• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

Have read about numerous CPU AI beast mode adjustments to make the game more "competitive". When you get to around 20 points up sometimes the cpu becomes unbeatable and you start throwing airballs for easy baskets that you previously made look like child's play. On the flipside I have also read this also occurs if you get too far behind and you become a beast in scoring while the cpu plays a little more dumb.

Have also seen a few videos where there is less than 20 seconds left in the 4th quarter. The "myplayer" player gets subbed off with the time remaining, but when the game ends the scores go up by a whole lot more (eg: scores were 67-88 but when the game ends the score showed 88 - 127). Takes the whole scripted storyline thing to an unbelievable level.

ViciousDS

Banned
It feels a little crazy to even be thinking this, but I'm rooting for NBA Live to be really good this year. 2K has been my go to for years, but they are getting complacent. Last year was a disappointment due to all the microtransaction bullshit and horrible menus...and this year really hasn't improved on many of the on court legacy issues I was able to forgive last year but can't do it this year. Hopefully Live can light a fire under their ass to produce something exceptional next year.

I hope so as well......I just don't understand how contact layups go in almost 99% of the time but a wide open layup by the AI on your team misses.........what the serious fuck, I must have 11 javale mcgee's on my team.

edit:
Have read about numerous CPU AI beast mode adjustments to make the game more "competitive". When you get to around 20 points up sometimes the cpu becomes unbeatable and you start throwing airballs for easy baskets that you previously made look like child's play. On the flipside I have also read this also occurs if you get too far behind and you become a beast in scoring while the cpu plays a little more dumb.

SERIOUSLY! catch up on a fucking sports game.......wow I understood some racing games had them.......but for the love of god, putting catchup in a sports game is the most stupid shit ever. I'm sorry, but blowouts happen in the NBA all the time.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
from most of the previews, it seems like Live is at least playable this year.

I'm rooting for them, but it's difficult for me to get my hope up when they're already talking about all the improvements they'll make for Live 16.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
how are you guys entering locker codes? that option is gone for me since i cant connect online to 2k servers

how are you guys entering locker codes? that option is gone for me since i cant connect online to 2k servers

you could just do it in the app but if you can't connect to the servers idk if you could claim it anyway

and to the guy complaining about not winning ROY don't you get your first contract in like february?

Guffers

I'm still struggling away despite my better judgement. Finally managed to win a game against the CPU which was rewarding.

Also PC guys, the first patch is out and the performance increases are huge. Microstuttering is 100% gone for me. I was stuttering like crazy at 1080p, now I'm maxed out at 1440p with 4x AA and its buttery smooth.

Huge props for 2K for a very meaningful patch.

Hasney

Game is doing everything I can to make sure I lose the first playoff round against the Bulls

PresentMaleIndianabat.gif

That was Game 2. Now at game 4 and everytime I'm benched, they go at last 10 points clear just to make sure they're not swept.

^^ Entered the code into the mynba2k5 app and said it was accepted, but nothing happened after that. I guess I have to wait until I can connect back to the 2k servers with my ps3?

Also, thanks to the server issues, I've actually been enjoying season mode with a fantasy draft. I like my rotation, even though I've got some guys playing out of position. I don't sub out my wing players (6 min quarters), just my bigs and PG since they get fatigued the most. I started using the right stick more often with Bledsoe to get to the hoop to a lot of success lately.

pg - eric bledsoe/beno udrih
sg - wesley matthews/delfino
sf - nic batum/harkless
pf - anthony davis/channing frye
c - derrick favors/birdman birdman

Smokey

Does anybody know how to activate the celebrations in MyPark? I have a ton equipped but I don't see where to activate them. Not the taunts and dances, but the ones you can do after making shots or dunks.

Korezo

This game is trash, I gave up on HoF, now I just play in rookie and I'm now just trying to grind out the badges by making every shot so I can use in MyPark. This game is a piece of shit. I knew it was going to be garbage, never planned on buying it but recieved it as a gift from my sister.

It's pretty shitty that when an opponent does his boxing out animation, you basically get sucked into it and have no chance to get a rebound.

Had my first A+ game in MyPlayer, first one in ages in general (could NEVER get one in NBA 2K13 closest i got was A-, whereas I was doing it virtually every game in 2K11 and 2K12).

Managed to score a career high 57 points (have scored in the 80's in past 2K's) topping my last best score in the 40's. Funny thing was with 4 minutes to go in the 4th I thought I was going to be stuck on 43 as nothing I was throwing that quarter was successful. Stole the ball off Tony Parker and after that fast break layup I just hit shot after shit after shot. Also grabbed 10 rebounds, 10 assists and a handful of steals. I caused a few turn overs (lol moment making Patty Mills have a back court violation).

AcridMeat

Banned
What are you on? 12 minute quarters?

I picked the Heat in the off season, didn't want to ruin the Warriors by them not using Curry (I'm a PG). Much more fun but the game is still riddled with bullshit. I did get my first triple double though and just before I stopped playing they finally traded away one of our point guards for a shooting guard so they'll hopefully stop moving me to SG as soon as Wade is taken out.

Oh that's one thing after the change, Wade sucks ass, can't hit a jumper to save his life. Meanwhile when we played the Spurs I think duncan was around 8/11 and Leonard dropped around 30 on 15/17. -_-

This game is trash, I gave up on HoF, now I just play in rookie and I'm now just trying to grind out the badges by making every shot so I can use in MyPark. This game is a piece of shit. I knew it was going to be garbage, never planned on buying it but recieved it as a gift from my sister.

Why not just play on all-star or superstar? I don't get this mentality at all. 'The game plays a little wonky on the most extreme difficulty! It's trash!'

Korezo

Why not just play on all-star or superstar? I don't get this mentality at all. 'The game plays a little wonky on the most extreme difficulty! It's trash!'

The game isn't a little wonky, and HoF is the only way to get x2 VC so the other difficulties are a wast of time to me. I rather play less game and get max vc than more games and less since this game is so bad, but since I max my guys stats im a just grind rookie for badges.

mbmonk

So for those that play online quick games ( I don't know what the mode is called, it's the online mode where the current NBA rosters are used for the teams ), is everyone really picking Cleveland? I am guessing Cleveland, Clips, and OKC. I ASSume nobody picks the Spurs despite them being highly ranked.

Is the Lebron unstoppable freight train still going in 15? He was pretty hard to stop in 14, almost impossible.

What are you on? 12 minute quarters?

I picked the Heat in the off season, didn't want to ruin the Warriors by them not using Curry (I'm a PG). Much more fun but the game is still riddled with bullshit. I did get my first triple double though and just before I stopped playing they finally traded away one of our point guards for a shooting guard so they'll hopefully stop moving me to SG as soon as Wade is taken out.

Playing as PG
Correct in assuming I am using 12 minute quarters, but I'm currently only getting 23 minutes per game, not yet a starter.

Originally hated the Utah Jazz as my first few games with them were pretty dodgy - I couldn't score and neither could they when I passed it to them. Once I started playing better, so have my AI team members.

It's pretty shitty that when an opponent does his boxing out animation, you basically get sucked into it and have no chance to get a rebound.

Thats the purpose of boxing someone out.
Depens on the opponent player tho, if he's worse than your guy and no big size difference is there, you can unbox yourself.
It is shown in MyCareer tutorial somwhere down the road.

Thats the purpose of boxing someone out.
Depens on the opponent player tho, if he's worse than your guy and no big size difference is there, you can unbox yourself.
It is shown in MyCareer tutorial somwhere down the road.
It just doesn't make sense with the distance I'm standing away from them once they turn around to box out, players are sliding across the court for a bunch of silly reasons, during picks and during passes.

Double D

Couple of questions -

When am I going to see my old friend again and get this shoe deal?

What dunk packages are you guys using? I'm specifically trying to find the one that will let me dunk over fools like Vince Carter.

Anyone else getting a lot of offensive 3 in the keys? Sometimes I'll pass from the paint and it's like my feet are glued to the ground.

Are voice commands on PS4 working for anyone?

Bonus question from the media - So you just pulled off a double double with 30 plus points but your FG% was under 50%. How do you explain your terrible performance from tonight?

Takuan

Got sonned by Stephen Curry last night. He's the only guard I can't defend worth a lick since he's always running you off screens for open treys. And when I do get a hand in his face or a help defender contests his layup, the shot falls anyway. Frustrating as hell... but he's that good IRL, so I can deal.

Hey guys on the PC are there any modes that will let a couch buddy team up w me to play online w another steam friend? I've only played mypark so far so I haven't checked

cacophony

how do you run plays for certain teammates? in Smoove's vids he presses circle and picks a player but I dont know what to press after that

holy shit some of the Press conference responses.. question was about me shooting threes and one response was called "LOL." and my guy said "pffft..... print that."

Clevinger

how do you run plays for certain teammates? in Smoove's vids he presses circle and picks a player but I dont know what to press after that

You hold circle for pick and roll. Hold it until the icon turns red for pick and fade (the person who sets the pick will try to get open for a jump shot instead of driving to the basket).

To call plays in mycareer you have to be playing a point guard (you can't call plays if your asshole coach moves you to shooting guard either). You hit L1, then button icons will pop up over your teammates and you. Hit whichever button for the teammate (or yourself). Then a list of plays will pop up. You select the one you want with up, down, left, or right on the dpad.

cacophony

You hold circle for pick and roll. Hold it until the icon turns red for pick and fade (the person who sets the pick will try to get open for a jump shot instead of driving to the basket).

To call plays in mycareer you have to be playing a point guard (you can't call plays if your asshole coach moves you to shooting guard either). You hit L1, then button icons will pop up over your teammates and you. Hit whichever button for the teammate (or yourself). Then a list of plays will pop up. You select the one you want with up, down, left, or right on the dpad.

ok thanks

Gustavoh

Neo Member
Hi everybody, I'm a big basketball fan and my last NBA 2K was 2K13 on the PC. I don't really play online, I'd rather play offline season/franchise mode. Also, I deeply despise microtransactions in general, even more so when they get in my way during regular offline play. I'm tempted to buy 2K15 but really hesitant after the whole VC fiasco last year and their perennial server woes (which may even affect single player modes and saves, it seems). So, should I still buy it or not?

Top Bottom