• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Gigglepoo

The biggest thing I'm taking away from this, is how terrible the Cavs GM looks during this whole process, and that they are going to be stuck with him once LeBron leaves.

If IT is healthy by the All-Star break, he got an excellent return. He doesn't look terrible at all. How many GMs come out on top in a trade with Ainge? Dude usually doesn't pull the trigger unless he wins the trade.

If IT is healthy by the All-Star break, he got an excellent return. He doesn't look terrible at all. How many GMs come out on top in a trade with Ainge? Dude usually doesn't pull the trigger unless he wins the trade.

He looks terrible by amateur hour handling of this trade. Depends no how accurate these sources have been reporting the story but to get compensation for an injured IT with the BKN pick then expect more compensation when your doctors disagree with the severity of the injury. All for what may end up being a worthless late 1st rd pick for a tarnished reputation.

megalowho

Koby knows what he's doing. Drag IT’s name around a bit, make him come out and defend himself publicly, let future trading partners know what’s up. That second round pick will be worth it.

Gigglepoo

He looks terrible by amateur hour handling of this trade. Depends no how accurate these sources have been reporting the story but to get compensation for an injured IT with the BKN pick then expect more compensation when your doctors disagree with the severity of the injury. All for what may end up being a worthless late 1st rd pick for a tarnished reputation.

How should a GM act when the player he traded for is more injured than he had been lead to believe?

How should a GM act when the player he traded for is more injured than he had been lead to believe?

You've already agree upon trading for an injured player. Doctors disagreeing on time tables and thinking that worthless future picks make up the difference next season while IT is on the bench is just stupid. Either accept the injured player you're trading for or void the trade and find a healthier deal.

If the rumors were suggesting a player as compensation to help cover all the PT IT would miss, at least that makes sense.

Actual update from Woj.

KOBEEEEEE!
ykuwteohnwmec5ugugft.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Cavs got a free 2nd round pick for this nonsense. Well done I guess. Guess if the old Isaiah Thomas is busted you can go get yourself the next one

Nafai1123

Banned
Saw Kevin Durant yesterday at VMWorld. He was at one of the booths signing autographs. Sadly I didn't get there early enough to get one but I got some (shitty) pics.

FZZ

Banned
First off don't you dare slander the greatest organization in sports

Secondly Lonzo gonna dunk on Kyrie and block every one of his shots too

Thirdly Fuck the Celtics

jbug617

Banned
KOC got the info about the trade.
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/8/30/16230536/cavaliers-celtics-kyrie-irving-isaiah-thomas-trade

Dan Gilbert basically made the deal (the rumor here in Boston that Gilbert and Wyc hashed out the deal in Italy on vacation). Cavs really don't care about IT, they view him as the icing in the deal. This was all about Crowder and the Nets pick.

Lebron and Lue were not happy that IT is going to miss more time than expected. Gilbert is making the deal because he is assuming Lebron is leaving.

Jarmel

Banned
KOC got the info about the trade.
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/8/30/16230536/cavaliers-celtics-kyrie-irving-isaiah-thomas-trade

Dan Gilbert basically made the deal (the rumor here in Boston that Gilbert and Wyc hashed out the deal in Italy on vacation). Cavs really don't care about IT, they view him as the icing in the deal. This was all about Crowder and the Nets pick.

Lebron and Lue were not happy that IT is going to miss more time than expected. Gilbert is making the deal because he is assuming Lebron is leaving.

“Gilbert thinks he’s the protagonist in the story of the Cavaliers, when, in reality, he’s the antagonist.”

oof

Boogs31

So why did Isaiah Thomas and the Celtics choose to avoid hip surgery? Would the surgery hinder his athleticism? All I've heard in terms of the two choices was that the non surgery option is a slower rehabilitation process. Isn't a slower rehabilitation process a bad thing? I'm certainly no doctor, but I have suffered a labral tear in my shoulder and I don't believe labrum's ever fully heal on their own.

Top Bottom