• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

iavi

Buddy Hield is better

Buddy "Steph Curry in the Clutch" Hield

Exactly. We already have Hield, who's percentages were great as soon as he came to Sac.

Monk would be coming off the bench and that doesn't make any sense, as much as I wanted the story of a Kentucky continuation as well. Dude deserves the starter time to develop that already amazing shot for the league.

Quantity and Quality was the best way to approach this draft for the Kings. And 3 first rounders, while getting exactly who we needed at the fifth, was the way to do it.

We don't have our pick in 2019

jmizzal

Simmons is definitely drinking too much Monk kool aid (even though I really like him too). But I actually totally agree with him. You have a chance to make a Monk and Fox backcourt and you don't have to reach for either guy, just do it. The draft is a crap shoot, so take a shot. They love being teammates and could be an awesome duo for many years.

Sac gave up there best player in years Boogie Cousins for Heild, they were not gonna replace him in the draft, Monk and Heild are similar but Monk has more upside, its not like they just passed on him, they traded and got two extra picks.

Megatron

I miss 2003 fashion

I don't recognize the players on either side of Kirk Heinrich. The little guy whoever he is, is dead center in the picture while the stars of the draft are on the sides. And hen the other guy on Kirk's right somehow found a suit too big for him despite being about 6'6".

Vahagn

I hope the Knicks suck for another 30 years. Not because I hate the Knicks, but because that's the worst fan base in all of sports and they deserve to suffer forever.

I don't recognize the players on either side of Kirk Heinrich. The little guy whoever he is, is dead center in the picture while the stars of the draft are on the sides. And hen the other guy on Kirk's right somehow found a suit too big for him despite being about 6'6".

I think the little guy is TJ Ford and the guy on the other side of Captain Kirk is Jarvin Hayes. I must say I miss a bit of mid 00's NBA fuckery lol.

TTG

"Rumor: There was a five team trade about to go down that included PG13 and Melo to the Cavs. Fell apart because no one wanted Love."

Reddit is vicious.

jbug617

Banned
Local reporter here in Boston says Boston did go after Butler and the Bulls turned it down and went with Minny. Said Boston had the beat the Minny offer

@MikeGiardi: Danny Ainge said C's weren't in any recent talks for just moved Jimmy Butler. Source says not true. C's engaged on Butler til the end (1/2)
@MikeGiardi: (2/2) Source states unequivocally C's had better offer on table than what Minny surrendered, including flip of firsts - 3 for 16.

He isn't a Celtics guy so who knows.

"(2/2) Source states unequivocally C's had better offer on table than Minny surrendered, including flip of firsts - 3 for 16 (*wrote 7*)." - @MikeGiardi

Edit:

Whoops, didn't see this was already posted.

Local reporter here in Boston says Boston did go after Butler and the Bulls turned it down and went with Minny. Said Boston had the beat the Minny offer

Wouldn't surprise me. The Bulls were really high on Kris Dunn, maybe they still are for some reason. They could value #7 and Dunn more than #3.

TTG

I bet Love and whatever the Celtics were offering was too good, Chicago is trying to tank/start over. Indiana in the same boat they're out here playing Lance Stevenson, why would they want Love to fuck up their chances in the draft?

Slizeezyc

Hey look, Danny Ainge is leaking to the press after the fact that he totally had the best offer. He's never done that before, ever.

LionPride

Banned
DDG6uxCXUAEHxXr.jpg

Boogs31

Gotta say, the Minnesota roster looks pretty good now.

Except they have very little shooting on the roster. There have been rumors Houston wants to dump Beverly and Anderson to get cap space for free agents. Why doesn't Minnesota take those two guys and give them Rubio in return? Houston gets extra cap space and Minnesota gets 2 role players that can shoot to play off of Towns, Butler, and Wiggins. Seems to me both teams would be getting what they need/want.

Jarate

Banned
Wiggins, KAT, and Butler are some of the best shooters for their positions.

Wolves need a primary ballhandler (Rubio is good but you can't have a primary ballhandler who can't shoot) and a rim protector

Slizeezyc

Except they have very little shooting on the roster. There have been rumors Houston wants to dump Beverly and Anderson to get cap space for free agents. Why doesn't Minnesota take those two guys and give them Rubio in return? Houston gets extra cap space and Minnesota gets 2 role players that can shoot to play off of Towns, Butler, and Wiggins. Seems to me both teams would be getting what they need/want.

Don't forget that Butler is about to Butler the shit out of Wiggins and break his spirits.

Wolves need a primary ballhandler (Rubio is good but you can't have a primary ballhandler who can't shoot) and a rim protector

Scam Hinkie with them lies. Unless best shooters just means like top 20 for the position outside of Towns.

Wiggins last year was 48% eFG (which I believe is right around if not a little below average) and 35% from three. Jimmy Butler shoots 35% from three as well. It was a great trade for Minny, but they need some shooting.

A Rubio/Wiggins/BUtler trio could run into some of the same problems offensively that Rondo/Wade/Butler did in terms of poor floor spacing. Ideally they would replace Rubio with a 3/D guard who could handle the ball a little, but not sure how feasible that is.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Wiggins last year was 48% eFG (which I believe is right around if not a little below average) and 35% from three. Jimmy Butler shoots 35% from three as well. It was a great trade for Minny, but they need some shooting.

Time to bring Kevin Love back to Minnesota

Jarate

Banned

Both were the primary scorers on their team and generally had the best defenders and would be covered a lot more efficiently then say a JJ Reddick. You also got Thibs playing Wigggin s 42 minutes a night destroying his efficiency numbers as well

Wiggins, Butler, and Towns are some of the best shooters in the game and some of the best scorers in the league. They need a primary ballhandler really badly unless Butler will take over that role, because Rubio is a really poor shooter. They need a rim protector because KAT had one of the worst seasons defensively for a big last season (which I also point to Thibs playing him like 42 minutes a night at the age of 20.

Beverely is a good player, but he cant be the primary ballhandler on the team. He's more of a 3 & D PG. Kyle Anderson is a bad contract not worth taking.

A Rubio/Wiggins/BUtler trio could run into some of the same problems offensively that Rondo/Wade/Butler did in terms of poor floor spacing. Ideally they would replace Rubio with a 3/D guard who could handle the ball a little, but not sure how feasible that is.

Yes, 3 & D guards who can handle the ball are really easy to get now

Slizeezyc

Both were the primary scorers on their team and generally had the best defenders and would be covered a lot more efficiently then say a JJ Reddick. You also got Thibs playing Wigggin s 42 minutes a night destroying his efficiency numbers as well

Wiggins, Butler, and Towns are some of the best shooters in the game and some of the best scorers in the league. They need a primary ballhandler really badly unless Butler will take over that role, because Rubio is a really poor shooter. They need a rim protector because KAT had one of the worst seasons defensively for a big last season (which I also point to Thibs playing him like 42 minutes a night at the age of 20.

Beverely is a good player, but he cant be the primary ballhandler on the team. He's more of a 3 & D PG. Kyle Anderson is a bad contract not worth taking.

These things are not the saaaaaaaaaame. They're in fact quite differentttttttt.

Looking even beyond just gravity in and of itself, nobody is going to shade to Butler behind the 3-point line, thus by default he is not one of the best shooters. Same goes for Wiggins. Your Redick point is hot garbage as well because they guard Redick entirely differently than they would a Butler. Come on Scam, you're better than this.

Then again, maybe Scam is just in full sarcasm mode.

"Best scorers in the game"? Yes.

"Best shooters in the game"? No. That's backed up by the statistics. Both Butler and Wiggins are decidedly average shooters.

El Topo

Poor Rubio. Can't shoot to save his life.

LionPride

Banned
If someone thinks best shooters and best shooters are the same...we gon need to talk

Every year post ASB, Pretty Tricky learnes how to shoot and make layups

Then the new season rolls around...

Top Bottom