• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K18 |OT| 1,000 VC needed to enter thread.

ViciousDS

Banned
Yeah the mypark frame rate issue still isn't fixed. Awesome.

giphy.gif

legend166

Oh I'm getting some GREAT use out of this 4.8K VC exploit. Fuck VC and Fuck 2K.

Had an interesting talk with co-workers today about this game, we're talking about our players, archetypes, teams etc, and when we get to talking about ratings and I say 70....they clowned me for it lmao. They all proudly paid for VC to max out their characters to do better in online games with no regret.

Times are a changing man, people are really being conditioned slowly to think 'paying to be good' is something normal.

This is literally western consumerism in a nutshell, so we shouldn't be surprised that it's moving into the virtual space (since everything else is). The same people that spend $300 on a pair of jeans, $250 on sneakers, $500 on a wallet aren't going to have any qualms spending $200 to get their virtual basketballer up to scratch.

Deception

They need to do something about free throws in My career. I should not be a SG shooting 60% from the line. You almost need a perfect release every time to even make one, let alone two.

Omg this new okc team is complete ass in my career. We can't shot, rebound or play defense, we've gotten blown out by 30+ in 2 games and are currently 3-6 on the season. This is offline so no vc glitch to make my player good, i have to play through this. I'm playing on the switch btw, and this is a offline save file to play in portable mode on my commute.

hyp

welp, they patched the MyLeague VC yet again and people are still experiencing some major issues. priorities.

Patch of the VC exploit but can't fix the game lol

Apparently east and west is divided? Explains the pro-am team arena issue

Squad invites still don't work properly.

Edit: btw, you can still do the VC glitch if you didn't patch. I was doing it while the patch was downloading.

deadfolk

Still not touching the career until they fix the save corruption.

Improved framerate/audio syncing during tunnel/locker room scenes in MyCAREER

Are these the only cutscenes people were complaining about on Switch or was there other stuff?

hyp

I'll never buy a 2K game again. Also not on stores with no refund policy...

this was my second 2K game ever bought and i'm opting the fuck out next year as well. what a terrible MyCareer experience, and them patching up ways to gain VC before fixing major problems exposes how crooked this company is.

atr0cious

Yes. Get it.
Besides the vc shit, the game really is enjoyable on the switch. Took it to work last night and worked on my franchise during a break. Split joycons are the way to play any game for me so it's even better.

Speaking of, any new vc tricks?

deadfolk

If EA don't swoop in on the Switch and save us all next year, they're leaving money on the table.

Huh. Who'da ever thought we'd looking at EA as saviours???!!?!?!

Is the Switch version good?

I'm ok with the lesser visuals and 30fps.

I'm ready to pull the trigger if it's not a mess.

The only bad thing on the switch version is that the cutscenes in my career are bugged (slow motion video full speed audio) however the "story" is so garbage you should just put the game down and walk away for 5 min anytime a cutscene starts anyways.

Man I cant hit jumpers or miss a lot of open layups, I never had this problem before in past 2k games smh. I dont know why they change the shooting now

Tubobutts

Anybody else preorder from Amazon and still not receive their preorder stuff?

Man I cant hit jumpers or miss a lot of open layups, I never had this problem before in past 2k games smh. I dont know why they change the shooting now
My solution to that was to delete my 3pt shooting/Driving&finishing SG and make a 7'3" center who just dunks. I'm leading the NBA in fg% and I've taken 4 shots outside the paint.

Takuan

Luke said:
Fun fact: my review copy came loaded with VC. It would take someone not buying additional VC over 200 games to get to this level.
Nice to see this confirmed. I imagine the game would've fared quite poorly if reviewers had to play the game like the rest of us normals.

Comments said:
And really, any game that wants you to pay money to not play it is terrible in my book.
Re-quoting for emphasis.

Crazyorloco

Damn. I'm not a fan of Kotaku's articles, but lately they have been on point. I like that they're putting awareness on this topic. Other sites seems afraid to.

the comments are gold as well

"If MyCareer is an RPG, and this review is to be trusted...this is an RPG where the only way to level up at a reasonable rate is to either fork over money; otherwise, you're forced to play the game at its absolute worst. Having microtransactions means that the developer has every reason to make playing extra matches and doing drills boring, because they want you to skip it, because if you skip the grinding they get extra money.

And really, any game that wants you to pay money to not play it is terrible in my book."

The only bad thing on the switch version is that the cutscenes in my career are bugged (slow motion video full speed audio) however the "story" is so garbage you should just put the game down and walk away for 5 min anytime a cutscene starts anyways.

I think they actually fixed that in the latest patch. I'll test it out tonight.

lol but yeah I would literally put the switch down cook dinner and come back to play. Such a bad bug. There was even one time where I fell asleep while playing because I was bored watching the screen and nothing happening in it.

GIVE US THE OPTION TO SKIP THESE CUTSCENES
Pay 50,000 VC: SKIP 4 CUTSCENES

Even without the switch slow video/quick audio bug, the cutscenes are so bad. How many times do I need to see someone dancing? or gyrating their hips? lol

Karish

Apparently being fixed in patch that is imminent

I have a OV77 player that excels at layups and dunks when looking at stats/attributes, but I still miss a lot of lightly contested layups during both offline and online play. On the Playground it sometimes even looks as if the ball physics act unrealistically just so I don't get my points. 2K's way of telling us we need to buy (more) VC, I guess?

jmizzal

So they patched the VC glitch but didnt fix people not getting VC for online play now games, 2K really has their priorities in order.

What would be the purpose of this? Just shorter times?

Shorter times so you can just cash out on the salary VC and do more drills faster. After you get your endorsements, it kinda adds up. Playing games aren't really worth it either as its faster doing certain drills for badges/upgrades.

Top Bottom