• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

bionic77

Antoine > Danny > IT
This thread needs some more Kobe to balance out the horribleness of this post.

Thankfully I just read this quote from Draymond where Kobe helped him to heal and somehow get him to get KD after the finals loss:

“I was going through all that s— with the media and with the kicks and I was (expletive) up,” Green says. “So I called Kobe [Bryant], and said, ‘[This] s— killing me, because these people are painting me to be something that I’m not, wondering, would I kick anybody on purpose? I wouldn’t kick anybody on purpose. It’s (expletive) up.’”

Bryant’s words, according to Green: Ninety-eight percent of people are okay with mediocrity or less. Guys like Bryant and Green, though, they’re out for something different—greatness. So, Green remembers Kobe saying, “as long as you wait for them to understand you, you’re (expletive).”

“It was the best s— I ever heard,” Green says. “Because it gave me an understanding of why people don’t understand me. I’m so crazy competitive. I put my competitiveness up there with anyone. How could someone understand that? It’s a different level.”

bionic77

I just don't understand why IT is that salty. Maybe he knows him and LeBron are gonna tangle.
It hurts your ego when you get traded.

Also the Cavs are run by Bron Inc. I could see that rubbing a lot of star players the wrong way (see Kyrie).

Everyone wants to be the man.

bionic77

You guys need to start Kuzma. He's the secret best player on the Lakers.
And he's also on my fantasy team so pls help me bionic and call Magic ASAP.
I hope Kuzma keeps it up but I am not going to bet the farm on his shooting until he can do it for a sustained period of time.

Lots of scrubs can get hot. Thats pretty much how I explain all of the baskets that Jordan ever made.

I hope Kuzma keeps it up but I am not going to bet the farm on his shooting until he can do it for a sustained period of time.

Lots of scrubs can get hot. Thats pretty much how I explain all of the baskets that Jordan ever made.

The thing with Kuzma is that it's not just all shooting (which is sure to regress and fluctuate as the season goes along) but that he's really good in a lot of facets of the game. Already he is showing an ability to read defenses, take advantage of matchups, he's got a good first step and scores well around the basket, and has some pretty good post moves. I'm not under any delusions that he is going to become a super star, but if we can get a really good future starter out of a late 1st rounder that's pretty good.

He remembers and knows it is bullshit.

He is just pumping up Steph because he thinks he needs it.
he is by far one of the best offensive players ever and it's not close. Literally no player in history of the sport can down teams as quick as he can when he's on. A little bit of ego twirling is certainly possible though, esp when you think of MJ and prime Shaq.

phanphare

Banned
steph is most certainly the greatest offensive weapon in NBA history

what he can do individually and what he forces defenses to do on a nightly basis has never been seen before in the NBA and can sometimes literally "break" the game

deadly from range, deadly in the paint, crazy handles, deadly from the free throw line, shoots 3's like they're layups, can get a shot off with the quickness, off the dribble or catch and shoot, needs to be picked up at half court, pulls defenders out to the 3 point line on fast breaks, etc. etc. etc.

the dude is a beast

RedAssedApe

Banned
Someone explain this to me:

Favorite Quote: If you want to breathe as bad as you want to succeed, that's when you'll be successful.

nbayearbook_009.jpg

Misterhbk

I still think Shaq's impact and gravity of the game was more impactful then Steph but yeah, Curry is one of a kind.

I find the opposite true. They have the same effect but in posits areas of the court. Shaq drew bodies in the paint which opened up shooters. That’s great and all, but not everyone, especially in Shaqs prime, was/is a great shooter. Steph pulls everyone out of the paint and even the scrubbiest of scrubs can make open layups with the lanes created by him. It’s a win with either of them so really it doesn’t matter.

FinKL

Can we talk about fantasy stuff in here too?

Who's top pick for first round for yall keeping track? I see Yahoo recommends Steph but Harden and Westbrook rank up there too. Both of them getting help to distribute their numbers this year though. I'm liking Giannis myself

gutshot

Who's top pick for first round for yall keeping track? I see Yahoo recommends Steph but Harden and Westbrook rank up there too. Both of them getting help to distribute their numbers this year though. I'm liking Giannis myself

Is there a GAF fantasy league? I'd be interested in joining, if so.

I find the opposite true. They have the same effect but in posits areas of the court. Shaq drew bodies in the paint which opened up shooters. That’s great and all, but not everyone, especially in Shaqs prime, was/is a great shooter. Steph pulls everyone out of the paint and even the scrubbiest of scrubs can make open layups with the lanes created by him. It’s a win with either of them so really it doesn’t matter.

I think a step above Steph with Shaq was that he would put teams in foul trouble on a nightly basis. Dude was just unstoppable.

I think a step above Steph with Shaq was that he would put teams in foul trouble on a nightly basis. Dude was just unstoppable.
True, but the diff is Steph basically hitting 3s in 1 min and the other teams has 2 TOs, and the game's done. 😵😒. Don't think shaq, mj, or curry can be argued on offense, neither is a bad answer. All are in that freak-level

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn 7s7 seconds ago
Cavs finalizing deal to unload Richard Jefferson, Kay Felder to Atlanta, sources tell ESPN. Hawks will send back European draft rights.

we hardly knew ya
w6XxLlG.gif

Sciz

It will sell tickets for one at least one night and give the fans something to be excited about.

It is kind of weird to me that any fan base would be excited or pay money to see that but I will have to assume that the guy is beloved over there.

Memphis native checking in, just saw the news.

This is the primary reason. Memphis doesn't have a lot to be proud of on the national stage, and as a majority black city in Tennessee, isn't exactly beloved by the rest of the state either. The Grizzlies were a novelty when they moved in. Neat, but costly and underwhelming, and that didn't change throughout the 00's.

Then the Allen/Randolph/Conley/Gasol core came together at the end of the decade, made the 2011 playoffs as the 8th seed, beat the 1st seeded Spurs, and suddenly Memphis was Somebody. Not winners, in the end—never winners—but that upset victory was a spark that the city could rally around and genuinely celebrate, and the local culture took that underdog, "nobody ever believed in us" status and promptly adopted it into the civic identity.

Those four became the face of the city. That they've all been stand up figures in the community throughout their tenure here has only further cemented their status as local heroes. If any of them should choose to retire here, they'll be beloved 'til the day they die.

mjp2417

Banned
From Zach Lowe's predictions for the year:

Greg Monroe wins Sixth Man of the Year

Yup, this is dumb. Big guys never win this. It always goes to some empty-calories wing chucker. There could be a ton of candidates: Lou Williams, Eric Gordon, Jamal Crawford, Andre Iguodala (he's apparently never winning it, either, which is insane), Dario Saric, Marcus Smart, Norman "Norm" Powell, someone from the Heat, Tristan Thompson, J.R. Smith, Patrick Patterson, Patty Mills, Milos Teodosic, and probably one or two more.

If Milwaukee craters, the Bucks might look to unload Greg Monroe's expiring contract -- torpedoing his candidacy.

But right now, none of those candidates feel as essential as Monroe. Thon Maker is 20. There will be a ton of nights when Jason Kidd doesn't trust him to close games. Monroe played the best all-around ball of his career last season, and de-iced what had been (at times) a frosty relationship with Kidd.

A shallow Bucks team needs him, badly. His ground-bound bully-ball game is a crucial source of late-clock offense after the Bucks fritter away possessions around the elbows. It wouldn't surprise if he averaged almost 30 minutes per game.

Oh ye of little faith

jdstorm

Banned

Harden seems the safest bet since he is a better shooter then Westbrook, will still get lots of assists even next to CP3 due to staggered lineups and the pace HOU play with and there should be more rebounds availiable to Harden since he won't really have any teammates trying to get them like Westbrook will with George, Melo, Patterson ect.

VeeP

Giannis seems like a good choice. I actually got stuck withe the last pick of the first round(12 picks), and first pick of second round, so I chose Kawhi and Chris Paul. Now there saying Kawhi will be out for awhile, possibly 2 weeks on some sites :(.

Sandfox

I'd go with Harden personally.
Is there a GAF fantasy league? I'd be interested in joining, if so.
I'd join if someone started one.

gutshot

Someone start a fantasy league and post the info in here. Seems like we got enough. I would do it but haven't played fantasy bball in years, so not sure what the standard rules and scoring are these days.

Someone start a fantasy league and post the info in here. Seems like we got enough. I would do it but haven't played fantasy bball in years, so not sure what the standard rules and scoring are these days.

Scoring depends if you guys prefer a points or category league. I kinda like points better because it makes players easier to evaluate but a lot of people prefer categories. I'd be fine with either though.

Top Bottom