• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

saltyramen

Any Suns fans here? I went down to the Drew League vs Seattle Pro-Am exhibition last night and Mike James looks nice man. Dude can fly for a PG.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Any Suns fans here? I went down to the Drew League vs Seattle Pro-Am exhibition last night and Mike James looks nice man. Dude can fly for a PG.

Suns fan checking in, sir. I hope he makes the team and gets some time. It's going to be a fun year.

Phoenix on the other hand is a smart bet, they should just give Bledsoe and Jackson and get it over with.
If I am Phoenix I am not giving up Bledsoe and Jackson for Kyrie, let alone the first rounder the Cavs will ask on top of that(and no the Cavs may not be satisfied with the crappy Miami picks and ask for a Phoenix one)

Suns are years away from contending. They have no use for Kyrie. He will only get in the way of the rebuild and then likely walk in 2 years when his contract is up.

commish

If I am Phoenix I am not giving up Bledsoe and Jackson for Kyrie, let alone the first rounder the Cavs will ask on top of that(and no the Cavs may not be satisfied with the crappy Miami picks and ask for a Phoenix one)

Suns are years away from contending. They have no use for Kyrie. He will only get in the way of the rebuild and then likely walk in 2 years when his contract is up.

At first I was all about getting Kyrie on the Suns because I thought he'd fit in well with our general youth movement. But as you say, the West is going to be too hard for the Suns over the next few years, so it's best to develop the young 21 year olds than to max out Kyrie. Still, I honestly feel like he's going to end up on the Suns. And that we will overpay. I really hope we just keep what we have and see how everyone plays together. We are not a Kyrie away from 60 wins.

Bread

Banned

I'm not that high on Bledsoe because of his nagging injuries and I don't see Jackson ever becoming as good as Kyrie. He's older than the rest of their core but he would do wonders for Booker's development. I also don't think the Cavs would need a 1st rounder on top of those two.

Tall4Life

I'm not that high on Bledsoe because of his nagging injuries and I don't see Jackson ever becoming as good as Kyrie. He's older than the rest of their core but he would do wonders for Booker's development. I also don't think the Cavs would need a 1st rounder on top of those two.

Based on what the Bulls got for Butler and what the Pacers got for George I think a Jackson/Bledsoe/1st round pick trade is wayyyyyy out of the question. We view their trade value as a lot higher than what actually happens.

commish

Based on what the Bulls got for Butler and what the Pacers got for George I think a Jackson/Bledsoe/1st round pick trade is wayyyyyy out of the question. We view their trade value as a lot higher than what actually happens.

Butler trade was way under market. I don't think we can use that as the standard going forward. PG was also a bit different, in that PG made it known that it's a 1 year rental. Jackson/Bled/pick is wayyyyyyyyy too much for Kyrie, unless he had 4 years left at 15 million a season.

Bledsoe isn't the issue. If they can get Kyrie for Bledsoe and 1st that's fine.

But Jackson on other hand tho is a big no-no if I am the Suns. If you are a team that is years away from competing you hoard that lottery pick talent you can cost control and keep around for 8+ years. You don't give that shit away for 2 years of Kyrie Irving.That's a win now move the Suns aren't in a good position to capitalize on.

Also a Kyrie/Booker backcourt would be the worst thing ever. Just endless chucking and zero defense.They would get into each other's way.
You don't a need a Kyrie next to Booker, you need a PatBev/Smart/Bradley sort of player who can cover him on defense
Butler trade was way under market. I don't think we can use that as the standard going forward. PG was also a bit different, in that PG made it known that it's a 1 year rental. Jackson/Bled/pick is wayyyyyyyyy too much for Kyrie, unless he had 4 years left at 15 million a season.
I would agree on the Butler trade being undervalue, if Boogie hadn't gone for the same amount a few months earlier.

Teams just aren't willing to sell the house for a star anymore like the Knicks did for Melo.

commish

I would agree on the Butler trade being undervalue, if Boogie hadn't gone for the same amount a few months earlier.

Teams just aren't willing to sell the house for a star anymore like the Knicks did for Melo.

That Boogie trade was... something else. I don't know what to say. NBA trades are weird.

Can the Pacers still trade George for Kyrie? We should do that.

Checking the CBA...

Article XLII... Section 4...

