• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA LIVE 18 demo is up on Xbox and PSN

KazenY2J

Just bit the bullet on live, how can I say no at $30 for a very solid insanely more consumer friendly game. I love leveling up and the skill point system in live over the VC bullshit in 2k
This was the biggest selling point for me.
Wish 2K would just adopt this for MyCareer only.

facelike

I couldn't get it to work either, your not the only one. I just ran through again with the trial and got exactly where I wanted to be....on the lakers XD.

I searched google and someone said they had the same problem but EA misunderstood the question on their support for sure and said not all things transfer. Maybe it isn't setup until the game physically launches. At least we get to create multiple characters for the first time in Live and not have to reset if we want to play something else.

To select a different team in the one off game, pick a side the press up or down on the controller. The demo now has the Cavs, Dubs, Rockets and Celtics.

Im at a loss for words, ive been playing NBA 2K religiously the past few years, i tried the demo for this last night.....4 hours later..... this game is fun as hell, plays well, and looks incredible. The XP leveling is also fantastic in comparison to 2k's VC system, pre ordered this right after, the game deserves it.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
To select a different team in the one off game, pick a side the press up or down on the controller. The demo now has the Cavs, Dubs, Rockets and Celtics.

It was patched yesterday and now you can select all the NBA teams and they fixed a lot of little stuff like Patty Mills jersey number..which was 44 last week. Now it's back to 8.
MBfegWi.jpg
MraTrIx.jpg

BUT

I was playing a 1 off game this morning around 7am. It was a close game too. Down 13, knocked it down to 4 in the 3rd quarter..then while the game was going on, a message popped up on the screen about a roster update...while I was playing defense. You couldn't get it off the screen unless you hit yes or no. I hit the A button which defaults to yes because I was I was trying to switch defenders...and it boots me back to the main hub meaning I just wasted 20 minutes.

I literally had the screen up to pre-order this morning and that roster update thing just made me not do it.

I'll admit, after all my "fuck 2k" talk I'm so damn tempted to just preorder the damn thing with BBGC. I could not give them any of my money....or I could get the game now since I know I'm eventually going to get it and I get a $10 certificate.

Help

NHale

People weren't lying about how barebones the franchise mode really is. They at least fixed that fictional player rookie bug that was signed by the Mavs everytime and won ROTY with +20ppg every season.

However, franchise mode is completely broken and it's at best a glorified season mode if you want to enjoy it. The season being divided into weeks and not knowing other playoff series results until they are over is dumb but it's not a big issue imho. Surely it breaks the immersion of a NBA season but compared to other issues it's minor. The big issues are that CPU AI never makes trades within themselves, so the only trades in the mode are the ones you make.

Then the bigger issues is shown during the offseason, your team can't go over the cap even to resign players that you should have bird rights for. So in the end of 2018 season, KD, LeBron, Cousins etc. are all free agents and you can't resign them on free agency because you are already over the cap (only have access to mid tier exception), even considering that you have their bird rights. So basically they made franchise work with a hard cap + MLE.

It's a shame because the gameplay this year has actually taken some very positive strides and their "MyPlayer" mode is actually good to play because you are not scrub unless you grind or pay real money to upgrade him. But they really dropped the ball with franchise mode.

Top Bottom