• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawks and Raps defensive ranking is skewed by the shittiest of playing in the east. I just wanna see Lebron lose again so fucking badly like when the spurs murdered him in miami, that he bails again.

And please get rid of this bullshit conference system next year so this balding fucknut stops sleepwalking to the finals.

Reads oddly malicious.

Chill out with this shit, man. Just talk ball, or don't. Nobody wants to hear about how LeBron almost ran your dog over or whatever.

Hawks and Raps defensive ranking is skewed by the shittiest of playing in the east. I just wanna see Lebron lose again so fucking badly like when the spurs murdered him in miami, that he bails again.

And please get rid of this bullshit conference system next year so this balding fucknut stops sleepwalking to the finals.

Dang! Harsh, but I'm dying from laughter and I agree.

yes but i don't hold it against him. some of his teams had no business being there and wouldn't have made it out of round 1 in the west, not his problem the east is garbage.

That's true but I really wish he would play in the western conference so his teams would actually have to earn their place in the finals. The Western Conference semi's are usually tougher for a western conference team than the NBA finals

Brinbe

What? Did LeBron Delonte West one of your fam or something? Jeez lol.

Aside from GS/SA/OKC/LAC and maybe POR, the West was garbage AF this season too. Like Golden State didn't benefit from having the shambolic Lakers and the lottery-bound Suns/Kings in their division? The NBA as whole was top-heavy this season with definitely the Cavs and perhaps the Raps being in the discussion of elite teams in addition to those West teams already listed.

This idea that somehow LeBron couldn't somehow hack it in the West just because the East is weaker is ridiculously stupid.

What? Did LeBron Delonte West one of your fam or something? Jeez lol.

Aside from GS/SA/OKC/LAC and maybe POR, the West was garbage AF this season too. Like Golden State didn't benefit from having the shambolic Lakers and the lottery-bound Suns/Kings in their division? The NBA as whole was top-heavy this season with definitely the Cavs and perhaps the Raps being in the discussion of elite teams in addition to those West teams already listed.

Raps are ultimate paper tigers, took em 7 games against Indy and Miami playing absolutely horrible basketball throughout the entire playoffs. they would've been creamed by lower seeded west teams.

yes but i don't hold it against him. some of his teams had no business being there and wouldn't have made it out of round 1 in the west, not his problem the east is garbage.

Two of those Ls came with a loaded Miami Big 3 team.

So averaging out the 2 Cavs Ls, he is 2-2 in the Finals.

Mediocre.

drawkcaB

GSW in 6. Closer series than last year, but last year's finals were deceptively uneven even though it went to 6 games. By half-time game 4 the Warriors-Cavs wasn't particularly close.

GSW will run Love off the floor in the PnR. The Raptors were able to do it a few times and they aren't remotely as efficient on offence as GSW. Channing Frye doesn't solve anything here. Cavs will probably say fuck it and I give Tristan Thompson more play time for his offensive rebounding and help defense. JR will have a JR game or two and I suspect those will lead to Cavs wins. The biggest thing to me though is defense. I just don't think the Cavs have it in them from a discipline and efforts point of view, nor do they have the sort of long arms and physicality OKC used to stifle the Warriors.

Ultimately, what the Warriors did to OKC - a team that smashed them in two straight games after beating San Antonio - is much more impressive than the Cavs beating a physically and emotionally drained Raptors team that played two 7 game series in a row against average at best opponents.

Nothing brings me more joy than a post Finals loss press conference featuring a dejected Lebron.

I want that feeling one more time. GSW please, just one more time.

Nothing brings me more joy than a post Finals loss press conference featuring a dejected Lebron.

you'll get it, preview:

krabs-meme-th.jpg

rambis

Banned

Except the East was more competitive than the West...

Brinbe

Raps are ultimate paper tigers, took em 7 games against Indy and Miami playing absolutely horrible basketball throughout the entire playoffs. they would've been creamed by lower seeded west teams.

Who said otherwise, breh? I've watched enough of the team to know their level. lol, lots of stupid needless hate on here, which is to be expected. We made it two rounds with both stars playing historically bad basketball and a third out for a substantial part of round 2. If Lowry/DeRozan played to their level it wouldn't have gone seven. Anyway, I never said they were title contenders or anything close to that. I know they're probably not to the level of the Western powerhouses.

Out west, we've would've done okay though. We would've definitely beaten Memphis/Houston/Dallas and we could've beaten the Clippers. We most likely lose to Golden State/SA/OKC and probably Portland. So eh, a 4/5 seed all things considered.

Anyway, this is a dumb argument since people will hate regardless because it's fun to hate on the Raps and the East.

He can try, LeBron actually has people to pass it to this year though. Didn't stop Lebron from still being considered by media personnel an MVP last year with his numbers though.

He was considered by moronic media personnel, Lebron TS%ed .477 while being thoroughly outplayed by Iguodala. And sure this year he has better options to pass, but these better options can't defend for shit.

The Lebrons have a shot, sure, but there's absolutely no universe in which that wouldn't be a huge upset.

Not really. Dude is usually whatevs when he gets ended in the Finals. Look at him getting bounced versus someone like say, Kobe:

LeBron:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74eWzr4xIF4

Kobe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81D1TD1nkFg

One of those guys was kinda ok with losing (was proud of winning 2 and losing 2 in 4 years) and the other was steaming over the loss.

One guy is 5 and 2 in the Finals, the other is 2 and 4.

It is what it is.

No, it wasn't at all. Team records are deceptive. Warriors, Spurs, Clippers, Thunder, and I'm going to throw in the Trail Blazers, were all better than any team in the East except the Cavs.

if you made a tournament where the east no. 5 seed played the west's no.5 seed etc. i would be very surprised if the east won any of those matchups. West is just more experienced and better coached with all-stars that can dominate playoff games.

No, it wasn't at all. Team records are deceptive. Warriors, Spurs, Clippers, Thunder, and I'm going to throw in the Trail Blazers, were all better than any team in the East except the Cavs.
Clippers in the playoffs this year. Lol dude. The chain of comments is clearly referring to the playoffs. Top three in the west (dubs, okc, Spurs) clearly great. Rest is nothing special to downright joke.

Fjordson

The only time Lebron was entertaining after a loss was after the Mavericks won. When he basically told all of America that their shitty lives would continue despite him losing and that he was richer and more well off than almost everyone. That was epic.

rambis

Banned
Not really. Dude is usually whatevs when he gets ended in the Finals. Look at him getting bounced versus someone like say, Kobe:

LeBron:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74eWzr4xIF4

Kobe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81D1TD1nkFg

One of those guys was kinda ok with losing (was proud of winning 2 and losing 2 in 4 years) and the other was steaming over the loss.

One guy is 5 and 2 in the Finals, the other is 2 and 4.

It is what it is.
He's outright cried after losses and people like you still bitched. Please. Your rationale is garbage, just admit that some people just outright hate the guy despite what he does.

He's outright cried after losses and people like you still bitched. Please. Your rationale is garbage, just admit that some people just outright hate the guy despite what he does.

I think that the CHOSEN1 should have more than 2 wins in 6 tries.

We are witness to mediocrity.

people forget what happened the last time a healthy Cavs played the Warriors?

lol

Yeah...it was in Cleveland...the Cavs won that game, right?

rambis

Banned
people forget what happened the last time a healthy Cavs played the Warriors?

lol
I wouldn't call the Cavs healthy or complete during either of those meetings. Both happened in Kyries first month back, hell they were his second team this year IIRC. They still had Blatt as coach and didnt have Fryre who is their hottest shooter right now.

NBA Finals OT|| The King asks for seconds and the Chef delivers

I like this one...Just going to make a slight change.

The King demands for seconds. The Chef delivers.

Hopefully that's a neutral enough title. I don't want anything to sound too one sided...

I'll have the thread up before the end of the day. Hopefully....Unfortunately, I'm artistically challenged..

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I like this one...Just going to make a slight change.

The King demands for seconds. The Chef delivers.

Hopefully that's a neutral enough title. I don't want anything to sound too one sided...

I'll have the thread up before the end of the day. Hopefully....Unfortunately, I'm artistically challenged..

At least get the thread up and edit in the other stuff later. This one's getting locked tonight regardless, it's 20 pages overdue and we're not putting up an OT2 just for a day or two! You'd have to go to the Offseason thread in the interim if there's no Finals thread at the time.

Rather see Cleveland win. As arrogant as LeBron has been throughout his career, Steph is already becoming hard to tolerate. He's very cocky on the court. Granted, he is an incredible player but he doesn't carry himself well in terms of sportsmanship.

Plus, the Warriors have been exposed. They were viewed as this untouchable team but they should have lost to the Thunder. Plus, when teams move the ball around against them, it disrupts their rhythm. They are a great shooting team but they take some incredibly dumb shots at times.

Clippers in the playoffs this year. Lol dude. The chain of comments is clearly referring to the playoffs. Top three in the west (dubs, okc, Spurs) clearly great. Rest is nothing special to downright joke.

But even if your point stands, the top 3 is still great. The East have no top 3, they have one great team (coached by Ty Lue, so there's clearly a ceiling there) and a bunch of WTF am I doing here teams. I'm not sure why people point Memphis and the Mavs as a way of saying that the West is weak. Sure, those teams suck, but so does every team in the East that's not Cleveland.

Festus Ezeli
Festus Ezeli – Verified account ‏@festus

Finally some downtime. What to do....hmmm.... Naruto 😊😊😊
9:20 AM - 31 May 2016
107 RETWEETS406 LIKES

Fjordson

Rather see Cleveland win. As arrogant as LeBron has been throughout his career, Steph is already becoming hard to tolerate. He's very cocky on the court. Granted, he is an incredible player but he doesn't carry himself well in terms of sportsmanship.

Plus, the Warriors have been exposed. They were viewed as this untouchable team but they should have lost to the Thunder. Plus, when teams move the ball around against them, it disrupts their rhythm. They are a great shooting team but they take some incredibly dumb shots at times.
This is a hell of a post.

Festus Ezeli
Festus Ezeli – Verified account ‏@festus

Finally some downtime. What to do....hmmm.... Naruto 😊😊😊
9:20 AM - 31 May 2016
107 RETWEETS406 LIKES
Alright I take back what I said. Warriors don't need an upgrade at center.

They were exposed as much as the Cavs were exposed getting pushed to 6 by the Raptors. <rolls eyes>

GSW goes down 3-1 and wins the series 4-3...but they were exposed.

LOL...it's no wonder I stopped posting in this thread regularly, ages ago...

Thunder should have won that series, convincingly in six games. I am more inclined to believe the Thunder lost the series rather than Golden State winning it.

Cleveland won nearly 20 games less than the Warriors this year. Were they suppose to go undefeated all the way through?

rambis

Banned
Clippers and Portland both sucked. I mean Portland's one claim to fame is sticking with the W's with a mostly missing Steph. Lebron and the Knicks redux did that shit last year and even took a couple games.

Thunder should have won that series, convincingly in six games. I am more inclined to believe the Thunder lost the series rather than Golden State winning it.

SHOULD is not what happened. The Thunder has 3 games to get one. The Warriors had no margin for error. When it was go time, they won the series, flat out. They didn't win 73 games this season by being the underdog in situations like this.

The Thunder SHOULD have won Game 6 but you know what? Klay Thompson played out of his mind and they refused to lose. That is why they won 3 in a row when they had to and why they are headed to the Finals.

And before you ask, no, I am not a Warriors fan. I am a fan of the team that hung a 20 point loss on them while failing their way to a 17 win season.

IF Lebron loses in the finals again, why isnt the narrative how bad the east has been, over the last 10 years?

They had to beat Toronto to make it here, I mean not for nothing; but thats a joke and it seems like its that way every year.

Instead they are celebrating 6 in a row like Lebron is some kind of ...........................magician.

At least get the thread up and edit in the other stuff later. This one's getting locked tonight regardless, it's 20 pages overdue and we're not putting up an OT2 just for a day or two! You'd have to go to the Offseason thread in the interim if there's no Finals thread at the time.

If I put it up now, is everyone good with the title? I'll add stuff throughout the day as suggested by XiaNaphryz..

SHOULD is not what happened. The Thunder has 3 games to get one. The Warriors had no margin for error. When it was go time, they won the series, flat out. They didn't win 73 games this season by being the underdog in situations like this.

The Thunder SHOULD have won Game 6 but you know what? Klay Thompson played out of his mind and they refused to lose. That is why they won 3 in a row when they had to and why they are headed to the Finals.

And before you ask, no, I am not a Warriors fan. I am a fan of the team that hung a 20 point loss on them while failing their way to a 17 win season.

OKC handed them a third of their total regular season losses in a week. I don't see how the formula for beating them wasn't laid out.

I wouldn't call the Cavs healthy or complete during either of those meetings. Both happened in Kyries first month back, hell they were his second team this year IIRC. They still had Blatt as coach and didnt have Fryre who is their hottest shooter right now.

holy fuck, what else excuse does Cleveland fan have?

IF Lebron loses in the finals again, why isnt the narrative how bad the east has been, over the last 10 years?.

Because that would diminish LeBron's greatness. Instead, we will blame his teammates or coaching for the loss should it happen.

OKC handed them a third of their total regular season losses in a week. I don't see how the formula for beating them wasn't laid out.

And yet, when the season was on the line, they won 3 straight against this team that supposedly figured out the "formula" to win.

The only time Lebron was entertaining after a loss was after the Mavericks won. When he basically told all of America that their shitty lives would continue despite him losing and that he was richer and more well off than almost everyone. That was epic.

I can't believe I find myself missing villain Lebron these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom