• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

ryseing

That Nets pick has a good chance of being non lotto. I can see them making the playoffs in the weakened East.

NOPE. I'm an idiot.

If it does end up being lotto- LOL AINGE

Sandfox

Jaylen X Taytum can be the new better crowder

One of biggest concerns with Tatum is if he can defend either forward position at the NBA level so...

In the short term at least neither of them will be replacing Crowder though.

That Nets pick has a good chance of being non lotto. I can see them making the playoffs in the weakened East.
The chances of the Nets making the playoffs are very low IMO.

FZZ

Banned
The stage is set

Cleveland makes the 2018 finals, gets swept by the Golden State Warriors. LeBron frustrated with losing in the Finals and Gilbert's ties to Trump, leaves and signs with Los Angeles alongside Paul George.

In the 2019 playoffs with no one left in the east the Celtics make an easy trip to the Finals.

Lakers and Warriors have an intense 7 game series but ultimately Lakers win out.

LeBron and Kyrie reunited in the Finals, opposing teams

Celtics vs. Lakers

Lonzo dunks on Kyrie and Lakers sweep Celtics in 4

:,)

This is a plus for Boston?

Kyrie is a long-term upgrade over Isaiah. If nothing more, because it's two years compared to 1 and he's younger so if they back up the money truck for Irving, it makes more sense.

We'll see where the draft pick lands and who it turns into.

Of course, the Cavs will be fine next year as long as Thomas is healthy, but after next summer, watch out.

ryseing

The chances of the Nets making the playoffs are very low IMO.

I'd put them above very low. 35 wins is going to get the 8 seed. If Russell gets himself together that's attainable.

Chicago, Indy, and Atl are out. Miami and Charlotte will take two of those spots. Depends on Philly.

Jesus I just realized Nets went 20-62 last year. Never mind. LOL AINGE

Michael Porter Jr. sweepstakes just got more interesting.

Kyrie Celtic on NBA 2k cover

guess i'm buying :/

First celtic on the cover since KG in 2k9.

NBA_2K9_cover_art.jpg

Tall4Life

Bread, how are we supposed to draft a good center next year when the pick is top 3 protected and its very likely the best ones will go early

Tom Penny

Kyrie at his age and size > having to max out a 5-8 guard approaching 30.

Having said that, this seems like an insane overpay by Ainge. Doubly so when you look at what Jimmy Butler and Paul George went for.
Butler PG was a timing thing because they wanted Hayward too and the a Pacers cock blocked them

Chase17

Wow. Didn't expect this to happen. If you told me the C's could get Kyrie without giving up Marcus Smart or Terry Rozier I would have thought you'd be lying

Kyrie Celtic on NBA 2k cover

guess i'm buying :/

You could also get the edition with all time celtic great Shaq.

Fjordson

Butler PG was a timing thing because they wanted Hayward too and the a Pacers cock blocked them
Just not sure why they would have to give up this much for Kyrie. There hasn't been anything reported remotely close to this, so it's weird that Ainge threw this much onto the table. Didn't have to to beat other offers.

Of course if a report does come out in the near future about some other big offer we didn't know about then that changes it, but as of now it looks like way too much imo.

Tom Penny

Just not sure why they would have to give up this much for Kyrie. There hasn't been anything reported remotely close to this, so it's weird that Ainge threw this much onto the table. Didn't have to to beat other offers.

Of course if a report does come out in the near future about some other big offer we didn't know about then that changes it, but as of now it looks like way too much imo.

They did overpay . I'm not sure it's massive but they did overpay. I'm over it and hope Brad can work his magic with him. If IT and guys like Evan Turnover and Crawford are a sign then Kyrie is going to do work...

DH3wHJcXYAAqBP3.jpg

Fjordson

They did overpay . I'm not sure it's massive but they did overpay. I'm over it and hope Brad can work his magic with him. If IT and guys like Evan Turnover and Crawford are a sign then Kyrie is going to do work...

DH3wHJcXYAAqBP3.jpg
That's true. Kyrie will do really well I think. Still hasn't even hit his peak most likely.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Eww... the fucking nets pick?! ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS. That was Donkic/Porter/Bagley. THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING AINGE.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
BG & Bread, we did it.

The bottom of the East is gonna be a mess, I wouldn't bet on any one team being the worst so it's not too bad.

You better be right or Danny is in trouble. I will fight his ass, I'm serious. Tell him to meet me where the hill top used to be if it's top 3.

edit- top 5 even. AYTON AND BAMBA :(

Top Bottom