• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Curry's impossible layup just before half time made all the difference. Actually his penetrations were more impressive than his 58% 3pts accuracy in game 7. He figured it out, how to outsmart his opposition. This guy is a genious in his genre.

Servbot24

Banned
Curry's impossible layup just before half time made all the difference. Actually his penetrations were more impressive than his 58% 3pts accuracy in game 7. He figured it out, how to outsmart his opposition. This guy is a genious in his genre.
I do wonder how much is him figuring it out and how much is him healing up. Hope he's near 100% cuz I want fireworks in the finals. From LeBron too.

Yeah donovan needs to be fired, and Durant should go, it's NOT getting any better from here. all he had to do was win one game and he couldn't do that. C'mon

Kevin and Russ lost them game 6 with their special brand of 4th Q clown ball. I dunno wtf they were doing there but the collapse is entirely on them. The coach can only be blamed to an extent. He cant magically control YNB turning the ball over 4 times in 1:40 mins.

CD'S BAR

I do wonder how much is him figuring it out and how much is him healing up. Hope he's near 100% cuz I want fireworks in the finals. From LeBron too.

What is making some of you guys think he's anything besides 100% this series. He and and Kerr both said he's fine, he has played the number of minutes you'd expect, he's put up stats you'd expect...

I think the craziest thing is, regardless who wins, Varejao gets a ring.

Is this a thing, when a player who was traded to another team's original team wins, they get a ring?

GG Warriors, I really wanted OKC to win, but they gave away three straight games.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
So Curry finished the series with 32 made 3 pointers. Which is the record for most all time in any playoff series. Thompson finished with 30 which is 2nd most all time.

Damn they lit up the Thunder holy shit lol.

So, Curry was actually playing below average as he averaged over 5 3s per game in the regular season. He still has yet to really break out for more than a quarter here or there. He can easily go on a 5 game run where he has 35+ 3s.

PatjuhR

I don't see the Cavs winning btw.

Seems to me like OKC had the perfect line-up to break down the GSW offense. I don't see the Cavs do that.

Joei

Is this a thing, when a player who was traded to another team's original team wins, they get a ring?

GG Warriors, I really wanted OKC to win, but they gave away three straight games.

I'm not sure on the exact rules, but i remember reading about it shortly after the trade/release/ and signing of AV with GSW that he'd get a ring if it was this finals matchup again. I think it's cause he spent most of the season with the Cavs, but that part is just a guess.

Lebron's legacy will be permanently COOKED if he loses 2-5 and 0-2 against the same team in the finals. c'mon bruh, he better shower Lil b with trubutes out the ass

Tim Kawakami
Tim Kawakami – Verified account ‏@timkawakami

Steph Curry was +18. Nobody else in the game was in double-digits on the plus side. Westbrook was -14.
1:04 AM - 31 May 2016
32 RETWEETS52 LIKES

Ripenen

Durant and Westbrook are so good but when they get shook they go into panic mode and just play poorly. They were down by a couple buckets in the third and were scrambling like they were down by three with 10 seconds left in the game.

That seems like a coaching problem, but I'm not sure KD or Westbrook could be coached out of those tendencies at this point.

I'm not sure on the exact rules, but i remember reading about it shortly after the trade/release/ and signing of AV with GSW that he'd get a ring if it was this finals matchup again. I think it's cause he spent most of the season with the Cavs, but that part is just a guess.

I read up a little on this, and apparently it's all dependent on the team owner/management. I don't know if they had an agreement when Varejao was traded, but that would be cool if he ended up with a ring regardless of who wins the Finals.

Yeah donovan needs to be fired, and Durant should go, it's NOT getting any better from here. all he had to do was win one game and he couldn't do that. C'mon

Cavs lost 2 to the 2nd seed
Warriors lost to the fukkin bum ass 8th seed rockets

bum ass rockets would take Toronto to 7

and win

phanphare

Banned
Tim Kawakami
Tim Kawakami – Verified account ‏@timkawakami

Steph Curry was +18. Nobody else in the game was in double-digits on the plus side. Westbrook was -14.
1:04 AM - 31 May 2016
32 RETWEETS52 LIKES

wZA5TeU.gif

Congrats to the Warriors.

I think the finals against the fully healty Cavs, will be awesome to watch.

My biggest sympathy goes out to OKC.
I think overall during the 7 games, they showed they where a better team than the Warriors. I really think OKC where better, and presented a team and strategy (when it was NOT hero ball playing) that gave the Warriors a shitload of problems during this series.
I also totally agree with TNT crew about everything why OKC could not advance.

I will not start going down the road, regarding if mr Green should have been suspended or not, but i will say that the things he did have absolutley no place at all in the NBA. At the same time im kinda glad he didnt get suspended, beacuse if OKC would have advanced it would have been so easy to point finger and said yeah thats why OKC won the series.

Bring on the finals!
This makes no sense at all. The game Green would have been suspended for OKC crushed the Warriors.

I think the craziest thing is, regardless who wins, Varejao gets a ring.

they don't have to give him a ring. nobody has the right to a ring it's just a tradition, sometimes owners give out rings to players who got traded, sometimes they don't.
considering Varejao is a cavs legends they might, considering he plays for GS he might not want it.

it's a moot point anyway because CLE has no chance in hell.

Looking at those highlights from Curry. Makes me think that he's a space shooter. This means he doesn't even have to see the hoop. He just needs to get to his spot and let it flight cause he has internalized the shooting motion required to make the basket. I would try this out by defending the most accurate spaces for him and see how accurate he can be if these are slightly different.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Looking at those highlights from Curry. Makes me think that he's a space shooter. This means he doesn't even have to see the hoop. He just needs to get to his spot and let it flight cause he has internalized the shooting motion required to make the basket. I would try this out by defending the most accurate spaces for him and see how accurate he can be if these are slightly different.

Just look at the end of that GS-NO playoff game last season at the end of regulation with 2 Pelicans all over him and Curry shooting with his eyes closed in the corner.

Durant and Westbrook are so good but when they get shook they go into panic mode and just play poorly. They were down by a couple buckets in the third and were scrambling like they were down by three with 10 seconds left in the game.

That seems like a coaching problem, but I'm not sure KD or Westbrook could be coached out of those tendencies at this point.
It's also them thinking only they can do it.

Don't like Currys attitude but they seemed to have killed it looking at the third and the point spread

Warriors won one quarter and easily one the game.

Can't see cavs winning but will see how that goes.

Not an okc fan by any means but feel a bit bad for thier fans playing as good as they had.

Lol... I'm sure that's a sentiment with a lot of GSW "fans." Just wait to the finals start. I warn you though, Cleveland is a little better than OKC.

they are quite a lot worse.
ultimate pretenders beating up the little kids.
they haven't played a decent opponent in months, they'll be so shook when their shenanigans won't work against a good team, can't wait.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Lol... I'm sure that's a sentiment with a lot of GSW "fans." Just wait to the finals start. I warn you though, Cleveland is a little better than OKC.

News flash: not everyone picking against the Cavs are actually fans of GS. Plenty of fans of other teams who post in here and dumb lines like that don't necessarily discredit their posts, keep the random bandwagon shitpost accusations to yourself please.

Kickz

Just an instant classic of a series, that made it so worth sitting through a trash playoffs so far other than Thunder vs Spurs. I hope LeBron can atleast match OKC.

Joei

they are quite a lot worse.
ultimate pretenders beating up the little kids.
they haven't played a decent opponent in months, they'll be so shook when their shenanigans won't work against a good team, can't wait.

I'm not gonna waste my breath arguing here. And I'm not sure what shenanigans you're talking about.

Joei

News flash: not everyone picking against the Cavs are actually fans of GS. Plenty of fans of other teams who post in here and dumb lines like that don't necessarily discredit their posts, keep the random bandwagon shitpost accusations to yourself please.

He said Cavs have no chance in hell. And I'm the one making a shitpost? Sorry for defending the team I'm rooting for.

He said Cavs have no chance in hell. And I'm the one making a shitpost? Sorry for defending the team I'm rooting for.
It's of people get defensive when you aren't for this team or thing. And start calling wrong ideas like the guy that said I'd be against gs in 100 games which was really silly since I was just for okc and how they were playing.

I believe the Cavs have very little chance, they are emotionally worse than okc imo and that doesnt bold well.

They are rested need to take first two.

Cheebo

Banned
No one actually thinks Cavs have a chance do they? They lost two to the RAPTORS. They have no chance.

GSW in 5, in 6 if Cavs are lucky.

Tommy Beer
Tommy Beer – Verified account ‏@TommyBeer

As of 3 weeks ago, no player in NBA history had ever made > 28 three-pointers in a playoff series
Klay made 30 3PT's vs OKC
Curry hit 32 3's

GSW are far better this year than last. And match-up wise Kyrie and Love really don't match up well with GSW. Part of why they lose both regular season games this year.

Cavs are also better than they were last year, for GS you could make an argument that their defense is worse this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom