• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Cavs really gonna pay IT 200 million dollars?!??

I mean if Lebron leaves they'll probably just let him walk anyway? If this goes well and they win a chip and/or Lebron stays then they pay.

Cavs are managing to get some assets here which is a bonus. The team with Kyrie and without Lebron is bad so they might as well try to compete this year + start the rebuild all at the same time.

FZZ

Banned
??????

this offseason was fuckin lit

you forget your boy won the summer league mvp bruh

my bad

off season has been dry as fuck since Summer League

we have been dick teased by these Kyrie and Melo rumors for too long

its been over a month since summer league breh

spyder_ur

I mean if Lebron leaves they'll probably just let him walk anyway? If this goes well and they win a chip and/or Lebron stays then they pay.

Cavs are managing to get some assets here which is a bonus. The team with Kyrie and without Lebron is bad so they might as well try to compete this year + start the rebuild all at the same time.

You don't rebuild with LeBron James on your roster. Pretty much by definition you're competing.

Unless they have a relatively immediate plan on another move, I don't see the point in gathering assets at this point.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You don't rebuild with LeBron James on your roster. Pretty much by definition you're competing.

Unless they have a relatively immediate plan on another move, I don't see the point in gathering assets at this point.

I meant the deal is rumored to include picks. They're still trying to compete this year but if Lebron walks then they've managed to shed salary off the books (they'd just let IT walk instead of paying him) and picked up a top 10 draft pick in the process (either LA or Brooklyn)

phanphare

Banned
I really don't see it for Cleveland. You're at best a marginally a better team next year, and that's basically all that matters. If Lebron leaves you're screwed anyways - what does a pick get you?

Whatever is going on in Cleveland this summer is strange as hell.

I like IT a lot so that factors into how I see this trade. short term I like IT more than Kyrie even but long term Kyrie is obviously the way to go because he's younger. that's most of why I see this as a win win. the Celtics get a younger point guard who is as offensively gifted as IT and the Cavs get some value back for Kyrie while also replacing him with someone who will be just as good this upcoming season.

as long as Lebron is on your roster you build to win. if shit blows up in their face because Lebron leaves after this season so be it. it's Lebron. you take that chance every time.

Not the news I expected to see when I woke up from my beauty nap......

Brooklyn pick
giphy.gif

spyder_ur

I like IT a lot so that factors into how I see this trade. short term I like IT more than Kyrie even but long term Kyrie is obviously the way to go because he's younger. that's most of why I see this as a win win. the Celtics get a younger point guard who is as offensively gifted as IT and the Cavs get some value back for Kyrie while also replacing him with someone who will be just as good this upcoming season.

as long as Lebron is on your roster you build to win. if shit blows up in their face because Lebron leaves after this season so be it. it's Lebron. you take that chance every time.

I love IT too, defended him here a bunch. But even I see Kyrie as a more dynamic talent just entering his prime.

I get the value for Kyrie part, not sure you could do much better. But I don't see how a pick interests them at all. Maybe I just really underestimated the degree to which things have fallen apart in Cleveland and the situation really is untenable.

If the Celtics get a locked up, 25 year old Kyrie, reading the breakdown of what Ainge turned into Kyrie is going to be incredible.

FZZ

Banned
LeBron was the fourth missing Ball brother all along brehs

Before Lavar married Tina, he had a ting with Gloria

phanphare

Banned
I love IT too, defended him here a bunch. But even I see Kyrie as a more dynamic talent just entering his prime.

I get the value for Kyrie part, not sure you could do much better. But I don't see how a pick interests them at all. Maybe I just really underestimated the degree to which things have fallen apart in Cleveland and the situation really is untenable.

If the Celtics get a locked up, 25 year old Kyrie, reading the breakdown of what Ainge turned into Kyrie is going to be incredible.

if it's a good pick, and it should be, it'd interest them whether lebron stays or goes

Bread

Banned
It's a lateral move offensively but not having to constantly hide IT on defense in the playoffs is probably very tempting for Stevens. Not that Kyrie is a good defender, IT is just a disaster on that side come playoff time.

Determining who gets better in the short term depends entirely on IT's hip and if he can replicate his production from last year. IT had a monster year last year, probably better than Kyrie did. It's not out of the realm of possibility that at least for next year healthy IT and Kyrie are a wash. Long term if the Celts can get Kyrie to buy in and resign though, he fits in better with their young players/assets.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's a lateral move offensively but not having to constantly hide IT on defense in the playoffs is probably very tempting for Stevens. Not that Kyrie is a good defender, IT is just a disaster on that side come playoff time.

Yeah Cavs defense was bad last year... so this offseason they get IT / Jeff Green / DRose. Getting Crowder would be pretty big though

Top Bottom