• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 PS3 League | Season 1 | Real Money. Real Talk

played a game with diddy.
9min/hof.

LAL FG%: 38%
Celtics: 31%

i can't remember the score but it was somwhere in the 60s and 50s. very low. i like to have the league average clocking in at least in the 80s.
every other stat seemed realistic.
interior defense is good. but seems like offensive sliders need adjusting if we can manage to have PIP under 50% while having FG% above 40%.

DiddyBop

For people looking to scrimmage and for those of you that want to battle for teams, use these settings:

HOF
10 minute quarters
midrange shot success +3
3pt shot success +2
Fatigue rate +3

thauoftkidd said:
my aim is: thauoftkiddPS3 also a paypal participant
updated.
DiddyBop said:
For people looking to scrimmage and for those of you that want to battle for teams, use these settings:

HOF
10 minute quarters
midrange shot success +3
3pt shot success +2
Fatigue rate +3
Also, please report back your stats for this settings.
im interested to see what kind of stats weaker teams will get from these settings.

DiddyBop

If you and another person have the same first option for a team then my advice is to just let the guy above you take that team and go to your other options. Unless you really want that team or you're super confident you'll win. I'm just saying this because if you lose and your other two options are teams someone else wants you're gonna have to wait until everyone else picks their team first.

rinse82

DiddyBop said:
If you and another person have the same first option for a team then my advice is to just let the guy above you take that team and go to your other options. Unless you really want that team or you're super confident you'll win. I'm just saying this because if you lose and your other two options are teams someone else wants you're gonna have to wait until everyone else picks their team first.

I agree

*says guy at top of rookie list*

Although pistolpete has nothing to lose since his 2nd choice is the Nets :lol

RDreamer

DiddyBop said:

I'm not super confident I'll win. In fact I'm pretty confident I'd lose, but I really really want to play as the Bucks. I don't really follow any other team but them and the Bulls, so if I don't get them I guess I'm fine with whatever.

On that note, borghe, you'd be the greatest person ever if you let me have the Bucks.:lol

viakado said:
we'll be having a IRC chatroom conference tonight to tests exploits and share your thoughts on league sliders for anyone that wants to join.
lets shoot for 8pm, ok gents?
server: studio64.yi.org
channel: #nba-age

irc clients:
windows - use mirc or xchat
mac - colloquy

2K web irc chat (via mibbit.com)
Chatzilla(firefox extention)

What time zone?

my apologies.
pacific time.
8pm pacific.

match up with anyone in the irc chat. all PSids in the OP player list.
use recommended settings.
once finished, report back your stats and thoughts in the irc chat.
the faster we can nail down sliders, the faster we can scrimmage and practice with league sliders.

settings to use for custom games:
10min
hall of fame
fatigue +3
mid +3
3pt +2
real%: on

pistolpete2940 said:
Is the league going to be played with real % on?
that's what these test games are about. to determine whether or not real % will help create realistic stats and deflect cheesing. or the opposite.
the games with real% off, the fg% have been giving quite discouraging data.
that or i just suck and it will take a few more games to adjust.

ecnal

viakado said:
that's what these test games are about. to determine whether or not real % will help create realistic stats and deflect cheesing. or the opposite.
the games with real% off, the fg% have been giving quite discouraging data.
that or i just suck and it will take a few more games to adjust.

HOF requires, literally, perfect releases in order for shots to be successful. couple that with the typical amount of latency involved in an online game (~1 second) and you're not going to be shooting much better than 40 something %. maybe real shooting % will raise the total FG % on HOF though--worth a test.

but it looks like all-star/superstar with adjusted sliders is going to be the sweet spot this year.

i assume the 2K leagues have always been on HOF in the past because of how bad the CPU AI (especially defensively) is on lower difficulty levels--among other things.

DiddyBop

ecnal said:
HOF requires, literally, perfect releases in order for shots to be successful. couple that with the typical amount of latency involved in an online game (~1 second) and you're not going to be shooting much better than 40 something %. maybe real shooting % will raise the total FG % on HOF though--worth a test.

but it looks like all-star/superstar with adjusted sliders is going to be the sweet spot this year.

i assume the 2K leagues have always been on HOF in the past because of how bad the CPU AI (especially defensively) is on lower difficulty levels--among other things.

ive played with some league guys and shoot over 40% on avg. with the raised shot success rate HOF difficulty is fine for releases. there is just something about real shooting % that would make me feel even more disconnected from the action that is happening on the screen. half the fun is learning where your player likes the ball and perfecting their releases. real shooting % seems like it would take some skill outta things and leave it up to the computer 100%.

ecnal

DiddyBop said:
ive played with some league guys and shoot over 40% on avg. with the raised shot success rate HOF difficulty is fine for releases. there is just something about real shooting % that would make me feel even more disconnected from the action that is happening on the screen. half the fun is learning where your player likes the ball and perfecting their releases. real shooting % seems like it would take some skill outta things and leave it up to the computer 100%.

im not a proponent of real fg % for league play--assuming it works like real ft %, it removes too much user determination.

i still feel like HOF--specifically how it makes it so releases must be absolutely perfect for the game consider it to be a good release--is just not really optimal in an online environment.

i think your settings would work, or, what im gonna play with right now, your settings reversed (-3 3pt, -3 mid, etc) on superstar might work as well.

I am having all types of disconnect issues tonight. Anyone else? Game will play perfect then drop out around the end of the first.

rinse82

I sent Ronnie2K a message over twitter regarding the online disconnects, and his response was:

Ronnie2K
Alright that message means a divergence. We're looking into.

Whatever the hell that means.

ronnie is a pr monkey.
i take whatever he says with a grain of salt.
i still remember his countless lies back in the 2k10 fiasco.
with that said, its normal to have online bugs in the first couple of weeks of release.
i just hope the 2k engineers are up to the challenge.

rinse82

Ronnie2K
Servers restarted, trying to get you guys all playing with the small fixes.

lol, that reminds me of corporate tech support. If all else fails, reboot!

EDIT: Latest:

Ronnie2K
Is anyone still having this issue mid-game? We think that this has been fixed: http://plixi.com/p/49219050

Ronnie2K
OK a fix was put into place on the last reboot for the dropped connection issue. How is that going? Send me pics if you get in-game drop

I'll try when I get home.

I'm 1-3 online so far...............sigh. Should have won the last game. My one victory was against a Heat player, so theres that. I'm going to be playing this all night.

rinse82

Big Baybee said:
I'm 1-3 online so far...............sigh. Should have won the last game. My one victory was against a Heat player, so theres that. I'm going to be playing this all night.

so no disconnects tonight then?

My copy was shipped. I should get it by next friday.

I want to read the 13 page manual, but every time i hit the link i get a 404 error message.

I went to the 2k website, downloads, chose 2k11 and got no results. Is there any other place i can get this manual?

Does that link work for you guys?

lakers vs heat.
score: 53-52
HOF/9min/simulation sliders.
fg%: 40% and 37%
3pt: 7% 14%
pip: 28-30
off/rebound: 7/39 6/30

EDIT:
i also started a gaf crew.
everyone here should have received an invite.
from main menu>>teamup>>>crew invitations

rinse82 said:
so no disconnects tonight then?
My last game I was disconnected. But other than that, no real problems. Slight lag of course, no stuttering. Smooth.

Kado, my bad about denying your request. I thought you were just some guy from MW2 sending an invite.

thomasbk

viakado said:
lakers vs heat.
score: 53-52
HOF/9min/simulation sliders.
fg%: 40% and 37%
3pt: 7% 14%
pip: 28-30
off/rebound: 7/39 6/30

EDIT:
i also started a gaf crew.
everyone here should have received an invite.
from main menu>>teamup>>>crew invitations

I dont have a crew invite! :(

Top Bottom