• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
LeBron's situation is kinda hilarious. Feasts on dumpster squads to get to the Finals, for which he deserves some credit but it's still dumpster squads.

Has to go up against juggernauts in the Finals and if he losses it's all expected because the team is stupid ridiculous. The guy is stuck in this bizarre purgatory where he's in the Finals by default and losses by default.
He's a gatekeeper

cVQCtyR.png

Lightning

Banned
LeBron's situation is kinda hilarious. Feasts on dumpster squads to get to the Finals, for which he deserves some credit but it's still dumpster squads.

Has to go up against juggernauts in the Finals and if he losses it's all expected because the team is stupid ridiculous. The guy is stuck in this bizarre purgatory where he's in the Finals by default and losses by default.
Why is Lebron the only one who gets held to this standard? KD has now had 9 seasons and he hasn't won his first chip yet. GSW have been widely considered the best team in basketball currently all season. Does that excuse LeBron, no, but if he plays well but Kevin Love does one of his 4points, 3 rebound shooting 1 from 10 games is that LeBron's fault? If LeBron himself doesn't turn up you can blame him but if he does his part and the rest of this Cleveland team don't turn up then it's hardly his fault.

For example, I blame LeBron for the Toronto loss in game 4. He only took1 shot in the last 5 minutes of a close game. That's unacceptable, but game 3 is not his fault that Kyrie/Love etc all decide to not turn up.

^^

Yep...because a rising stars exhibtion game D is as good as Finals defense and players are able to move 1.5x normal speed.

That's not the last time Kyrie has made people look silly.

(Though I'm not being completely serious, and heaven knows Kyrie has his own injury problems and defensive silliness issues.)

Ranvier

I think Klay guards him most of the time and Curry will spend most of the time hiding next to J.R smith. Though curry should have to guard Kyrie a few possessions each game like he did with Westbrook

kaiju

does steph even guard kyrie? or did klay guard him in their regular season games?

heh...was tongue in cheek. that was the narrative after the first couple of games last year though

Ahh gotcha. TBH Cavs are very dangerous, but I like the Warriors' chances especially with how they fought back down 3-1. I expect another tough Finals series that will be great fun to watch.

RedAssedApe

Banned
LOL I just saw that Russ said Curry only scored off the OKC bigs and never on him. Forreal?

This is why he'll never win, dude has an ego the size of the state he plays in.

tumblr_inline_nx5j85M5bd1qfkvv8_500.gif

dude forgot that layup late in the game i guess where steph just coasted to the basket and beat him. gotta love westbrook b/c of ucla but man...this guy sometimes lol

TTG

Just be glad he didn't strangle Ibaka for fouling Steph late right there on the court. That would have made a lively off season.

Its not a unique situation in the NBA though Magic Johnson went to 9 NBA finals and lost four of them. Also Jerry West went to 9 NBA finals himself and lost eight of them.

yuraya

So Curry finished the series with 32 made 3 pointers. Which is the record for most all time in any playoff series. Thompson finished with 30 which is 2nd most all time.

Damn they lit up the Thunder holy shit lol.

beat

LOL I just saw that Russ said Curry only scored off the OKC bigs and never on him. Forreal?

Steph highlights from game 7. I've cued this up to a three over Westbrook from the first quarter. https://youtu.be/evqpY7HNERg?t=1m08s

Then at 1:25, he blows by Westbrook for the layup. At 2:25, with 5 seconds left in the first half, off WB's made FT, he blew by Westbrook in transition to make the buzzer beating layup, though that was also over a couple of other Thunder players at the rim -- Russ took himself out of it gambling for a steal. At 5:07, with the Thunder not really having any rim protection (Ibaka is on the perimeter guarding Klay), Russ challenges Steph's layup but can't reach. And then yeah, the dagger 3, Steph beat Roberson and Russ was the next closest and didn't really challenge. So depending how you count that last shot, that's four to five made FGs from Steph against Russ.

Fjordson

So Curry finished the series with 32 made 3 pointers. Which is the record for most all time in any playoff series. Thompson finished with 30 which is 2nd most all time.

Damn they lit up the Thunder holy shit lol.
Curry also has the record for most 3's in a four game series. And the most in a five game series. And the most in a six game series.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Why can't the NBA officiate all games like this WCF game seven? This was a breath of fresh air.

Fjordson

Klay for Love? lol

So many criticized the Warriors for not pulling the trigger on that trade.
Here's my first post in the 2014 off season thread after someone said they're not sure anyone will make a move to stop the Spurs from repeating.

Except for Kerr to the Warriors you mean. He's a sleeping giant, breh. Popovich, Auerbach and Phil Jackson all rolled into one. Once we get Kevin Love our big three will destroy the league. Believe!

Oops.

Man. The haters sure took an L with this series. Dudes been hiding under a rock and all of a sudden Warriors got challenged and so many came out ready to curb stomp them.

Go back under your rocks.

hbkdx12

Apparently along with downplaying Curry's skills in the post conference, people are saying that YNB didn't hug it out or shake hands with anyone from GSW, only steve kerr and then bee lined it to the locker room

TTG

I genuinely feel bad for Durant. it was one of those where he played well enough to win, but didn't. With the late game one man run it was shades of Tony Parker game 6 against Miami when Ray Allen cancelled that win. Besides that, I liked the way he carried himself during the game and after and the defense is coming around... He's the third best player in the league by a wide margin.

Daante

Congrats to the Warriors.

I think the finals against the fully healty Cavs, will be awesome to watch.

My biggest sympathy goes out to OKC.
I think overall during the 7 games, they showed they where a better team than the Warriors. I really think OKC where better, and presented a team and strategy (when it was NOT hero ball playing) that gave the Warriors a shitload of problems during this series.
I also totally agree with TNT crew about everything why OKC could not advance.

I will not start going down the road, regarding if mr Green should have been suspended or not, but i will say that the things he did have absolutley no place at all in the NBA. At the same time im kinda glad he didnt get suspended, beacuse if OKC would have advanced it would have been so easy to point finger and said yeah thats why OKC won the series.

Bring on the finals!

Where did you see this? During the postgame press conference he mentioned Curry scoring on the bigs but not once did he say that Curry never scored on him.

Yeah donovan needs to be fired, and Durant should go, it's NOT getting any better from here. all he had to do was win one game and he couldn't do that. C'mon

cavs dropped 2 games to the fucking RAPTORS

warriors in 3

Cavs lost 2 to the 2nd seed
Warriors lost to the fukkin bum ass 8th seed rockets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom