• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC News: Former Russian counter-intelligence officer was in Don Jr. meeting

Just nine more to go!

The title of a West Wing episode... about the number of people involved in a conspiracy

tumblr_mps9sdlC4T1rrkbwwo2_400.gif

SomTervo

Yeah, as frustrating as it is that they need to build a strong case before prosecuting...

Imagine if they rushed it and lost the case. That would almost literally mean that Russia has free reign over the country.

Christ yeah that is a horrible thought.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Trump the past week: "Look, I'm new to politics and also this is completely normal in politics."

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
If it was just some inconsequential random human I doubt it would take this long. It's someone big, we're through the looking glass, smiling trump man.jpeg, things are going to happen, HL3. Time to fucking believe.

Remember that photo of the Russian lawyer sitting behind Amb. McFaul that the usual suspects were turning into evidence of an Obama conspiracy? Guess what?
While Veselnitskaya was not allowed to testify in Congress, she did secure a prime, front-row seat for a June 14 hearing in the House on Russia-related issues.

Her high-profile spot in the room gained notice this week with the circulation of a photo in which she looms over the shoulder of former U.S. ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul, an adviser to President Barack Obama and a witness before the panel. Some conservative blogs this week have said the photo suggests she had accompanied McFaul and was a Democratic plant.

In fact, her seat had been reserved for her by a Republican consultant with close ties to the Trump campaign.

Lanny Wiles, whose wife, Susie, was then chairing the Trump campaign in Florida, said in an interview that he came early to scout out the seat and was there at the request of Akhmetshin, with whom he was working as a consultant on the sanctions-related adoption issue.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...g-101pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.d415b554befe

Pedrito

Did the NYT ever hint at how they got their hands on the email chain? It could only have come from Don Jr., Kushner or Manafort or someone who had access to their personal inboxes. Goldstone as well if they didn't have the last email sent to Kushner/Manafort.

Did the NYT ever hint at how they got their hands on the email chain? It could only have come from Don Jr., Kushner or Manafort or someone who had access to their personal inboxes. Goldstone as well if they didn't have the last email sent to Kushner/Manafort.
Rumors it came from one of the legal teams. I'll post the article if I can find it again. I think it said the lawyers are all suspicious of each other now. I could be full of shit though lol let me check

rfield84

Banned
Guess that reveal didn't come today.

Hopefully tomorrow. Normally, I'd say not to expect anything till the next business day, but this story originally dropped last Saturday, right? Hopefully that's an indication we can see something tomorrow or Sunday.

Wag

So I'm wondering- Kushner turned in revised security clearance forms a couple of days ago with over 100 names he didn't provide the first time. Did he include that foreign agent at the meeting or that "secret" 8th person on the list?

Pedrito

Rumors it came from one of the legal teams. I'll post the article if I can find it again. I think it said the lawyers are all suspicious of each other now. I could be full of shit though lol let me check

The weird thing is that it's the first time we're seeing documents coming from Trump's inner circle. Not just leaks like "person X said this or person Y said that", but real documents. Yet, Don Jr and Don Sr didn't really complain all that much that those emails were leaked/stolen. If they had been betrayed, it's all we'd hear about.

If this was leaked by a legal team, the respective client must have authorized it.
If it's Manafort, why are they protecting him by saying he was on his phone the whole time?
If it's Kushner, why are they protecting him by saying he left after a few minutes?
If it's Trump, why would he leak something so damaging?

So Goldstone?

antonz

The weird thing is that it's the first time we're seeing documents coming from Trump's inner circle. Not just leaks like "person X said this or person Y said that", but real documents. Yet, Don Jr and Don Sr didn't really complain all that much that those emails were leaked/stolen. If they had been betrayed, it's all we'd hear about.

If this was leaked by a legal team, the respective client must have authorized it.
If it's Manafort, why are they protecting him by saying he was on his phone the whole time?
If it's Kushner, why are they protecting him by saying he left after a few minutes?

So Goldstone?

Kushner makes sense when you consider his updated forms were submitted showing over 100 extra foreign individual contacts. The form even newly submitted was still missing this particular meeting so even after a 2nd filing he is caught lying again.

Yet all the news is Don jr.

SeeThree

It doesn't matter if the #8 reveal sucks. This is "Stupid Watergate" we just got a taste of the beginning but they fast forwarded past the intro.

These people have no experience or qualification. Probably at 30/1000 cuts?
This shit is sad and embarrassing but it does have laughs and watching people defend it/hang themselves is pretty good.

So Goldstone?
It's actually hard to say. So many people have been brought on to oversee this shit show it makes it hard to compare to earlier leaks. Trumps behavior is weird though. I'd like to think he's just shook, but him not that optimistic.

I know people are really excited about the whole "Mueller's Eleven" superteam, but seriously, check out this crew Donnie Jr. had running!

Got a dipshit, a couple of morons, and all the Devil's Advocates! Pretty much the Universal Movie Monsters Dark Universe assemblage right here. Look out, Justice League!

Kushner needs to be as well. Manafort I think has been toast for a minute.
They're all fucked, and in any other presidency they'd be fired. But Trump can simply refuse to revoke Kushner's security clearance and let him continue to work in White House for as long as he want.

I'm kinda depressed that nothing is going to make Trump fire Kushner. That will be a big blow to his presidency.

Top Bottom