• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K16 |OT| This Time With Less Cheese

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytIMRj6lFy0

I get my scout on, was looking up the top teams to see how they play. Hesi 3 + Jamal Crawford + Screens when they're in the halfcourt.

They also try to steal every pass, like all of em. But if you watch the video, the team that beat them went to a 3-2 and is a lot bigger than HG on the perimeter.

In the comments is worthingcolt the HG gang dude. His page has some of their pro am wins uploaded.

Holy shit these dudes beat a team by 100.....
Saw a comment colt made saying when they scored 90-100 they were getting high scores. We gotta figure out how to score more points.

I wanna play better but I'm not really interested in playing like those assholes. I'd rather just enjoy the game by trying to run more plays and seeing how cohesive we can get with different lineups and I think we all enjoy playing at different positions and different styles. Sometimes I like being a soft C, sometimes not, and same with wing players and whatever.

Not that I dislike it but it can become a chore when the game is the same stuff over and over again.

I think we both were talking about Road to the finals. They had some of those games on their page and it looks like it we need to score around 100 to get a real good score. We have games where we score 70-80 so we just need to find a way score 15-20 more points a game and probably allow about 10-15 less points than we usually do. Phee, abu, and grbac are really good and we have a few other pretty good players that I think we could make a run.

But hell nah I don't want to do the same shit every game either. I will cheese my ass off with 250k on the line though lol

But don't we have to score 100 and the opponent not quit? That seems almost impossible to do

Lol yeah. they were somehow able to do that shit though. Try were beating a team 105-11 before one team quit. We need to find those dudes! We were able to beat one team by like 50 and they didn't quit the first practice day but it's gonna be hard to do 4 times.

We might be able to do it if we found one of the later dates when everybody is free all day and play it as much as we can.

Scoring 100 seems like you guys would have to pick up the pace by a lot and rely on Break Starter meta. 100 pts in roughly 10 mins of possession time, that's almost 4 possessions a minute WITH only 3s.

I agree with Phee tho, it becomes a chore playing the same style sometimes. And defending hesitation 3 cheese is the worst. I despise playing against legends on 2s just because I know I'm in a long game of kobe, hesi 3 cheese. The worst thing about it is that I usually can contain it about 80% of the time but they just keep doing it. It drains my soul man.

abuC

Scoring 100 seems like you guys would have to pick up the pace by a lot and rely on Break Starter meta. 100 pts in roughly 10 mins of possession time, that's almost 4 possessions a minute WITH only 3s.

I agree with Phee tho, it becomes a chore playing the same style sometimes. And defending hesitation 3 cheese is the worst. I despise playing against legends on 2s just because I know I'm in a long game of kobe, hesi 3 cheese. The worst thing about it is that I usually can contain it about 80% of the time but they just keep doing it. It drains my soul man.

I think to qualify you generally have to play cheesey ball to run up the score, but if we qualified we could try other things in the playoffs. We can try playing possession basketball, milk the clock with a big lineup, run plays and make sure we eat up the entire shot clock so if they play fast every miss or turnover by them is costly. Also I think against teams like HG with the small guards having bigger guards that can post up while our bigs are outside could work.

I never see any guards posting up in this game, I think it could work as long as the ball is swung as soon as the inevitable strip attempts come and our bigs are outside the paint, having a rebounding small forward that can rebound over the smaller guards as well.

Guards don't post up because majority are outside quards. I'm not sure how much a difference inside is however since strength should still be the same.

it's really hard to post up in the game even as a big man. I feel like it's impossible to pull off a true iso there with good spacing. I feel like the opponent either swarms you (which would be good) or a teammate always makes a cut and then messes up timing and spacing (which can be good unless you're getting doubled and they're cutting bringing a third guy over)

abuC

Guards don't post up because majority are outside quards. I'm not sure how much a difference inside is however since strength should still be the same.

I've seen Sizzle post up a few times and it worked well, his guy is an SF that plays at SG a lot so there's almost always a size difference.

it's really hard to post up in the game even as a big man. I feel like it's impossible to pull off a true iso there with good spacing. I feel like the opponent either swarms you (which would be good) or a teammate always makes a cut and then messes up timing and spacing (which can be good unless you're getting doubled and they're cutting bringing a third guy over)

The court is too small and the players recover so quickly it makes it difficult, but with the wings posting up the help would be slower since big men in this game are so thirsty to block shots they'd probably double down leaving people open.

That team we played that had their PG at Center had the right idea, they just didn't surround him right, like the PG, SG and SF should have been maxed out in height, while the PF should have been small too lol.

Apollo

Banned
I would hate to see what your 2k would play like. Defense is the best it has been in years.

No it's not and far from it...things I see happening like players rotating for no damn reason. Coming off their man their suppose to guard to come help you when you don't need it. Shit transition defense. Horrible defense by the CPU when guarding the pick and roll. Or your center standing out of bounce just to let the CPU score.Only thing better this year is on ball defense and that's it. Even after making that post I went to youtube and other message boards to watch and hear tons of ppl complaining about the same thing. You are probably not playing Pro AM with users but us ppl that play the CPU see the horrible D in this game.

lol WTF

f4e7d565163663a391a346aba1c6a6e6.0.jpg

abuC

I saved the clip of Billy playing off the ball, just to give an idea of what he was doing, he put all of his 3 point shooters in the game most of whom are bad defenders, and started switching off of them as I passed the ball to who they were guarding. The primary defender he had on Wade at that point was Kyle Korver, I could get around him when he was under Billy's control but when the CPU took over Kyle turned into prime Gary Payton. He said he couldn't guard Wade, no shit, you have Kyle Korver on him.

I generally don't care about wins and losses, my two most used teams in Play Now online are the Kings and Blazers so I'm used to tough games. But playing 2 and a half games of man to man then switching to full off the ball on HOF is some lame shit, he was losing before he did that too. His rationale was that he couldn't guard Wade, well I couldn't guard Tim Duncan man to man so I called for a double anytime Duncan caught the ball.

abuC

LOL, we're so up and down, I think we could win the road to the finals if we got in, the problem would be against the bad teams. That's the second time we've beaten a top ranked team only to lose the next game to a really bad one that has no place even being within 20 of us.

LOL, we're so up and down, I think we could win the road to the finals if we got in, the problem would be against the bad teams. That's the second time we've beaten a top ranked team only to lose the next game to a really bad one that has no place even being within 20 of us.

I have no doubt we could be really good, but I think we'd have to communicate a lot more. I feel like nowadays we're more interested in just screwing around with different lineups and using different style of players. But yeah that second team was crap, I personally was a part of the problem cause I'm not necessarily screwing around on purpose but I don't really start playing until I feel a bit threatened.

abuC

I have no doubt we could be really good, but I think we'd have to communicate a lot more. I feel like nowadays we're more interested in just screwing around with different lineups and using different style of players. But yeah that second team was crap, I personally was a part of the problem cause I'm not necessarily screwing around on purpose but I don't really start playing until I feel a bit threatened.

I was more to blame, my little PG is fine against 5'7-6'7" outside PGs, when it's a player that's 6'4" or more and inside that goes to the rim my little guy just bounces off them. I could stay in front of him but once our guys came into contact an animation triggers where I get bumped off them and lose a step, same thing happens to them when I press on offense and get the slip by animation.

Lol yeah I was thinking about this earlier. We should start taking a 5-10 min break after beating good teams.

I wish RTTF started later tomorrow I'm not sure how early I can get on.

abuC

Lol yeah I was thinking about this earlier. We should start taking a 5-10 min break after beating good teams.

I wish RTTF started later tomorrow I'm not sure how early I can get on.

LOL, we continue on our randomness, how did we lose to that 23-24 team, then beat a 66-3 team that was ranked 84th.

We're like the ultimate hot/cold team.

abuC

lol I can't remember who played in which games but I'm just gonna blame billy blatt

lol, I can't either.

I've been playing Play Online lately, and man has pro-am made me so much better since it forces you to defend. Everyone in the HOF level is playing off the ball while I play on ball, and they don't realize I can lead pass to whoever they're defending for an easy two. Less than 100 games and I'm in the HOF, should be on Greatest of All-time level in a day or two with my most used team being the Kings lol

abuC

Arec, what level rebounding is your big PG?

Also, Demarcus Cousins is a monster in play online, they adjusted his sliders so now he trails plays and stops at the 3 line calling for the ball. The opposing center almost always sinks to protect the lane while Boogie is just standing there for a wide open three calling for the ball.

abuC

For right now, it's Level 2. I have it at 30 rebounding so that I can push it to 75 with practice drills and boosts. Still trying to see if I can get break starter.

Oh wow, you were grabbing boards over my center, I know if you run in with sprint you can rebound well but still surprised it's only 2. I want to max out my rebounding because pushing the break off rebounds is a huge advantage from what I've seen, leaves people scrambling.

im considering making a balanced player, max height. I think a 6'8 SG max speed is like 75. I need those Park dunks lmao. It's hurting me that I can't unlock them.

Eh, will probably stick with PG. SG has better post game but the athleticism for PG is too good to pass up. Only thing stopping me now is the badge grind. Not in the mood to do that.

Yeah I am working on a 6'6 inside SG, basically a Jordan clone, but I am doing it for fun. I'm not gonna grind or spam moves or sim out...just for fun. Perhaps he will one day be unleashed when ready!

My PG is versatile enough and has size to be able to play the 1 and 2 well. I love having him at the 2 next to another point because having two floor generals is great.

lol damn. I hit free agency and the timberwolves showed me 100% interest and offered me 38 minutes and 450 VC. everyone was about 300 or lower and 25 minutes or lower

I was able to negotiate up to 500 VC and I got the max contract trophy

abuC

LOL, this guy in Play Online used the Cavs and put LeBron at center, I was using the Kings. I put WCS in the game and had him matchup with LeBron because they gave him a B in perimeter defense you can do this sort of thing, played like 5 feet off LeBron and his game completely fell apart. It doesn't help that he kept playing off ball defense with LeBron while defending Cousins so Boogie had 20 at the half and he didn't realize Boogie could hit threes lmao.

abuC

I've tried using the Warriors and my god, they feel like a cheat code. I know some people have difficulty using them but if you move the ball they are like god mode enabled. Especially with that lineup of death with Green at C and Iguodala at PF, have it set to crash defensive boards and Green can get rebounds to push the break.

I think people are just trying to score 1 on 1 with Curry and that doesn't work as well since he's better in real life than the game. If you move the ball though they are incredible, I had 23 assists on 27 made shots.

I've tried using the Warriors and my god, they feel like a cheat code. I know some people have difficulty using them but if you move the ball they are like god mode enabled. Especially with that lineup of death with Green at C and Iguodala at PF, have it set to crash defensive boards and Green can get rebounds to push the break.

I think people are just trying to score 1 on 1 with Curry and that doesn't work as well since he's better in real life than the game. If you move the ball though they are incredible, I had 23 assists on 27 made shots.

Yea people don't know that. Well, people don't really play team basketball. Iso with the teams PG, etc. Everyone on GS is basically a shooter minus Bogut and yet people want to try to emulate Curry in real life. That's how most of my friends play, pick GS or Cavs. They still get destroyed by my Hawks tho.

abuC

Yea people don't know that. Well, people don't really play team basketball. Iso with the teams PG, etc. Everyone on GS is basically a shooter minus Bogut and yet people want to try to emulate Curry in real life. That's how most of my friends play, pick GS or Cavs. They still get destroyed by my Hawks tho.

Yup, everything is isolation, I get that Curry can do it in real life but the developers had no idea he was going to play like this so he's not as good in the game.

The Cavs are easy for me to deal with, you just play off LeBron and most people start forcing threes even though he's terrible from there. Someone that knows how to use GS and whips the ball around is a pain to deal with, same with the Hawks, even though Korver is having a down year, Horford/Millsap trail plays and can knock down threes.

I had this one play I used to abuse in 2K15. I forgot what it was called but it was money. Iso at the top of the wing with the PG, double screens on both sides with Millsap and Horford. Depending on which screen you take, I usually go middle which means Pick and Pop option for Millsap or Pick and Roll. Pick and Pop usually is the open shot but if those options are defended well, on your drive to the basket, you have Korver waiting for the 3 in the corner which means his defender helps or gives up an open layup. Or you can dish it to Carroll for another open 3 if Carroll's defender helps on Korver lol. I think it was like 1 Swing 4 or something.

I can't have chase down artist cause a 6'6 max speed is 78 and you have to be 80 if you're a guard

fuck

whatever though, the badge list is growing, we at 18 and got many more on the way

fuck

I got the dreaded volume shooter badge lol. i don't understand how I have not gotten microwave and unfazed though

I can't have chase down artist cause a 6'6 max speed is 78 and you have to be 80 if you're a guard

fuck

whatever though, the badge list is growing, we at 18 and got many more on the way

fuck

I got the dreaded volume shooter badge lol. i don't understand how I have not gotten microwave and unfazed though

Is that with boosts? I know for a fact that you can get badges with boosts from practice and VC but Chase Down Artist just isn't popping up for me. I'm gonna look it up on OS.

didn't try a boost yet but I will

I hate that I got volume shooter. I am not a volume shooter but this fucking game makes you one when you hunt badges! i really hope this doesn't affect my guy. i hope eventually unfazed and microwave can cancel that shit out

didn't try a boost yet but I will

I hate that I got volume shooter. I am not a volume shooter but this fucking game makes you one when you hunt badges! i really hope this doesn't affect my guy. i hope eventually unfazed and microwave can cancel that shit out

I got all of them on my SF and I don't take many shots in ProAM. Doesn't seem like Volume Shooter effects it that much.

MyPark is such a joke. 7'3" Centers are ridiculously overpowered in this game.

6'6 Guards with a bit of rebounding completely outclass them haha.

abuC

I had this one play I used to abuse in 2K15. I forgot what it was called but it was money. Iso at the top of the wing with the PG, double screens on both sides with Millsap and Horford. Depending on which screen you take, I usually go middle which means Pick and Pop option for Millsap or Pick and Roll. Pick and Pop usually is the open shot but if those options are defended well, on your drive to the basket, you have Korver waiting for the 3 in the corner which means his defender helps or gives up an open layup. Or you can dish it to Carroll for another open 3 if Carroll's defender helps on Korver lol. I think it was like 1 Swing 4 or something.

I don't have any money plays mostly because I use a ton of different teams, my record with the Kings is 20-10 and 2 losses were disconnects. What I do now though is I set offense for 4 out 1 in & freelance if the guy I'm playing against uses off the ball defense, you can just lead people right to the rim without a play because most off the ball defenders are asleep at the wheel. I just made someone quit while using the Magic vs the Cavs, he kept playing as LeBron and I would lead Fournier out to the 3 line for open threes then he started overplaying it and I would cut back in as soon as I got the ball lol. Made him quit in the 3rd, he cut it to 5 before I ended the quarter on an 8-0 run.

I think the Cavs are the easiest tier 1 team to play against, everyone tries to use LeBron and you just play off him and have your guys double when he drives.

I just randomly got chase down artist after completing 3 point shooting drills in practice

what

How many blocks do you have? I have close to 40 and it hasn't popped up yet. I can't remember when I got it on my SF. It's irritating me because I don't want to play any more games lol. I can max out my 6'6 PG at any time but have been holding onto my upgrades because of Break Starter.

How many blocks do you have? I have close to 40 and it hasn't popped up yet. I can't remember when I got it on my SF. It's irritating me because I don't want to play any more games lol. I can max out my 6'6 PG at any time but have been holding onto my upgrades because of Break Starter.

Probably somewhere between 45-55 is my guess

i got my 50 tipped passes where is my interceptor badge

I hate this game I am going to sleep

apparently under accolades you can count how many times you tipped a pass

you know what is absolutely fucking hilarious? if you intercept the ball it doesn't count. it has to be an actual tip. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE BADGE IS CALLED? INTERCEPTOR!!!!!

50 officially tipped passes. and no badge

going to game stop

Haha I don't even count for interceptor. I still need to get it on my SF.

Finally got Break Starter and Chase Down Artist on my PG. I can finally make this guy a 99.

I'll max out everything but Playmaker since I have two levels in Rebounding but a +1 in ball control and +3 in the passing won't make that much of a difference honestly.

NBA 2K16 is on sale on Steam for $30. Is it worth it at that price? How does it compare to the PS4/Xbox One versions? Also, if anyone is familiar, does the Steam Controller work well with this, or would I be better off sticking with a dual analog gamepad?

NBA 2K16 is on sale on Steam for $30. Is it worth it at that price? How does it compare to the PS4/Xbox One versions? Also, if anyone is familiar, does the Steam Controller work well with this, or would I be better off sticking with a dual analog gamepad?

Honestly, unless you're a huge basketball sim guy, it's not worth it. The better features of the game require a community and 2K PC support is trash. MyCareer is also trash.

Top Bottom