thomasbk

Dmncnby2k9 said:
Psn: Dmncnby2k8
Aim: itzdaro13
In the pay pal pot. Hey thomas can i just get da jazz? :lol

I would give them to you, but you signed up to the Madden franchise and then dropped out! I'm not giving the Jazz to a quitter! You said your PS3 got busted, but still!

I'll think about it! ... You're getting them anyway cause I probably suck hard! :p

thomasbk said:
I would give them to you, but you signed up to the Madden franchise and then dropped out! I'm not giving the Jazz to a quitter! You said your PS3 got busted, but still!

I'll think about it! ... You're getting them anyway cause I probably suck hard! :p
:lol i sent off to repairs. Getting it back on Friday. Hey i mite still join the madden league if its still goin.

Got the game, played 2 games, I am ready to start trade talks, lol. Nah, I need a shooter and a big man for the Pacers.

This game is definitely tech. I need to really learn these controls. They continue to branch off of each other and I took a year off from 2k last year. Should be a fun league.

thomasbk

Dmncnby2k9 said:
:lol i sent off to repairs. Getting it back on Friday. Hey i mite still join the madden league if its still goin.

Yeah, it's still going with like 7 of us! :p I'll give you the Jazz if you join the franchise! :p

if you guys dont mind,
play with each other in the next few days with these settings: 9mins/HOF.
and report back:
total points
FG%
3pt%
off-rebounds/total
fastbreaks

i'd like to gauge data on that time/difficulty settings and create sliders that would best reflect nba stats or close to it anyways.

Top Bottom