Backsies
In the event a team such as the Indiana Pacers (just as an example) does something dumb such as trade Paul George for Victor Oladipo (again, example) and a better trade possibility comes along prior to the resumption of the league schedule, the stupid team can get its star back. Limited to one trade per stupid team every two league years.

Boogs31

While yes it's true the last three stars to be traded have
gone for very little, isn't it possible that all three teams just did a poor job of getting the best trade? It's not as if Chicago and Sacramento are known as well run franchises. And Indiana just went through a change in their front office. I don't think you can make a blanket statement about the entire league based on 3 teams.

gone for very little, isn't it possible that all three teams just did a poor job of getting the best trade? It's not as if Chicago and Sacramento are known as well run franchises. And Indiana just went through a change in their front office. I don't think you can make a blanket statement about the entire league based on 3 teams.
So have the cavs

Well run franchises for the most part don't put themselves in a position where they need to trade a star player and well run franchises don't want to overpay for star players when they can get them in free agency.

You really think Ainge couldn't have trumped any of these offers?
He just doesn't need to when he can get someone like Hayward in free agency without giving up anything.

commish

Well run franchises for the most part don't put themselves in a position where they need to trade a star player and well run franchises don't want to overpay for star players when they can get them in free agency.

He just doesn't need to when he can get someone like Hayward in free agency without giving up anything.

Weren't the reports saying that Ainge tried and offered more, but was rebuffed? I honestly can't remember.

teepo

How are you guys liking these new Nike jerseys? The Washington ones are beautiful

i was hoping nike would use the star and stripes jersey so i could actually buy one
C6_Cm00XAAAFK5_.jpg

Eh, it's tough when you're in Indiana. Dude wants to go to LA and there's no way the Pacers are getting top free agents to tempt George to stay in Nap Town.
Pacers were unlucky but didn't do themselves any favors. Replacing Vogel with McMillan will such an awful decision.

Then again the Jazz did almost everything right and it wasn't enough.
Weren't the reports saying that Ainge tried and offered more, but was rebuffed? I honestly can't remember.

Ainge offered more for PG as did Magic but the Pacers were hellbent on sending him out to a West team that wasn't the Lakers.

Haven't heard anything about Butler and Boogie but a have a sneaking suspicion nobody was willing to deal with Ainge unless he put the Brooklyn pick on the table.

I def have heard grumblings (I think Lowe has alluded to them but I could be wrong) that there was a sprinkling of spite involved in Pritchard's dealings with the Paul George trade, that they didn't want to send him where he wanted (Lakers) and didn't want to send him to a contender (Boston, Cleve). Incredibly stupid of Indiana if true.

commish

I def have heard grumblings (I think Lowe has alluded to them but I could be wrong) that there was a sprinkling of spite involved in Pritchard's dealings with the Paul George trade, that they didn't want to send him where he wanted (Lakers) and didn't want to send him to a contender (Boston, Cleve). Incredibly stupid of Indiana if true.

Cliche to say, but it's just business, man. You can't make it personal. That said, he's going to a pretty good team. They should be able to get HCA.

Boogs31

So have the cavs

And perhaps the Cavs will make a terrible Kyrie trade because of it. That still doesn't change my point. The idea that the league isn't interested in offering good packages for stars is not proven because 3 or 4 inept franchises don't get quality returns for their star players.

Indiana got some great offers for George at last season's trade deadline. They also got a good offer from Denver in a three team deal with Cleveland.

I'm sure Chicago could have gotten better offers for Butler if they had waited.

It's illogical to come to the conclusion that: A) Team accepts shitty trade, therefore B) Only shitty trades were offered.

And Vlade said he impulsively moved Boogie because he was worried if he kept shopping him he would lose that deal and be left with accepting a worse offer. He's sold on Buddy being an NBA franchise player too.

The Bulls essentially accepted the proposed Bulter deal from the the previous draft so they were hard on for that package for whatever reason.

All three of those stars moved in head scratching deals that can be chalked up to poorly run organizations.

Boogs31

Utah is an extremely well run franchise. Yet their best player just left them and no big time free agent is ever going there.

Utah is an extremely well run franchise. Yet their best player just left them and no big time free agent is ever going there.

That's why they didn't trade Hayward.

They believed the team was good enough to convince him to stay. As I said they did everything right and it wasn't enough.

He gave up olynyk and bradley. That's not giving up anything. Lol

Top Bottom