• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
NewLib said:
Even Gary Williams? I mean I know he won a title (He is the worst coach to win a title since Steve Fisher), but man has he done absolutely shit since then

Edit: Actually I think Gary's problem is more he cant recruit than he cant coach.

Exactly, sweaty Gary refuses to deal with AAU guys so he loses out on a lot of big in state talent (see Rudy Gay for a perfect example). There have been times that he's gotten good talent but had a difficult time managing the egos (see Gilchrist). Gary is a decent coach that just doesn't get the talent that Hewitt does. GT/Atlanta recruits itself, but you see the guys that have gone through GT during his tenure and what he's done with them, he's absolutely terrible.

jakncoke

Banned
get some bball up in dis bitch :D

Edit: I wonder how many bottle of hair gel/jerry curl juice Garcia goes through on a week to week basis

jakncoke

Banned
epic finish incoming from the miami/memphis game?

Edit; holy shti blown dunk :lol :lol :lol

Edit: Pretty good finish happening in the Monmouth/Stony Brook game

Edit: What in the fuck was that :lol 2 to tie 2 tie ..holy fuck why would you shoot a 3 there no need. haw

Meier

How bout Chris Singleton's triple double the other night.. first of all time in the ACC that included steals? He wasn't that far off from a quad double. Ballller!

DY_nasty said:
GT is getting smacked right now at home by (N)KSU-Not Kansas State University
Hey! It was AT KSU, not at GT!

:-(

We suck so hard. I can't believe we got blown out by KSU. It's time for Hewitt to go, I kept wanting to give him a chance but it's over.

truly101 said:
Exactly, sweaty Gary refuses to deal with AAU guys so he loses out on a lot of big in state talent (see Rudy Gay for a perfect example). There have been times that he's gotten good talent but had a difficult time managing the egos (see Gilchrist). Gary is a decent coach that just doesn't get the talent that Hewitt does. GT/Atlanta recruits itself, but you see the guys that have gone through GT during his tenure and what he's done with them, he's absolutely terrible.
I think Hewitt does relatively well at working on some individual skills for players as they seem to do well in the NBA, but at putting together a team he is absolutely awful. He just has no concept of offense and defensively we're always just mediocre.

vas_a_morir said:
Yeah, I don't blame our coach for bailing on us for UCF. They will be in the Big East in a few years, although South Florida ain't too happy about it.
We'll see how he fares against better teams, though - UCF just beat up on Jackson St. of the SWAC last night like 80-39... And speaking of USF, UCF will host them Thursday at the UCF Arena. Hope I can make it.

negreenfield said:
Hey! It was AT KSU, not at GT!

:-(

We suck so hard. I can't believe we got blown out by KSU. It's time for Hewitt to go, I kept wanting to give him a chance but it's over.
seriously. i was there for the Final Four run in the spring of 2004, but it's been disappointment after disappointment since then. not saying fire him now, but his ability to coach is looking ever more questionable as the years go by.

kkaabboomm said:
seriously. i was there for the Final Four run in the spring of 2004, but it's been disappointment after disappointment since then. not saying fire him now, but his ability to coach is looking ever more questionable as the years go by.
I wasn't in San Antonio but the Will Bynum layup might be the greatest play in GT basketball history (Kenny Anderson vs Mich State after the buzzer in 1990 NCAAs was huge but earlier in the tourney). And here we are 6 years later and every year has been underachieving. It's time to move on. Unfortunately Hewitt's contract is so ridiculous it will be very difficult and hurt the school for a long period of time to buy it out, hopefully some alumni can come up with the money. And I really like Hewitt and wanted him to succeed, but he simply is not a good basketball coach.

LegoDad

jakncoke said:
pullen with 3 goddamn. and damn these 2 teams push the fuck out of the tempo :lol

The Refs sucked, I was at the game, glad we finally got our act together and won the game. 2 ticky tacky fouls on pullen early, and the 2nd half they let them play a little more. Consistency sucks.

NewLib

Banned
So guess what.

If you have a mediocre team which returns its 5 starters, what are they the next year?

Still a mediocre team you dolt.

Cubsfan23 said:
Louisville is gonna lose tonight :(
i beg to differ, unlike last year our team actually plays together

Sosa and Samuels were horrible role players for us, and brought down the team as a whole, Sosa more then Samuels. I think we will turn a few heads this year, but we aren't final four bound or anything

NewLib said:
So guess what.

If you have a mediocre team which returns its 5 starters, what are they the next year?

Still a mediocre team you dolt.

Think it's safe to say Florida was overrated by about 20 spots.

Huge win for the Bucks tonight on the road. Sullinger is the real deal, kid is just a beast inside. Also WTF Florida fans, you cant sell out your tin 12k stadium for a battle of top 10s? Pathetic.

impirius

Refs just took 3 points off the board because the clock operator screwed up. What the hell are we supposed to do about that? That ended up being a 6-point swing.

NewLib

Banned
Rafa=FedKilla said:
Yes! We beat TTech, bball team please continue to lift the spirits of this damaged goods campus. Thank you Sun Belt.

Sun Belt is going to be a fucking dog fight between North Texas and Western Kentucky. Both look much better than advertised.

Mac the KNife said:
I hope everyone went to bed at halftime. What a butt-ugly second half by Michigan State.
Very ugly. Izzo looked pissed.
These commentators were making it out to be an epic comeback though.

mmxzero

Mac the KNife said:
I hope everyone went to bed at halftime. What a butt-ugly second half by Michigan State.
This seems to happens all too often doesn't it? At least last year if I remember correctly, 2nd half complacency. Get that free throw % to where it should be and we should be able to breathe easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom