• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
lol:

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/8/11/16134210/nba-2k18-all-time-lineups-best-worst

CHICAGO BULLS
My ridiculous lineup

PG: Jannero Pargo
SG: Michael Jordan
SF: Brad Sellers
PF: Victor Khryapa
C: Dalibor Bagaric

What's the worst possible team I could create around Michael Jordan? I challenge you to do better.

Also:

My pointless lineup

PG: Yao Ming
SG: Dikembe Mutombo
SF: Dwight Howard
PF: Moses Malone
C: Hakeem Olajuwon

The Rockets are the franchise of big men, so let's make them all play together.

Chris Sheridan reporting that Lebron is "100% leaving Cleveland" and playing for Magic in LA. Bulls also negotiating a buyout for Wade.

Cleveland needs just trade LeBron now. They can at least get Julius Randall and Clarkson out of it instead of nothing. Wade can come play for the Lakers this season too. No they wouldn't beat the Warriors but who can? Have fun instead of playing a long stressful season with the Cavs. Add Paul George the following year and contend then.

LeBrons ego won't allow him to get traded

He'll finish out the season, end with a title run and if he fails he'll tell the Cavs fans he's leaving but he's glad he got them a championship

RootCause

Chris Sheridan reporting that Lebron is "100% leaving Cleveland" and playing for Magic in LA. Bulls also negotiating a buyout for Wade.

Cleveland needs just trade LeBron now. They can at least get Julius Randall and Clarkson out of it instead of nothing. Wade can come play for the Lakers this season too. No they wouldn't beat the Warriors but who can? Have fun instead of playing a long stressful season with the Cavs. Add Paul George the following year and contend then.
I don't think they can trade him. He's got a no trade clause.

He's got a no-trade clause.

Servbot24

Banned
LeBrons ego won't allow him to get traded

He'll finish out the season, end with a title run and if he fails he'll tell the Cavs fans he's leaving but he's glad he got them a championship

Nothing to do with ego, he just doesn't want the team he goes to to be gutted in a trade. May as well wait a year and sign on to a team that's fully manned.

Even so, LeBron + PG13 + Lonzo still doesn't come close to GSW. If they could sign Westbrook then you have a conversation, but I don't think he's leaving OKC.

Does Cleveland own their own 2018 pick? If so, Dan should just blow the team up around Lebron and try to tank that final year. They aren't beating the Warriors anyways. Might as well try to get something out of Lebron leaving if you can't trade him.

mjp2417

Banned
Does Cleveland own their own 2018 pick? If so, Dan should just blow the team up around Lebron and try to tank that final year. They aren't beating the Warriors anyways. Might as well try to get something out of Lebron leaving if you can't trade him.

They do, but LeBron + scrubs is still a top 4 seed in the East. You're basically tanking for the right to pick in the low 20's rather than the high 20's.

Pachimari

I just watched the NBA 2K18 trailer and noticed Russell has transfered to Nets. I am shook. Why did we do that? And they transfered Mozgov too, fair enough. Who else have we gotten rid of and bought in?

I just watched the NBA 2K18 trailer and noticed Russell has transfered to Nets. I am shook. Why did we do that? And they transfered Mozgov too, fair enough. Who else have we gotten rid of and bought in?

N'waba gone

Brook Lopez, Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart and Kentavius Caldwell Pope in 8)

AND THAT BALL BOY!

Bread

Banned

Lmao

Enough with Randle and Clarkson you weirdos, no one wants them.

D'Lo was the price of getting rid of Mozgov's contract, which was necessary because Magic and Penlinka want to be big players in free agency next year. There were also rumblings that the new front office/staff were not the biggest fans of Russell, and with Lonzo coming in, he became expendable.

Pachimari

Ball control.

N'waba gone

Brook Lopez, Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart and Kentavius Caldwell Pope in 8)

AND THAT BALL BOY!

D'Lo was the price of getting rid of Mozgov's contract, which was necessary because Magic and Penlinka want to be big players in free agency next year. There were also rumblings that the new front office/staff were not the biggest fans of Russell, and with Lonzo coming in, he became expendable.
Fair enough. I was still shocked though.

When is the new season starting? I need to buy a NBA pass for the whole season so I can watch my team every month.

0pvrqonzx5gz.png

Young Guns

2002 Kings and 2004 Lakers in 2k18 lol

KInda odd the 04 lakers are in it, out of prime Malone and Payton doesn't sound all that great but I'll take it if it means bald kobe is back.

Jarate

Banned
I'm hoping the 07 Trailblazers get in, wouldn't mind the 01 Bucks either.

Wouldn't mind playing with Prime Wilt from the 60's, but idk how you even stat him out

LionPride

Banned
I wonder if people understand that adding in 16 fucking teams, to a list of teams that feature like 7 Bulls teams, 2 Celtics, 8 Lakers, 3 76ers, adding in 2 Grizzlies teams outta 16 ain't a throwaway when they one of...what 5 teams without one as far as we know? Raptors gon get one probably, Wizards gon probably get one, then a couole more so...

Jarate

Banned
I wonder if people understand that adding in 16 fucking teams, to a list of teams that feature like 7 Bulls teams, 2 Celtics, 8 Lakers, 3 76ers, adding in 2 Grizzlies teams outta 16 ain't a throwaway when they one of...what 5 teams without one as far as we know? Raptors gon get one probably, Wizards gon probably get one, then a couole more so...

Raptors already have one

They said every team will get one

If I remember correctly, the teams that didn't have a historic team were

The Nets
The Kings
The Grizzlies
The Thunder (technically Supersonics)
The Clippers

Kings and Grizzlies are represented now(06' Grizzlies though? Kind of weird) they can argue the Thunder have the Supersonics team (I still want Harden, Westbrook, and Durant Thunder tho)

Clippers don't really have a good history. You're only options are the Elton Brand years I guess, since the Paul, Griffin and Jordan teams are too recent. Nets are probably the Jason Kidd led team where they went to the finals a billion years in a row.

LionPride

Banned
Raptors already have one

The Nets
The Kings
The Grizzlies
The Clippers

Kings and Grizzlies are represented now(06' Grizzlies though? Kind of weird) they can argue the Thunder have the Supersonics team (I still want Harden, Westbrook, and Durant Thunder tho)

Clippers don't really have a good history. You're only options are the Elton Brand years I guess, since the Paul, Griffin and Jordan teams are too recent. Nets are probably the Jason Kidd led team where they went to the finals a billion years in a row.
06 Grizz has Prime Pau, tis all

Thunder gon probably get finals team

Clippers may get a World B. Free or Elton Brand year maybe Harper

Nets get a Finals team or VC/RJ/Kidd team

And honestly? As long as they get teams, I can't care bout the other teams. Like if a Brandon Roy Blazers, Melo Knicks, CP3 Hornets, McGrady/Dwight Magic, Wallace Bobcats, some shit like that? I'd like it

Maybe a Pistol Pete Jazz

Maybe a Prime Wilt team

Barkley Suns may get in

Finally the 02 Kings are back. They were a cheat code in 2k2.

Historic teams are generally harder to include the older they are since it becomes more difficult to get the rights to all the old players so I expect to see mostly more recent ones.

I hope for 11 Mavericks, 12 Thunder, 93 Suns, 01 Bucks and a J Kidd Nets team.

Raptors already have one

The Nets
The Kings
The Grizzlies
The Clippers

You must be too young to remember the early 90s clippers, especially the 91-92 clippers with Danny Manning, Ken Norman, Charles Smith, Ron Harper, Gary Grant, Doc Rivers, a young Loy Vaught, Bo Kimble, Olden Polynice, etc. That was a pretty hype team and one of the few years they had a better record than the Lakers. I would pick that team.

Bread

Banned
Now that CP3 is off the Clippers I'd just put their 2012 or 2013 team on there. I want to play as A+++++ athleticism Blake again.

LionPride

Banned
You must be too young to remember the early 90s clippers, especially the 91-92 clippers with Danny Manning, Ken Norman, Charles Smith, Ron Harper, Gary Grant, Doc Rivers, a young Loy Vaught, Bo Kimble, Olden Polynice, etc. That was a pretty hype team and one of the few years they had a better record than the Lakers. I would pick that team.
That or a '12/13 Lob City could def be hype

Shit give me a Reggie Lewis Celtics IDGAF

Or a prime Love TWolves. I want more rep besides the last year we went to a playoffs

Jarate

Banned

Born in 91 so yeah probably too young lol

Top Bottom