• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
To be honest if he wants his own team- why not just wait another season when Lebron goes to the Lakers? Cavs will be his.

Bc the roster and cap situation is shit. What young talent is going to grow beside Kyrie? No one, and no picks forthcoming. It's built for LBJ 2018, that's it.

To be honest if he wants his own team- why not just wait another season when Lebron goes to the Lakers? Cavs will be his.
No cap space, no picks and a ton of bad contracts.

The moment LeBron leaves the Cavs will be in worse position than the Nets have been. I doubt Kyrie or Love will be happy to be stuck in this mess.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
And Vlade said he impulsively moved Boogie because he was worried if he kept shopping him he would lose that deal and be left with accepting a worse offer. He's sold on Buddy being an NBA franchise player too.
The owner was who believed in and forced the trade for Bubby, after it went down Vlade was numb and even said there were better offers.

Bread

Banned
DGWa5kjUAAALLOD.jpg

<333333333333

mjp2417

Banned
No cap space, no picks and a ton of bad contracts.

The moment LeBron leaves the Cavs will be in worse position than the Nets have been. I doubt Kyrie or Love will be happy to be stuck in this mess.

Not even remotely close. The only future first that is in doubt is the 2019 one. If LeBron leaves after this year you still have two valuable trade pieces and the remaining bad salary (which isn't enough to be debilitating for a rebuilding team) would all be off the books within two years. The Nets by contrast have spent a full half decade without valuable trade pieces or their own draft picks.

jdstorm

Banned
Pacers were unlucky but didn't do themselves any favors. Replacing Vogel with McMillan will such an awful decision.

Then again the Jazz did almost everything right and it wasn't enough.

Ainge offered more for PG as did Magic but the Pacers were hellbent on sending him out to a West team that wasn't the Lakers.

Haven't heard anything about Butler and Boogie but a have a sneaking suspicion nobody was willing to deal with Ainge unless he put the Brooklyn pick on the table.

This is 100% untrue.

Indianna called Boston after deciding they liked OKCs offer enough to pull the trigger and Ainge turned them down. Dude didn't offer shit.

Ultimately PG was worth a Victor Oladipo/Gary Harris/Allan Crabbe and a late lottery pick. Indy went with OKC because Oladipo was an easier sell to fans after playing for IU.

Boogs31

That's why they didn't trade Hayward.

They believed the team was good enough to convince him to stay. As I said they did everything right and it wasn't enough.

Well with hindsight, based on the result, wouldn't they be better off today if they had traded Hayward?

Your idea that good teams don't trade star players and/or shouldn't trade them is false. The same Utah franchise that you agree is well run traded Derron Williams, which led to a 50 win, 2nd round playoff team. The Hawks traded Joe Johnson, which led to a 60 win, ECF team. Denver traded Carmello Anthony, which led to a 60 win team.

Sometimes a team can do everything right and still lose a player to free agency. Sometimes a team can do everything right and a star player will still want to leave. No matter how good the Lakers organization was in the mid 2000's, Shaq and Kobe were eventually going to request playing on separate teams, they both had too big of an ego. Things happen that are out of teams control.

mjp2417

Banned
This is 100% untrue.

Indianna called Boston after deciding they liked OKCs offer enough to pull the trigger and Ainge turned them down. Dude didn't offer shit.

Ultimately PG was worth a Victor Oladipo/Gary Harris/Allan Crabbe and a late lottery pick. Indy went with OKC because Oladipo was an easier sell to fans after playing for IU.

We actually don't know what Boston was ultimately prepared to offer. We do know that they could easily beat out any competing offer if they so chose. We also know that they were only willing to offer if Pritchard could hold his wad until they had signed Hayward for cap reasons. We also know that Indiana turned down a better package from Denver in the proposed Love trade. We can only speculate about why Pritchard couldn't wait a few extra days or why he preferred a worse offer that would send George West over a better offer that would keep George in the East. Also, Oladipo, Harris, and Crabbe are not of remotely equivalent trade value.

TTG

Doc Rivers "freed" from front office responsibilities, better late than never, huh Steve? Don't look now, but both LA organizations are showing signs of competence.

Fjordson

Seen a few other 2K17 vs. 18 comparisons and the player models look much improved. Especially the various body types for different players. Much more accurate.

I've seen plenty of different leaks for the news cavs jerseys now. 2k leaks, random pics, etc.

Pretty sure I could draw a sketch that's 49.1% accurate

This is 100% untrue.

Hey that's what I read online. Ainge was supposedly willing to give away Smart, Crowder and 2 or 3 late firsts depending on the source

Whether that was really true or it is just the Celtics FO leaking stuff for damage control, we may never know.
Well with hindsight, based on the result, wouldn't they be better off today if they had traded Hayward?

Your idea that good teams don't trade star players and/or shouldn't trade them is false. The same Utah franchise that you agree is well run traded Derron Williams, which led to a 50 win, 2nd round playoff team. The Hawks traded Joe Johnson, which led to a 60 win, ECF team. Denver traded Carmello Anthony, which led to a 60 win team.

Sometimes a team can do everything right and still lose a player to free agency. Sometimes a team can do everything right and a star player will still want to leave. No matter how good the Lakers organization was in the mid 2000's, Shaq and Kobe were eventually going to request playing on separate teams, they both had too big of an ego. Things happen that are out of teams control.
Hindsight is 20/20. Utah could not have predicted Hayward would walk. It wasn't like PG where everybody knew he wanted to leave by the ASG but the Pacers owners still wanted to try and keep him.

Good franchises generally are less likely to have to trade star players but at the same if it comes down to it they are able to extract value out of the trade.

Also I would never count the current Hawks as a well run team after the Hornets trade. Being mediocre in the east recently isn't much of an achievement either.

Boogs31

Hey that's what I read online. Ainge was supposedly willing to give away Smart, Crowder and 2 or 3 late firsts depending on the source

Whether that was really true or it is just the Celtics FO leaking stuff for damage control, we may never know.

Hindsight is 20/20. Utah could not have predicted Hayward would walk. It wasn't like PG where everybody knew he wanted to leave by the ASG but the Pacers owners still wanted to try and keep him.

Good franchises generally are less likely to have to trade star players but at the same if it comes down to it they are able to extract value out of the trade.

Also I would never count the current Hawks as a well run team after the Hornets trade. Being mediocre in the east recently isn't much of an achievement either.

Danny Ferry built their 60 win team. At the time they made the Joe Johnson trade, they had a great general manager and a great head coach (that to me qualifies them as a well run franchise). Winning 60 games and making the conference final is better than mediocre.

New Cavs unis. The leaks were right.

DGpdrwBXUAAHROO.jpg:large

well at least they're not yellow.
The good year logo doesn't look out of place, not the worst. Think it works pretty well.

The wine jersey looks better then I expected, at least in that pic. Kyrie regretting asking for a trade now!

Top Bottom