• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'd just have to pray that Indiana's front office loves Kevin Love and Cedi Ossman. Then throw the whole MLE at a quality 2-way bench player.

No way I do that if I'm the PAcers, however,

LeBrON hAs A LoSiNg ReCoRd iN tHe FiNalS

spongebob.jpg

TTG

LA get the red carpet ready. Lebron is coming

Nah. Kyrie outscored Curry putting up 30+ a game, he's the best running partner Lebron has had, sorry old D Wade. You figure JR and Thompson can play in the first 3 games the way they did in the last 2. You could get another great player for Love. There's still no competition in the East.

Lebron isn't going anywhere.

Rvaan

Banned
LA get the red carpet ready. Lebron is coming

I'd a Lebron jersey if he did that. Not because I'm an LA fan, but because that would mean Lebron would have sold Dan Gilbert a ring at the cost of Gilbert's pride, 10s of millions of dollar for Lebron's boys, mortgaging their next couple of drafts, and the final slap in the face of taking his talents to Laguna Beach.

Turning point was the no call where KD fouled LBJ pretty obviously on that dunk. He should've been sitting rest of half. All kind of unraveled after that.

After that point though game turns into a huge blowout if JR isn't knocking down some insane 3's. I think LBJ waited a bit too long to take game into his own hands as a scorer, playing bully ball. He started doing that when they were already down 10 and they just kept trading buckets.

He was incredible in these Finals, though. I don't put any blame on him. Much different series if KD doesn't steal game 3 with that ridiculously clutch pullup 3. In the end we got 3 blowouts and 2 (well I actually thought the Cavs blowout was a fun game to watch so I'll say 3) entertaining games...a lot better outcome than I initially expected.

Anyone else think Curry was the actual MVP of Finals? Things still ran quite smoothly without KD when he went down this season. I don't think they're as good if Curry goes down.

KD benefits enormously from a healthy Curry's very presence, the attention he draws. It's a large reason why he can have shooting performances like 15-20 or whatever he shot tonight. Is he deserving of Finals MVP? Sure, I just think Curry is more valuable. Damn near matched LBJ by almost averaging a triple double himself.

Anyone else think Curry was the actual MVP of Finals? Things still ran quite smoothly without KD when he went down this season. I don't think they're as good if Curry goes down.

KD benefits enormously from a healthy Curry's very presence, the attention he draws. It's a large reason why he can have shooting performances like 15-20 or whatever he shot tonight. If he deserving of Finals MVP? Sure, I just think Curry is more valuable. Damn near matched LBJ by almost averaging a triple double himself.

It did seem to me like Curry had to deal with more double teams than Durant as well.

KD benefits enormously from a healthy Curry's very presence, the attention he draws. It's a large reason why he can have shooting performances like 15-20 or whatever he shot tonight. If he deserving of Finals MVP? Sure, I just think Curry is more valuable. Damn near matched LBJ by almost averaging a triple double himself.
not even close, he barely showed up. he only does good when GS is up big.

Boogs31

They'd be much better off trading him for picks.

I imagine the Cavs would have to throw in more than just Love to get George. George is a better player. What if the Cavs threw in a future first round pick as well? This current Cavs team might not be together as long as people think. A future pick from Cleveland could end up being pretty valuable.

LionPride

Banned

They ain't winnin game 3 without Iceberg Slim

KD had 32+ with some nice ass defense all series

Stop being wrong

Boogs31

George wants to go to LA. Why would Cleveland get rid of Love for a one year rental?

Because LeBron is 32 and you don't know how long he's going to stay. Might as well give yourself the best shot at a title while LeBron is still near his prime. This Cavs team with George instead of Love would probably be the favorites over the Warriors next year.

I imagine the Cavs would have to throw in more than just Love to get George. George is a better player. What if the Cavs threw in a future first round pick as well? This current Cavs team might not be together as long as people think. A future pick from Cleveland could end up being pretty valuable.

I think a lot of teams could beat that offer with better and more certain draft picks.

Because LeBron is 32 and you don't know how long he's going to stay. Might as well give yourself the best shot at a title while LeBron is still near his prime. This Cavs team with George instead of Love would probably be the favorites over the Warriors next year.

They would not be the favorites.

CD'S BAR

They need a bench though, too. That's their biggest flaw. Really backfired this series.

Fjordson

KD benefits enormously from a healthy Curry's very presence, the attention he draws. It's a large reason why he can have shooting performances like 15-20 or whatever he shot tonight. Is he deserving of Finals MVP? Sure, I just think Curry is more valuable. Damn near matched LBJ by almost averaging a triple double himself.
KD does benefit a lot from Curry, and he's still the biggest signifier of Golden State's success imo. It's no coincidence that he had the highest + / - of the finals (for both teams).

But Durant's pure numbers and defensive versatility can't be denied. Deserving MVP.

Nah.

Durant had more consistent performances throughout the series though ... Curry had a bad game 4 whereas Durant still put up numbers

wisdom0wl

I'd a Lebron jersey if he did that. Not because I'm an LA fan, but because that would mean Lebron would have sold Dan Gilbert a ring at the cost of Gilbert's pride, 10s of millions of dollar for Lebron's boys, mortgaging their next couple of drafts, and the final slap in the face of taking his talents to Laguna Beach.
I didn't know I wanted this

why would george want to go to a losing team?
With their core and Ball getting another year under their belt, they're becoming a destination again.

Anyway, it's still LA and George wants to go there, this is known.

Furthermore, if the Pacers know he's gone, why would they take on Love's albatross contract? Wait until the deadline and trade PG's expiring to the highest bidder if you can't convince him to stay.

Boogs31

They need a bench though, too. That's their biggest flaw. Really backfired this series.

They have no cap flexibility regardless of whether they trade for George. So improving the bench is going to be challenging either way. With George they'd become infinitely better defensively without sacrificing anything other than rebounding.

no team will a be a favorite "over" the warriors till one of the big four on the Warriors is gone.

Curry is the better player and arguably was more important to winning this series (one Warrior was facing constant doubles/traps, and it wasn't Durant), but you can't deny the box score numbers and big shots that Durant put up. Durant for sure deserves the award for these five games.

After watcging this season, it's pretty obvious that Durant benefits from having Curry more than Curry does Durant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom