• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
solid bet imo

how many games did linsanity miss last season? like 30?

They lost by far their best player. The crabbe pickup was nice, but IDK.

The bottom of the east will be an absolute trash heap no doubt. Orlando, Indiana, Atlanta, Brooklyn, Chicago, etc. will all be trading wins hopefully. Again this trade isn't a fleece job if it's outside the top 5.

1. Bagley
2. Porter
3. Donkic
4. Bamba
5. Ayton

If we miss on a shot at one of those 5 for Kyrie? UGHHHH

Adrian Wojnarowski
Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
Irving thrilled w/ joining Celtics and they'll have great chance to eventually re-sign him. Boston made deal with strong belief he'll stay.
8:04 PM · Aug 22, 2017
I want to see ITs reaction

Slizeezyc

I'd probably rather just trade IT and Nets pick for Butler if they weren't actually off the table after all. But hey, Ainge gonna Ainge.

Slizeezyc

Considering what the bulls settled for, you probably could have gotten Butler for just the BKN pick and filler. Danny overplayed his hand.

Yeah. Though the GarPax spin of THREE LOTTERY PICKS FOR BUTLER(!) makes it seem like maybe it would need to be both. But both teams had the same amount of contract year leverage, and only Kyrie had demanded a trade so the Cavs had even less leverage than the Bulls.

Slizeezyc

Yeah so rough that he gets a free trip to the finals.

Yeah, poor guy probably gets to hide his regression now as well since he'll be getting so many more easy looks.

PS, If I'm the Cavs, I'm saying F it and going all-in and seeing if I can't use Love and the Nets pick for another big-time player.

Eleuin

tenor.gif

Wow wow wow. Who is gonna pick Boston over Cleveland to the finals first?

I wouldn't, not if Thomas is healthy and probably even if he isn't. Cavs still have LeBron, and that's worth a ticket to the Finals until proven otherwise, particularly in the east.

After next season, though...

TTG

I wouldn't, not if Thomas is healthy and probably even if he isn't. Cavs still have LeBron, and that's worth a ticket to the Finals until proven otherwise, particularly in the east.

After next season, though...

I mean, Boston is gonna have the second and third best players on the floor in the conference finals and the superior coach by a margin. But then again I was the one yelling about Bulls over Celtics before Rondo went out. Imma need a minute.

I mean, Boston is gonna have the second and third best players on the floor in the conference finals and the superior coach by a margin. But then again I was the one yelling about Bulls over Celtics before Rondo went out. Imma need a minute.

LBJ, though.

But when he bolts, the Kyrie Irving/Jayson Tatum
(Blue Devils)
era will begin. Celtics will be like not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4...

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Oh shit, Celtics at Cavs on season opening night on Oct. 17 now is a must watch TV. Looking forward to LeBron and IT putting 50pts each on the Leprechauns.

Boogs31

I assume it'll be Irving, Brown, Hayward, Hortford, Baynes to start the season. Maybe Tatum at the 4 and Hortford at the 5 eventually.

They may start Baynes but that would be a mistake. Baynes is not a starting caliber center. And if the Celtics start both Horford and Baynes, who plays as the backup 5? Zizic is definitely not the answer.

If I was Boston my starting 5 would be....

1) Irving
2) Smart
3) Hayward
4) Morris
5) Horford

Top Bottom