• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

Hi everybody, I'm a big basketball fan and my last NBA 2K was 2K13 on the PC. I don't really play online, I'd rather play offline season/franchise mode. Also, I deeply despise microtransactions in general, even more so when they get in my way during regular offline play. I'm tempted to buy 2K15 but really hesitant after the whole VC fiasco last year and their perennial server woes (which may even affect single player modes and saves, it seems). So, should I still buy it or not?

i don't think myleague (franchise) uses VC for anything, you can just earn it in that mode to use in the online modes. It's a lot better than 2k13/14 with the next gen update.

ViciousDS

Banned
Was great....shut down LeBron and could only score 6 points. on 20% shooting or so. Bruiser really helps....need to upgrade sooner to do some defensive work

We barely beat the Cavs....got some assists to DRose who went ham in the fourth

maladroid

This is my first NBA 2K, and I must say, I've developed a love-hate relationship with it. Only really interested in MyCareer and play as a point guard. I'm not very good at it, and so I pretty much have as many assists as I do turnovers.

Kkx0bo.gif

I don't really get how I can get away with this (I was trying to pass to Ariza, the guy right in front of me), but what seems like a pretty straightforward pass on the wing leads to turnovers.

When I do pass, team mates don't take open shots, miss open lay-ups (then rebound and then get it in anyway), or pass it off for their own assist. Is this meant to simulate team mates being incompetent, or do I need to do something different? Do I need to learn to run plays? I don't touch any of the L1 stuff, and just use O for pick and rolls.

Also, I don't like wasting time on after-basket cuts. Every time I start a game, I have to change it, since I can't find it in the out-of-game settings. Is there a way to turn these off permanently?

cacophony

no myplayer teammates are just morons. they pass up open shots to drive in straight into their defender and take a contested jumper. it's impossible to run pick and rolls most of the time.

and its annoying when I pass it to players and they randomly cut left or right immediately after I pass and the ball gets intercepted

This is my first NBA 2K, and I must say, I've developed a love-hate relationship with it. Only really interested in MyCareer and play as a point guard. I'm not very good at it, and so I pretty much have as many assists as I do turnovers.

Kkx0bo.gif

I don't really get how I can get away with this (I was trying to pass to Ariza, the guy right in front of me), but what seems like a pretty straightforward pass on the wing leads to turnovers.

When I do pass, team mates don't take open shots, miss open lay-ups (then rebound and then get it in anyway), or pass it off for their own assist. Is this meant to simulate team mates being incompetent, or do I need to do something different? Do I need to learn to run plays? I don't touch any of the L1 stuff, and just use O for pick and rolls.

Also, I don't like wasting time on after-basket cuts. Every time I start a game, I have to change it, since I can't find it in the out-of-game settings. Is there a way to turn these off permanently?

There was a way to turn off after-basket cuts in 2k12 but I'm not too sure if they changed that. Might be in camera?

Are you playing on Hall of Fame? As far as I know your team mates won't shoot unless you are playing on HoF.

You can force your teammates to shoot by pressing square right after you pass them the ball. Though sometimes I feel like this makes them miss more wide open shots than they usually would, but at least it stops them from pump faking until the defense comes and then trying to shoot.

And no even last year dumbass 2K made it so settings changed in game don't save, so after basket cuts have to be manually changed every game.

maladroid

There was a way to turn off after-basket cuts in 2k12 but I'm not too sure if they changed that. Might be in camera?

Are you playing on Hall of Fame? As far as I know your team mates won't shoot unless you are playing on HoF.
When you're in game, you can change it in the 'gameplay' settings. You can also change it in the gameplay settings menu outside of MyCareer, but not inside it, which means I manually have to change it each game.

Since I'm not very good, I just play on the default difficulty. The thing that bugs me is that sometimes they shoot, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they make the right cuts to the basket, sometimes they don't. Just looked at the manual and it mentions something about using the touchpad to do heatchecks. Maybe I should try that.

BlackFlip, when I borrowed my friend's PS Eye, I'd naturally yell out shoot it, and was surprised when it'd recognise that. Can you only hit right after you pass? I'll try it out next game.

Sup NBA2K gaf/NBA fans and gaf lurkers,

Sorry this is a bit OT but NBAGAF is getting together for a casual (no buy-in, all fun) Fantasy Basketball League if anyone wants to join here:

Right now there is 0 slots open. Also the draft time is a temporary. Still waiting to get everyone locked in before we set a time.

Praise Bynum and keep on keepin on

edit: league full

Xclash

can't grow facial hair

Sorry this is a bit OT but NBAGAF is getting together for a casual (no buy-in, all fun) Fantasy Basketball League if anyone wants to join here:

https://yho.com/nba?l=135985&k=3ad4891b8c4be20b

Right now there is 4 slots open. Also the draft time is a temporary. Still waiting to get everyone locked in before we set a time.

Never done a fantasy league with Gaffers so it should be fun.

schaft0620

https://yho.com/nba?l=135985&k=3ad4891b8c4be20b

Right now there is 2 slots open. Also the draft time is a temporary. Still waiting to get everyone locked in before we set a time.

I want in but can we draft monday night? Season starts Tuesday.

knee

Changing the setting in game only applies to that game.

Changing the setting in the main menu makes it apply to everything.

maladroid

Changing the setting in game only applies to that game.

Changing the setting in the main menu makes it apply to everything.
Thanks for trying to help. I've tried to change it outside of the game, but the changes don't stick. For my purposes, there are 3 levels of settings: Main Menu, MyCareer and In-game. The after basket cut option is only present in the first and last of these settings. I change it in the main menu, load into MyCareer, start a game, and the after basket cuts still happen.

It's not that big of a deal, but just on a longer list of minor quibbles I have with the game (soundtrack, clunky instant replay, opposition bench players/refs obstructing my shot metre, etc etc). The last of those listed is probably my fault for developing a reliance on the metre.

This face scan in nba 2k15 is absolutely frustrating
"We momentarily lost track of your head"

Why is it this complicatied?

This face scan in nba 2k15 is absolutely frustrating

Why is it this complicatied?

I don't know what makes it such an issue for some people and not others. I did it twice and got great results both times. Other people can't get it to work at all. It's really strange.

Double D

Anyone having luck posterizing in MyCareer? I know they toned down last year's dunkfest, but my 'Athlete' bar is totally maxed out (95 driving dunk) and I've bought a few dunk packages but I can't dunk if there's a guy in the paint, even if he's not in front of me.

I've only been lucky enough to do a contact dunk once, I didn't even have that much momentum, I was sprinting from the freethrow line after a crossover with an athlete of 11. It really seems like luck.

Clevinger

My athleticism bar is around 3/4s full and I get a couple contact dunks a game now. Even posterized LeBron.

I've been playing on pro lately though. Might be a lot easier on that setting.

ViciousDS

Banned
Anyone having luck posterizing in MyCareer? I know they toned down last year's dunkfest, but my 'Athlete' bar is totally maxed out (95 driving dunk) and I've bought a few dunk packages but I can't dunk if there's a guy in the paint, even if he's not in front of me.

you might want to grab the badge and upgrade it.....high pick and rolls on 12 minute quarters in rookie is the easiest way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrhWKfVG9EU

I don't even care about badges, the requirements for them are so over the top.

I do like that you have to earn it, but I feel like it should be similar to FIFA where once you've done it enough, you can get that badge? Something like that. Or if you average a certain number of type of plays over a stretch, you get it.

I hate how the game, every single year, forces you to play like an asshole to get certain things. Like last year when the coach said "Score 10 straight points with nobody else getting any points!" So I have to stop them for 5 straight possessions and be a total ballhog for 5 possessions? Go fuck yourself coach!

Double D

Lol. Yeah Doc is a shapeshifter in my game as well. He's morphed into nearly every coach in the league. What's even better is when he gives pep talks to the opposing team.

tookhster

Thanks for trying to help. I've tried to change it outside of the game, but the changes don't stick. For my purposes, there are 3 levels of settings: Main Menu, MyCareer and In-game. The after basket cut option is only present in the first and last of these settings. I change it in the main menu, load into MyCareer, start a game, and the after basket cuts still happen.

It's not that big of a deal, but just on a longer list of minor quibbles I have with the game (soundtrack, clunky instant replay, opposition bench players/refs obstructing my shot metre, etc etc). The last of those listed is probably my fault for developing a reliance on the metre.

This is a dumb glitch that's been in the 2K games for like the past 3 years. I found out how to fix it by myself recently. You have to press circle/b (or start?) during a CUTSCENE and change the setting, and it'll stick forever. It's really inexcusable that you have to do this to make changes stick, but so far that's the only way to do it.

cacophony

playing on superstar and the AI is just as shit as HoF

50% of the time I pass to my teammates they literally pass it back less than a second later. randomly cut in front of defenders when I pass, etc.

i just go full Kobe every game and drop 40

Like the last few years, I've pretty much abandoned myplayer in favor of just playing exhibition games. I may do a fantasy draft season as well.

MyPlayer just kinda sucks. They've never been able to really make it a mode worth playing IMO. It doesn't feel as good as just playing regular games, and the grind to get your player to a decent level is ridiculous and in my eyes has always been geared towards trying to push people to purchase VC.

Teammates seem extra stupid in MyPlayer, they aren't that dumb in regular games. At least this year they actually run plays for you, but I still don't find it fun really.

When you play regular games, this game is almost like art its so amazing, such an awesome simulation of the sport.

Nobody can complain about grinding VC when they are chucking it at you via the 2K app, Sunday I got 3000 and yesterday 2400.

Yes they could chuck some more your way when it comes to myCareer but they know people will just buy VC with real money (me included) but once you get a full contract the VC earned per game rises nicely couple that with HoF x2 and you are rolling in it.

Nobody can complain about grinding VC when they are chucking it at you via the 2K app, Sunday I got 3000 and yesterday 2400.

Yes they could chuck some more your way when it comes to myCareer but they know people will just buy VC with real money (me included) but once you get a full contract the VC earned per game rises nicely couple that with HoF x2 and you are rolling in it.

I didn't realize you could earn VC in the app... is it easy to do?

Motherfucker, my center got the volume shooter badge :(

It's like getting a curse in Bomberman that you can't get rid of

wtf! I shot 16-29! I didn't cross 30, and I was efficient!

x Misogi

the only badges i've gotten so far was screen slipper and the pet size up one. I tried playing on HoF with the pacers but went back to superstar because NOBODY would make their shots.

Smokey

Motherfucker, my center got the volume shooter badge :(

It's like getting a curse in Bomberman that you can't get rid of

wtf! I shot 16-29! I didn't cross 30, and I was efficient!

Is volume shooter bad? What does it do? Do badges carry to park

You got some catching up to do son. You lost valuable time over those 4 days

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Volume shooter makes you get cold if you don't take shots over a period of time.

but at the same time you can get hot just by shooting and some people were talking about not getting tired by chucking shots so its not that bad. Its not like you are playing within a system where you can get cold if you are shooting 30 times anyway.

I wonder how it works with cool and collected and unfazed. I imagine they mitigate the penalty from volume shooter nicely.

Anyone else find the pick and roll to be completely broken? Every pass to the screener is a bounce pass that gets deflected.

You have to know how to attack and space properly in order to pick and roll properly and you don't always have to pass to the roll man especially if the help defender rotates properly. Read and React to the Hedger on the Pick and Roll. Sometimes you have to take a wide angle to create space and sometimes you just have to attack him and be mindful you have shooters on the wing and the corner. If you beat the hedge man, keep pushing and watch for where is the help coming from and pass it to his man.

Top Bottom