• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA March Madness: Sweet 16 / Elite 8 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
...but now an all Big 10 final can finally be realized....both of the the Big 10 teams are dangerous and capable of winning. Should be a great final four.

Seth C

Incognito said:
SethC am crying.

:lol :lol :lol

Haha...I don't cry over basketball. Sorry to burst that bubble. I'm disappointed, but at the beginning of the season if anyone had told me this team would make the Elite Eight and it would take a double overtime to send them home...well, I would have been thrilled. We're good, but inconsistant. That can probably be attributed to our youth.

I'm far more pissed off that storms have been killing the HD feed of the games today, so I don't have a decent recording of either game. :/

Seth C said:
I'm far more pissed off that storms have been killing the HD feed of the games today, so I don't have a decent recording of either game. :/

NOW that's something I'd be crying about. The difference between HD and non-HD basketball games is dramatically noticeable. I won't even watch the game if it's not HD-fed.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cubsfan23 said:
all i have to say is I'm glad we didn't get Rondo........
:) :)
Rondo sure looked like a freshman in overtime. Dribbled away the clock at the end of the first overtime. Dribbled away the clock twice in the second overtime. Costly turnover on the break. I was really suprised that Tubby had both Hayes and Sparks on the bench to start the second overtime. That woudln't have been my strategy.

tx_shannon_all.jpg

GO STATE! FINAL FOUR #4 FOR IZZO...

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Mudwhistle said:
tx_shannon_all.jpg

GO STATE! FINAL FOUR #4 FOR IZZO...

Congrats to State and good job reppin the Big 10. But I'm affraid my wallet wins out over conference loyalty. So now its go Illini and go UNC!

Cubsfan23 said:
So far this tourney, Louisville has a +46 rebounding margin

Illinois? -24

Good luck stopping Garcia :)

Yo momma. This isn't the Final Four anymore... it's the Big Ten Invitational now.

Just kidding -- good luck

NLB2

Banned
Cubsfan23 said:
So far this tourney, Louisville has a +46 rebounding margin

Illinois? -24

Good luck stopping Garcia :)
Sorry dude, it just ain't happening. I bet your mommy'll hold the tissue when you turn into a crybaby after Illinois beats your precious Cardinals and you need to blow your nose.

Btw, how can a Chicagoan not like Illinois?

kgHavok23

Mudwhistle said:
Yo momma. This isn't the Final Four anymore... it's the Big Ten Invitational now.

Just kidding -- good luck

:lol :lol :lol

....but seriously...UNC-Mich St. is gonna go down to the last shot, good luck to u all. GO ILLINOIS!!

Cubsfan23

Banned
NLB2 said:
Sorry dude, it just ain't happening. I bet your mommy'll hold the tissue when you turn into a crybaby after Illinois beats your precious Cardinals and you need to blow your nose.

Btw, how can a Chicagoan not like Illinois?

I'm in Louisville.....

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Jesus, I was going crazy watching the end of that MSU/Kentucky game. I was going to completely flip out if MSU lost. That was too tense. The end of regulation was played way too conservatively. The game could have been sealed if they were a bit less passive.

Go MSU! I've been very, very pleased that they've come together pretty well during the tournament and haven't had any huge gaping flaws that have sometimes emerged during big games.

Also, I gotta give a shout for the MSU women. Hopefully they keep on trucking too!

Cubsfan23 said:
Illinois is the second worse defensive 3 point fg % team in the Big Ten? Whoa, good luck guys :lol :lol

I know right! I mean, Stoudamire just lit us up from beyond the arc.

3pt defense is one of the things i'm least worried about. Have you seen how the Illini's big three play D?

Cubsfan23 said:
Illinois is the second worse defensive 3 point fg % team in the Big Ten? Whoa, good luck guys :lol :lol

Dude, Illinois is still the #1 team in the country with a ridiculous record of 36-1. And here's another newsflash: no matter what bullshit stat you can spit out, they're still far-and-away better than anyone Louisville has played this year. Quit acting like your team didn't just squeak by West Virginia. It's gonna be a close game, with A LOT of orange and blue in the stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom