• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC News: Former Russian counter-intelligence officer was in Don Jr. meeting

pompidu

To those always saying how these things take years and pointing to watergate - I get where you're coming from, but this seems very different. Watergate dealt with a president cheating to get elected, which is bad, but this is on a whole other level. This is a legitimate national security concern where the more time he is in office, the more damage he can do. The more sensitive intel he or his staff could be leaking. The more international good will he can flush down the toilet.

We do not fully understand Trump or his staff's motives. The only thing we do know is that Russia wanted him there and wanted to hurt America and the trust its citizens have in its government.

This shit is urgent. Do it right, but do it fast. Frankly, the speed of information makes me think that's what's happening. But just wanted to comment on the "this takes years" posters. It can't take years.

I agree, this shit can't be hanging in the wind. Putin already proved he was right in that democracy is extremely weak and susceptible to foreign influence. Removing Trump and his cronies needs to be done ASAP to persevere democracy.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
I'm confused since I was at Spider-Man today - it seems like we know who the 8th person was, yet the NYT is promising to reveal who?

shiba5

So here is the list so far:

Don Jr.
Kushner
Manafort
Goldstone Publicist, contact of Agalarov and Emin
Samochornov Translator
Veselnitskaya Lady russian "adoption lawyer"
Akhmetshin Russian ex-military/intelligence, known hacker

????

One of the Russian pee pee tape hookers.

I'm confused since I was at Spider-Man today - it seems like we know who the 8th person was, yet the NYT is promising to reveal who?
There's allegedly an 8th person, a representative of Agalarov, that hasn't been named yet. Current list:

Kushner
Manafort
Don Jr.
Veselnitskaya (lawyer)
Akhmetshin (spy/hacker)
Goldstone
Anatoli Samochornov (translator)
Representative of the Agalarov's

PopeReal

To those always saying how these things take years and pointing to watergate - I get where you're coming from, but this seems very different. Watergate dealt with a president cheating to get elected, which is bad, but this is on a whole other level. This is a legitimate national security concern where the more time he is in office, the more damage he can do. The more sensitive intel he or his staff could be leaking. The more international good will he can flush down the toilet.

We do not fully understand Trump or his staff's motives. The only thing we do know is that Russia wanted him there and wanted to hurt America and the trust its citizens have in its government.

This shit is urgent. Do it right, but do it fast. Frankly, the speed of information makes me think that's what's happening. But just wanted to comment on the "this takes years" posters. It can't take years.

Totally agree with this, but at the same time I understand that they want to be careful and get it right.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Totally agree with this, but at the same time I understand that they want to be careful and get it right.

Yeah, as frustrating as it is that they need to build a strong case before prosecuting...

Imagine if they rushed it and lost the case. That would almost literally mean that Russia has free reign over the country.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
There's allegedly an 8th person, a representative of Agalarov, that hasn't been named yet. Current list:

Kushner
Manafort
Don Jr.
Veselnitskaya (lawyer)
Akhmetshin (spy/hacker)
Goldstone
Anatoli Samochornov (translator)
Representative of the Agalarov's
Cool, thanks!

Hope it's something juicy.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I found the 8th man.

RI3sfxR.jpg

AYF 001

I think people need to take into consideration the ratios of factors involved in the two investigations. Nowadays we have access to computers and the internet, so information can be gathered and processed much faster. However, the amount of information they likely have to cover is also much greater, given the family's history of corruption. There are also a lot more players involved, but they're also a lot stupider this time around. If someone wants to look at those variables and come up with an estimated timetable, it could help people come to grips with the situation better.

Think of the FBI investigation like a glacier: it's slow moving, and there's not a whole lot going on at any particular moment. But you're also not going to be able to slow it down, and any obstacle in its path will be flattened. Just a matter of time.

I really feel like there is something there with that Alfa Bank to DeVos server thing. When did those weird server interactions start happening?

It's funny how omg registered democrat is what trumpkins are reduced to. Mueller hires a lot of people and some are registered democrats. Apparently professional impartiality doesn't exist in their world.
Trump was a registered democrat!

I really feel like there is something there with that Alfa Bank to DeVos server thing. When did those weird server interactions start happening?
Yeah it's suspicious but based purely on what's was dumped by an anonymous concerned individual in public it's really impossible to tell, every question about that data leads to questions only a federal agent armed with a warrant can really get answers on.
Either FBI got somewhere big with that line, or have a good innocent explanation, or totally stuffed it up and trump buried the evidence forever. One of those three things and we won't know which until everything comes out.

Он просто продолжает происходить.

:p

Из этого ничего не выйдет.

It was in front of our faces all along...the 8th person is Baron Trump.

wKyz8co.jpg

On Facebook, conservatives are trying to shame female lawmakers who wear sleeveless tops.

Pingree's comments were aimed at Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), who said he would work with the sergeant-at-arms to modernize the dress code that includes requiring men to wear a suit and tie in both the Speaker's lobby and House chamber.
New controversy recently sparked on Capitol Hill when female reporters protested being restricted from entering the Speaker's lobby on business due to their attire.

Top Bottom