• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 PS3 League | Season 1 | Real Money. Real Talk

new slider settings to try out for custom games:

10mins
difficulty:superstar
simulation sliders

tweaks:
3pt: 48
dunk in traffic: 25
quickness: 48

getting pretty good results in this one.
final scores in the 60-70s. and got in the 80s once.
let me know results and feedbacks would be appreciated

SamuraiX-

Hey, viak! Was that you who I played yesterday when we did Kings vs Pacers?

Good game, man. That was fun. haha

Why the Pacers though? I thought Lakers was your team?

SamuraiX- said:
Hey, viak! Was that you who I played yesterday when we did Kings vs Pacers?

Good game, man. That was fun. haha

Why the Pacers though? I thought Lakers was your team?
yeah, that was me. i test out sliders on how it effects strong teams and weak teams.

rinse82 said:
We still aiming for Oct 20th start? Few challenge games that need to go down.
oct 19 is opening night.
that should give everyone enough time to get the game, practice, tweak league sliders and possible newcomers that might join our league.

• Opening night is oct 19th. One week away.
• League invites and paypal info will go out this week.

-paypal participants:
viakado
diddybop
Purexed
rinse82
pistolpete294
Dmncnby2k9
thauoftkidd
thomasbk
Big Baybee
MorisUkunRasik
Seattle6418
borghe

total pot: $240

challenge games:
-thomasbk vs Dmncnby2k9 for the Jazz
-Seattle6418 vs thauoftkidd for the Magic
-MorisUkunRasik vs johnny_park for the Blazers
-RDreamer vs borghe for the Bucks

if you dont get your challenge games done in time, diddybop will have the delightful opportunity of assigning participants to a team.

• im looking for a site that offer free custom surveys and data managament. it will be for our feedback system for the sportsmanship award. So if you guys know of any sites, give me a holla. its either that or everyone pm me their surveys everytime they finish out their league games.:lol
edit:nevermind, i think google docs will suffice.

RDreamer

rinse82 said:
I'm 4-0 online so far strictly using The Bucks; they seem to be a very well-balanced team, I like em.

I love the Bucks, both in real life and in game. I just love how much depth they have. It also helps that they're pretty much the only team I know in the league. I followed basketball religiously years and years ago and got out of it until last year where I followed all of the Bucks games, but I really don't know any other team at all. That's why I hope I can play as them in the league.

Also, my AIM is r4dikaldre4mer

viakado said:
How long are we talking? And yes the knicks are available. :D
I'd need at least a week, funds are low.

Plus, I'm familiar with most of the rules of the GAF Leagues (MLB 10: The Show, Madden GAF). I have no clue of the 2K rules + why the heck isn't my man Smokey on the PS3 League?

The Frankman said:

Plus, I'm familiar with most of the rules of the GAF Leagues (MLB 10: The Show, Madden GAF). I have no clue of the 2K rules + why the heck isn't my man Smokey on the PS3 League?
Done. I'll put u down as the knicks
edit: bcuz smokey can't handle real money

ps3 league rules are quite similar to 360 league's.

thomasbk

I'll let Dmncnby2k9 have the Jazz! I'm horrible, so maybe he can lead them to the championship!

Do it for basketball John Stockton Dmncnby2k9!!

I'll have the Rockets then!

viakado said:
Done. I'll put u down as the knicks
edit: bcuz smokey can't handle real money

ps3 league rules are quite similar to 360 league's.
whoawhoawhoa i didn't say I'm joining yet. I need to see if I should buy the game 1st! Dunno if I'm still competitive, I haven't played 2K in quite awhile.

RDreamer

Great game Viakado. Really weird getting used to those settings and online. For a bit there I thought you were going to pull ahead and really cream me. That shot at the end was amazing. I toyed with the intentional foul the whole play. My finger was even on the button for a few seconds. Glad I didn't.

The Frankman said:
whoawhoawhoa i didn't say I'm joining yet. I need to see if I should buy the game 1st! Dunno if I'm still competitive, I haven't played 2K in quite awhile.
no biggie if you dont get it. we'll reserve the 18th spot as a cpu just in case someone else comes along and fills in the spot or use it as a bye week.
competitive and knicks dont belong in the same sentence.
RDreamer said:
Great game Viakado. Really weird getting used to those settings and online. For a bit there I thought you were going to pull ahead and really cream me. That shot at the end was amazing. I toyed with the intentional foul the whole play. My finger was even on the button for a few seconds. Glad I didn't.
yeah, awesome game. i didn't realize the bucks had so many young studs.

Smokey

The Frankman said:

Because I'm running the big boy league on 360 :p

thomasbk said:
I'll let Dmncnby2k9 have the Jazz! I'm horrible, so maybe he can lead them to the championship!

You better make me proud in this league brah

DiddyBop

Seattle6418 vs thauoftkidd for the Magic
-MorisUkunRasik vs johnny_park for the Blazers
-RDreamer vs borghe for the Bucks

Deadline is Sunday, October 17th, at 12 AM EST.

League invitations has been sent to players in red.
password is:
knickslol

please pm or aim your opponent to schedule a time for your challenge game.
deadline is this sunday. let me guys know if you need more time getting the game.
Code:
[B][U][B][U]Gaf Handle             Team                      PSN                   AIM[/U][/B] [/U][/B]
1. viakado*            Lakers                    LeCorleones           viakado
2. Purexed*†           Thunder                   ProfessaSkillz
3. Diddybop*†          Celtics                   spgotnext             spgotnext 
4. rinse82*†           Heat                      rinse82               rinse82
5. pistolpete2940*†    Nets                      pistolpete294         kissmyairsbum
6. Dmncnby2k9*†        jazz                      Dmncnby2k8            itzdaro13
7. thomasbk*           rockets                   TBKkiller
8. SamuraiX-           Kings                     SamuraiX-             SamuraiX780
9. 3rdamention         pacers                    Filth_Flannigan
10. Big Baybee*†       hornets                   Big_Baybee            bigbaybee225
11. btothekwn          warriors                  btothekw              btothekw
12. thauoftkidd*       magic                     thauoftkidd           thauoftkiddPS3
13. Seattle6418*       Knicks                    FASJ6418
14. johnny_park        grizzlies                 johnny_park
15. MorisUkunRasik*†   blazers                   Kursk
16. borghe*            bucks,bulls, mavs         camel75slayer
17. RDreamer           Bucks, Mavs, Hawks        RDreamer              r4dikaldre4mer
18. The Frankman       knicks                    TheFrankman86         TheFrankman86

Red highlight indicates participant is locked to designated team
*asterisk next to name indicates paypal participant.
† indicates paypal payment received.

2ksports.com PS3 league site is up.

in the league site you can:
- view and compare stats
- view team records
- live play-by-play box scores
- send and deny/accept trades
- view media

note: signing up for a 2ksports.com account is optional. the only required function on the site that requires an account setup is for trading. other than that, you can still view any aspect of the league site amenities.

--------------------------------------
also, i will be sending out my paypal info for paypal participants later today.
edit: paypal info has been sent.

thomasbk said:

Thanks you! Best bday gift ever :lol i will lead them to victory.

a couple of notes and changes:

Prizes:

Season 1 Champion: 100% of pot minus $20
Finals loser: receives $20 as a consolation prize
Current Pot: $240 US
Sportsmanship Award: Receives a $50 Gift Card, courtesy of the Commish. Based on highest player feedback score.

-------------------------------------------
Season length:
Season 1 has been reduced to 30 games. diddy and i spoke about this and we feel 40 games is too much just for 18 teams. In a 30 game season plus playoffs, we should be all finished by christmas. that will give us a break from league and start it up again early next year.

-------------------------------------------
Free Agents:
Free agents are not allowed to be picked up until AFTER end of the 3rd week.
team with the worst records gets first pick. 2nd worst record gets 2nd pick, and so forth.
And yes, im aware who's available in the free agent pool. :)

OK, my parents were in town visiting me, i didn´t had much time to play my copy (i got it from mail on monday).

Tonight i will be exploring the game, and i´ll try to get the challenge game done, and the paypal transfer.

RDreamer

viakado said:
i know league is 4 days away, but giving you guys a heads up that league can't begin until everyone has signed on to their team.

And you're really giving yourself a disadvantage by waiting, since you'll have less time to practice with them. That's why I really want to get my challenge going.. just can't get a hold of him. If I end up not with the Bucks I'm going to be angry because I could have been practicing with the other team for a while now.

rinse82

RDreamer said:
And you're really giving yourself a disadvantage by waiting, since you'll have less time to practice with them. That's why I really want to get my challenge going.. just can't get a hold of him. If I end up not with the Bucks I'm going to be angry because I could have been practicing with the other team for a while now.

yes, practice is key.

too bad i can't practice with the heat online (unless I'm scrimming with GAF guys), cause everyone would just quit at the team select if they saw that i was using them :lol

RDreamer

Is there a deadline for these challenges and what happens if they're not done by them? Because as I said, I've got no word from borghe yet.

RDreamer said:
Is there a deadline for these challenges and what happens if they're not done by them? Because as I said, I've got no word from borghe yet.
sunday night, right diddy?
if borghe is MIA until opening night im sure the bucks will be defaulted to you.
until then. keep practicing.

thauoftkidd

Neo Member
challenge against FASJ6418 complete. lag was an issue, but i was able to achieve the win.

Orlando Magic are officially my team.

Final score: I was the home team

stats from the game.

Proof of playing the user.

Good Game all in all.

congrats thauoftkidd.
Seattle6418, since your second choice are the knicks, you are now defaulted to them.
both of you may sign in now.
good luck to the season.

2 challenge games left:
johnny_park vs. MorisUkunRasik for the blazers
borghe vs. RDreamer for the bucks

viakado said:
congrats thauoftkidd.
Seattle6418, since your second choice are the knicks, you are now defaulted to them.
both of you may sign in now.
good luck to the season.

2 challenge games left:
johnny_park vs. MorisUkunRasik for the blazers
borghe vs. RDreamer for the bucks
You can give the other guy the blazers since he's doing the paypal thing. I'll just take the grizzlies.

RDreamer

Still nothing from borghe. Even if I do get word, I really wasn't planning on playing anything tonight. I had plans. That's why I messaged him like a week ago. I wanted to get it done.

johnny_park said:
You can give the other guy the blazers since he's doing the paypal thing. I'll just take the grizzlies.
very gracious of you, johnny. that means one challenge game left.
RDreamer vs. borghe for the Bucks.
Everyone else may sign in.

RDreamer said:
Still nothing from borghe. Even if I do get word, I really wasn't planning on playing anything tonight. I had plans. That's why I messaged him like a week ago. I wanted to get it done.
the only indication i have of him is that he was online 6 days ago. so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt. If he's still MIA by tuesday, you'll be given the bucks and he will be defaulted to his secondary team (Bulls). I was hoping everyone would sign in early so that we are given a couple days to practice with league sliders. i guess that wont be the case now.

Code:
[B][U][B][U]Gaf Handle             Team                      PSN                   AIM[/U][/B] [/U][/B]
1. viakado*†           Lakers                    LeCorleones           viakado
2. Purexed*            Thunder                   ProfessaSkillz
3. Diddybop*†          Celtics                   spgotnext             spgotnext 
4. rinse82*†           Heat                      rinse82               rinse82
5. pistolpete2940*†    Nets                      pistolpete294         kissmyairsbum
6. Dmncnby2k9*†        jazz                      Dmncnby2k8            itzdaro13
7. thomasbk*           rockets                   TBKkiller
8. SamuraiX-           Kings                     SamuraiX-             SamuraiX780
9. 3rdamention         pacers                    Filth_Flannigan
10. Big Baybee*†       hornets                   Big_Baybee            bigbaybee225
11. btothekwn          warriors                  btothekw              btothekw
12. thauoftkidd*       magic                     thauoftkidd           thauoftkiddPS3
13. Seattle6418*       Knicks                    FASJ6418
14. johnny_park        grizzlies                 johnny_park
15. MorisUkunRasik*†   blazers                   Kursk
16. borghe*            bucks,bulls, mavs         camel75slayer
17. RDreamer           Bucks, Mavs, Hawks        RDreamer              r4dikaldre4mer
18. The Frankman       knicks                    TheFrankman86         TheFrankman86

Red highlight indicates participant is locked to designated team
*asterisk next to name indicates paypal participant.
† indicates paypal payment received.

Top Bottom