• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Ok... how was he supposed to signify that he would be fine with/would like a trade then? Secret hand signals? Because otherwise the Cavs won't do anything with him as they think he'll be a lifelong.

But I never said that Kyrie did anything wrong. Just that this news leaking out hurt his trade value a little bit, like the Cavs can still get good value for him but it will just a bit harder. Besides, Kyrie didn't do that because Lebron is leaving next year, he'd only be under contract for another year and then he could bolt. If the reports are true, he sees something shitty and wants to move right now. That's the organization you trust to get a good return on a major trade?

ViciousDS

Banned
Remember the heat with Lebron?

Wade remembers

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.com/2014/10/03/dwyane-wade-last-season-with-lebron-wasnt-fun/amp/

“It was great, you know, we went to the Finals four years in a row, and it was everything we wanted from that standpoint, but sometimes throughout that run, at certain times, it just wasn’t fun,” Wade said. “Individually, it was great having certain relationships and having my best friend here with me, but all of us didn’t have fun all the time.

Kickz

Greg Monroe GOAT

196157.gif

Guys, Kyrie's opinion on where he wants to go doesn't really mean shit. Maybe it means a tiny bit to teams that would be willing to trade for him, but he has two years on his contract and no NTC

You ain't bringing back a guy that clearly doesn't want to be there.

He would get booed every time he touched the ball and would hate every second he was there.

Sucks to be him, he will still be payed nearly 20 million US dollars for his troubles. It would not be ideal, but if you're not going to consider the destinations he wants, why even consider his initial request in the first place?

I think this kind of thing gets leaked to see if any of these teams blink and offer an idiotic package for Kyrie though.

Sucks to be him, he will still be payed nearly 20 million US dollars for his troubles. It would not be ideal, but if you're not going to consider the destinations he wants, why even consider his initial request in the first place?

I think this kind of thing gets leaked to see if any of these teams blink and offer an idiotic package for Kyrie though.

The moment this gets leaked they can't ignore the request anymore.

This happened a week ago and they couldn't get a trade in the meantime or convince him to stay so now the controlled leaks(either from the Cavs or Kyrie camp) happened and there is no turning back.

You aren't going to keep a player on a team against his wishes. That would be a shitshow.
Your FO gets bad rep with players and agents and now you have a guy on your roster that clearly doesn't want to be there.

The moment this gets leaked they can't ignore the request anymore.

This happened a week ago and they couldn't get a trade in the meantime or convince him to stay so now the controlled leaks(either from the Cavs or Kyrie camp) happened and there is no turning back.

You aren't going to keep a player on a team against his wishes. That would be a shitshow.
Your FO gets bad rep with players and agents and now you have a guy on your roster that clearly doesn't want to be there.

They literally can ignore him and nothing would happen. Again, sucks to be him if they don't trade him. He should still be professional and shit, it doesn't have to be a shitshow. And a good rep with players and agents is overrated, if a team is winning they will have a good rep. When Lebron left and Gilbert wrote that letter we all thought nobody would ever want to play for the Cavs again. They did. Not long after that. If a team is good, it will have a good rep.

That is not to say that the Cavs shouldn't trade Kyrie. It would be much better if they do especially because he's walking 2 years from now and the return they will get for him will only get worse from now on. But they shouldn't rush and take anything if a real offer isn't there.

jbug617

Banned
Wall is signing an extension with the Wizards.

@daldridgetnt: John Wall has agreed to the designated player veteran exception in Washington, per source, that will pay him a total of $207M through 2023.

Cleveland fans get 2 young serviceable players in Clarkson and Randle, keep Kyrie on their team, and don't have to deal with LeBron's painful farewell season as a Cav.

jbug617

Banned
Gilbert's ego will not let him trade Lebron. He will force Lebron to leave on his own so Gilbert can say Lebron was the one that chose to leave.

Lowe is saying that the Love to Denver, Paul George to Cleveland, Garry Harris and picks deal was a near done thing for every team until iirc Kevin Pritchard reneged on it, and the Cavs are still smarting from that deal falling through

Also, Wall agreed to his extension

Dragun619

The only thing I can think of the Kyrie demanding a trade is that he wants to lead his own team.

Man, I think all these recent LeBron leaving stories on ESPN and shit got to him. With the fact that LeBron isn't even committing to staying next year, Dude, probably doesn't want to stick around for another rebuild situation with the Cavs again once LeBron bails Cleveland.

Just imagine if the Lakers pull this off.

Lonzo, KCP, and Derrick Rose at guard
LeBron, Ingram, Nance, and Kuzma at forward
Bropez and Zubac at center

Lavar, make it happen.

Tall4Life

No matter who wins next year's Finals (the Warriors), I'm excited to see what happens out of this fucking shit in the offseason, lmao. A lot of teams made some pretty big additions and I'm interested to see how they work out, and just to watch how fucked the Cleve's situation gets

it's gonna be good boys

Servbot24

Banned
No matter who wins next year's Finals (the Warriors), I'm excited to see what happens out of this fucking shit in the offseason, lmao. A lot of teams made some pretty big additions and I'm interested to see how they work out, and just to watch how fucked the Cleve's situation gets

it's gonna be good boys

At some point GSW will have to break up and it will be interesting to see where all the pieces are on the board at that point

Top Bottom